My deviated septum is going to make me blow my brains out

User28823

User28823

do not go gentle into that good night
I have a massive bone spur / deviated septum causing constant post nasal drip

At one point it was so bad i was apparently choking on the post nasal drip while I slept causing coughing throughout the day

It feels like something is at the very back of my nose damn near 24/7 and when I try to inhale it I start choking and it doesn't do SHIT

can't get surgery for another couple of months cuz of accutane

fuark, i pussied out of the surgery last year too cuz of muh ENS syndrome scare

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer, twojei, cooldude1231 and 2 others
i can relate. drives me crazy when i go to sleep sometimes.

• +1
Reactions: User28823
i can relate. drives me crazy when i go to sleep sometimes.
im about to buy an endoscopic camera and look in there myself to see whats clogged up and find a way to clear that shit out everyday

• +1
Reactions: Simр
Why postpone surgery because of accutane? Can't you just get off the accutane?

I had a rhino 10 years ago and they fixed my deviated septum somewhat but I think it wasn't corrected fully. One nostril will kind of just switch randomly and not work as well as the other sometimes. Make sure you go to the best surgeon when you can get it.

• +1
Reactions: Simр and User28823
Why postpone surgery because of accutane? Can't you just get off the accutane?

I had a rhino 10 years ago and they fixed my deviated septum somewhat but I think it wasn't corrected fully. One nostril will kind of just switch randomly and not work as well as the other sometimes. Make sure you go to the best surgeon when you can get it.
cant get surgery until 6 months post accutane

gotta wait till january

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
One nostril will kind of just switch randomly and not work as well as the other sometimes.
this happens to me constantly. is surgery the only option to correct this issue?

• +1
this happens to me constantly. is surgery the only option to correct this issue?
I'm honestly not even sure. I think a septoplasty should fix it entirely if the surgeon does a good job. It might be actually caused by something else. A surgeon will probably be able to diagnose it before telling you if you need surgery or not.

I'd go to a doctor and a surgeon to give me some opinions because it could be structural or it could be something else maybe stuck in your nose.

• +1
I'm honestly not even sure. I think a septoplasty should fix it entirely if the surgeon does a good job. It might be actually caused by something else. A surgeon will probably be able to diagnose it before telling you if you need surgery or not.

I'd go to a doctor and a surgeon to give me some opinions because it could be structural or it could be something else maybe stuck in your nose.
Thanks for the advice (y)

Would rhino be a good solution to fix nasal congestion and slightly bulbous nose tip?

i think the nose tip might be related to improper skincare but idk. have an appointment with a dermatologist in 2 weeks time so ig I’ll see.

• +1

I think that's just normal nasal cycling

I remember my ENT mentioning it to me

• +1
Why should you care bhai? You are 6' jacked millionaire programmer. You can get any girl you want

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Thanks for the advice (y)

Would rhino be a good solution to fix nasal congestion and slightly bulbous nose tip?

i think the nose tip might be related to improper skincare but idk. have an appointment with a dermatologist in 2 weeks time so ig I’ll see.
In my opinion a rhino + septo would probably be the best bet. The tip of the nose shouldn't have a problem from skincare because it's partly cartilage and such. Skincare shouldn't have an effect on how big the tip is. I had a bulbous tip as well. I didn't necessarily have congestion from what I remember pre rhino, but my tip definitely got fixed. I breathed very good after rhinoplasty.

I think that's just normal nasal cycling

I remember my ENT mentioning it to me
Problem with that is that both nostrils should naturally be functioning. Nasal cycling doesn't really make much sense to me. If I have two nostrils why is it that when I cover one nostril hole and try to breathe through only the other one, I barely get air in and it feels weird? When I cover the problematic hole, the other breathes entirely normal.

I think it's a structural issue.

