My gf witholds affection

cutie_pie

cutie_pie

Geschsmacksverirrung
She never used to do this. Before we were married, if we argued, it was just a few hours of awkward silence and then one of us would say how much we hated this fight, how stupid it is that we're fighting, I'm sorry, I'm sorry too. I love you, I love you too.

Over the past 6 months or so, when we argue, we both then get the awkward silence, but now, it stretches into the evening. We'll be in bed, I'll go in for a good night kiss, she'll roll over. I'll say I love you, good night, she'll just turn the lamp light off in silence.

What makes this truly hurtful is she knows that when I was growing up, when I messed up, my parents would withdraw from me, and after enough time and 18, 543 " I'm sorry"'s, they'd stop withdrawing.

How do I get her to stop using this tactic?

TLDR: Wife withdraws from me after we argue

• So Sad
Reactions: Don Alejo Garza
Forgot to hold frame

• +1
Reactions: cutie_pie
I would suggest breaking up with her and getting someone who wont emotionally manipulate you. Never apologize more than once. If she doesn't accept it, just stop trying to talk and she will come back because she likes knowing you'll be crawling back every time after an argument. But tbh if you're arguing consistently like that, it's a bad sign. It might be time to find greener pastures, if you catch my drift.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Spiritualcell, Don Alejo Garza and cutie_pie
I would suggest breaking up with her and getting someone who wont emotionally manipulate you. Never apologize more than once. If she doesn't accept it, just stop trying to talk and she will come back because she likes knowing you'll be crawling back every time after an argument. But tbh if you're arguing consistently like that, it's a bad sign. It might be time to find greener pastures, if you catch my drift.
You think I should punish her?

You think I should punish her?
No don't punish. Just stop apologizing and don't be the one to initiate contact after a fight. If this is a recurring thing where she constantly holds out for a long time after an argument, it shows she's not invested. If she's not invested, you shouldn't be either. But instead of all this, I'd wonder where this will end up in the long run because it doesn't sound sustainable.

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell, Don Alejo Garza and cutie_pie
No don't punish. Just stop apologizing and don't be the one to initiate contact after a fight. If this is a recurring thing where she constantly holds out for a long time after an argument, it shows she's not invested. If she's not invested, you shouldn't be either. But instead of all this, I'd wonder where this will end up in the long run because it doesn't sound sustainable.
Good advice bro thx

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Shekel and TechnoBoss
Good advice bro thx
No problem. I know how to deal with it, because I myself would hold out on women I was dating if they even slightly pissed me off. It would get me mad knowing they didn't crawl back and it would actually make me talk to them/sometimes lash out. Be on the lookout for any kind of lashing out she might do to you when she realizes you aren't gonna crawl back and apologize after each argument. It might happen. It's definitely for the best that not one single person is always the one who apologizes. Just remember don't apologize more than once.

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell and cutie_pie
Do you ever wonder how she feels? To be in a dead end marriage with a sub 8 such as yourself? She's not doing this as a """tactic""". She is simply too disgusted by you to say she loves you.

• Love it
Reactions: cutie_pie
Do you ever wonder how she feels? To be in a dead end marriage with a sub 8 such as yourself? She's not doing this as a """tactic""". She is simply too disgusted by you to say she loves you.
She did say “rope subhuman” last night but I thought she was talking to somebody else

• +1
Reactions: apocalypse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back