• +1
In my opinion a rhino + septo would probably be the best bet. The tip of the nose shouldn't have a problem from skincare because it's partly cartilage and such. Skincare shouldn't have an effect on how big the tip is. I had a bulbous tip as well. I didn't necessarily have congestion from what I remember pre rhino, but my tip definitely got fixed. I breathed very good after rhinoplasty.
Alright, i'll look at getting it checked out. Thanks for the advice (y)

• +1

Problem with that is that both nostrils should naturally be functioning. Nasal cycling doesn't really make much sense to me. If I have two nostrils why is it that when I cover one nostril hole and try to breathe through only the other one, I barely get air in and it feels weird? When I cover the problematic hole, the other breathes entirely normal.

I think it's a structural issue.
everyone's nasal passages cycle, but you don't subconsciously realize it so long as you don't have any structural issues

was there ever a period where u didn't have a deviated septum prior to surgery and didn't have this issue ?

• +1
everyone's nasal passages cycle, but you don't subconsciously realize it so long as you don't have any structural issues

was there ever a period where u didn't have a deviated septum prior to surgery and didn't have this issue ?
Well, to be fair I am exaggerating my issue. It's not like I actually can't breathe out of one of the nostrils, it's just the air feels a little limited. I don't really know what normal feels like. I think I had a deviated septum since I was a kid.

• +1
I have a massive bone spur / deviated septum causing constant post nasal drip

At one point it was so bad i was apparently choking on the post nasal drip while I slept causing coughing throughout the day

It feels like something is at the very back of my nose damn near 24/7 and when I try to inhale it I start choking and it doesn't do SHIT

can't get surgery for another couple of months cuz of accutane

fuark, i pussied out of the surgery last year too cuz of muh ENS syndrome scare
Brutal boyo. I suffer from chronic congestion. Underwent surgery back in March, and it got worst lel. Trying to do a recovery. It has been brutal

• Woah
Brutal boyo. I suffer from chronic congestion. Underwent surgery back in March, and it got worst lel. Trying to do a recovery. It has been brutal
how'd it get worse?

what causes ur congestion

• +1
Reactions: twojei and Latinolooksmaxxer
I had same issue an internal septum deviation but got surgery for it at 15

Brutal that I had 100% perfect nose before but after I got a small lump at the top near the forehead

My nose still mogs but it now has a minor failo :feelswhy:

• Woah
I had same issue an internal septum deviation but got surgery for it at 15

Brutal that I had 100% perfect nose before but after I got a small lump at the top near the forehead

My nose still mogs but it now has a minor failo :feelswhy:
thats why i wanna get a septorhinoplasty done by a plastic surgeon since they'll at least care about my appearance + i wanna shave my nose bridge down a bit anyway

• +1
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer
how'd it get worse?

what causes ur congestion
It seems allergies are the culprit, but the weird thing is that the chronic inflammation got worse mid2021 COVID times you know. I suffered from the occasional congestion here an other previous to that, but no thing as brutal as this. I'm really trying to not rope, and giving it my all whether it be using sprays, nasal dilators, a mouthguard to avoid night time bruxism, and already have an appointment with an ENT. BRUTAL!!!!

• +1
I thought it was normal to constantly have shit and boogers in your nose until I got rhinoplasty revision in February at the age of 40. My whole life first thing I'd do when I'd wake up is blow all kinds of crap out of my nose, pick all the dried boogers out, etc. I thought that was normal.

• Woah
I thought it was normal to constantly have shit and boogers in your nose until I got rhinoplasty revision in February at the age of 40. My whole life first thing I'd do when I'd wake up is blow all kinds of crap out of my nose, pick all the dried boogers out, etc. I thought that was normal.
i havent had a booger in years

thats why i wanna get a septorhinoplasty done by a plastic surgeon since they'll at least care about my appearance + i wanna shave my nose bridge down a bit anyway
Yeah the doctor mentioned getting a plastic surgeon to do the bridge but i said nah all good since its internal and he was like "yeah ur right wont change much"
Shouldve got the plastic surgeon too lol (would be for free since the plan covered it :feelswhy:)

• +1
is it not normal for one nostril to be much easier to breath from than the other at all times?

• +1
my deviated septum made me breath thorught my left nostril better my whole life and now i deal with bs asymmetry

• So Sad