My observations on China, Korea and Japan

MaghrebGator

MaghrebGator

Kraken
I like to read from time to time newspapers from the entire world and that includes those east asian countries (Chosun Ilbo from SK, Yomiuri Shimbum from Japan and People's Daily from China). These are some of my observations

1-South Korea is an american colony on all aspects and that includes the newspapers. Their media (Specifically the above mentioned newspaper which is the most read in the country) is like reading an asian version of the average US democrat newspaper (By asian i mean it uses more emotional and fancy rethoric, which can be interpreted as funny sometimes by foreigners but it actually resonates with it's people and is deeply ingrained within society).

That newspaper uses a lot of clickbait and abuses heavily fake news. The criticism and clickbait against North Korea is extreme, because for example i was reading an article that said "18 north korean soldiers deflect from Ukraine" and they basically based an entire article to something that "An Ukranian army source" told them, which is like going to Messi and ask him about the mood in the Real Madrid locker room. Also, they used similar tactics in another article titled "Trump dances for 39 minutes without saying nothing, and Harris responds: "Is this normal?"

You can clearly see that South Korea in Asia is like what Germany is in Europe, the ultimate american colony, the wet dream of the american elites. A country that fulfills their desires without any questioning from their higher ups.

2- Japan is a strange country. You can easily realize after doing some reading that it is a sterilized country, a place whose people have deeply ingrained ideals and values but that they were snatched from them, and yet there is still a small light that emanates from them out of naturally held inherited pride and honor from their warrior past.

They are another american colony, but i don't feel they are like the south korean newspapers who have pretty much lowered themselves to the level of cheap prostitution.

The Japanese seen to be very isolated and focused on their country, contrary to the Koreans who hold a constant paranoia with their northern neighbours. The vast majority of news in Japan address local issues, disputes between their local parties, and somewhat they try to avoid insults, bad mouthing, they are a bit more honest and less clickbaity in their headlines compared to SK, etc. Although they are barely concerned with what happens in the outside world they do worry a lot about the image their own citizens abroad give, like for example the most read news in the latest day was a japanese inmate (A murderer by the way) that was killed in a foreign prison and it somewhat caught the attention of the public. That somehow indirectly also showcases the low crime rates of the country and the clear lack of youth in favour of a older, more gossip based mentality, because certainly in any other place in the world that would barely make any headlines.

3- China's most read newspaper is state owned, and is basically a mouthpiece of the goverment. The first thing you realize is how idealistic and red everything is, which reminds of soviet 60s murals and has a similar kind of vibe. The most spoken subjects are local economics by far, and you can clearly see by the get go that China is advancing a lot on the monetary field with constant news at the beggining of the newspaper of economical projects, contruction of roads, development in all sorts of industries, grain harvesting, oil and gas production, etc etc etc. The country is clearly experiencing a golden era in regards to growth.

The newspaper gives way more importance to foreign matters but always touching the chinese position and speaking about the role they are playing. The don't tell you the positions of whatever foreing countries they are mediating with and so on, they just say "Such and such minister has reunited with such and has made the chinese stance clear"

They seem to have an almost sickening neutrality in regards to all the different countries (Except the US) in the world including their suppossed biggest allies, which based on what their newspapers say you wouldn't even guess they are allies. It's like they have a superiority complex somehow and they want to portray an image (Which could be true) that their "allies" depend on them and not the other way around. It doesn't seem that the alliance with Russia is a marriage, but more like a sort of affair and that it could change in the future depending on the circumstances. It's an intelligent approach because it really makes the "allies" be really worried and nervous about losing your support, so you always have the upper hand in any negotiations.

Also something you notice is that there are A LOT of news of new specific legislations in different cities and parts of the country, highlighting how gigantic it is, how different is one area from the other and how much different it's people are. And last but not least the newspaper is like watching one of those people who constantly smile, they show you everything good going on with the country (Which is a lot on the other hand), they show their people in Africa smiling with black children and so on, it's kinda like they are trying to create an image to their own people of "We are the good guys in this world". I guess that sugar coating is not necessarily bad though, especially when your country is doing good and not like what happens with egyptian media for example where the people and the country is suffering a lot but they still try to sell you that same image and it's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: TsarTsar444, Kroker, Bars and 5 others
Seems like the thread is probably going nowehere so i'm just going to tag people that might be interested

@HarrierDuBois @TsarTsar444 @Kroker @emeraldglass @enchanted_elixir @Danish_Smartass @SecularIslamist

I sincerely don't give a damn if you comment or not but at least i make sure someone might read it.

• +1
Reactions: Kroker, Bars, Tabula Rasa and 2 others
Brutal! You completely dissected their entire political system just by reading a newspaper. They've practically laid out their personality on the page, revealing their hand. Sharp thinking on your part, high IQ move.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Bars, Tabula Rasa and MaghrebGator
I like to read from time to time newspapers from the entire world and that includes those east asian countries (Chosun Ilbo from SK, Yomiuri Shimbum from Japan and People's Daily from China). These are some of my observations

1-South Korea is an american colony on all aspects and that includes the newspapers. Their media (Specifically the above mentioned newspaper which is the most read in the country) is like reading an asian version of the average US democrat newspaper (By asian i mean it uses more emotional and fancy rethoric, which can be interpreted as funny sometimes by foreigners but it actually resonates with it's people and is deeply ingrained within society).

That newspaper uses a lot of clickbait and abuses heavily fake news. The criticism and clickbait against North Korea is extreme, because for example i was reading an article that said "18 north korean soldiers deflect from Ukraine" and they basically based an entire article to something that "An Ukranian army source" told them, which is like going to Messi and ask him about the mood in the Real Madrid locker room. Also, they used similar tactics in another article titled "Trump dances for 39 minutes without saying nothing, and Harris responds: "Is this normal?"

You can clearly see that South Korea in Asia is like what Germany is in Europe, the ultimate american colony, the wet dream of the american elites. A country that fulfills their desires without any questioning from their higher ups.

2- Japan is a strange country. You can easily realize after doing some reading that it is a sterilized country, a place whose people have deeply ingrained ideals and values but that they were snatched from them, and yet there is still a small light that emanates from them out of naturally held inherited pride and honor from their warrior past.

They are another american colony, but i don't feel they are like the south korean newspapers who have pretty much lowered themselves to the level of cheap prostitution.

The Japanese seen to be very isolated and focused on their country, contrary to the Koreans who hold a constant paranoia with their northern neighbours. The vast majority of news in Japan address local issues, disputes between their local parties, and somewhat they try to avoid insults, bad mouthing, they are a bit more honest and less clickbaity in their headlines compared to SK, etc. Although they are barely concerned with what happens in the outside world they do worry a lot about the image their own citizens abroad give, like for example the most read news in the latest day was a japanese inmate (A murderer by the way) that was killed in a foreign prison and it somewhat caught the attention of the public. That somehow indirectly also showcases the low crime rates of the country and the clear lack of youth in favour of a older, more gossip based mentality, because certainly in any other place in the world that would barely make any headlines.

3- China's most read newspaper is state owned, and is basically a mouthpiece of the goverment. The first thing you realize is how idealistic and red everything is, which reminds of soviet 60s murals and has a similar kind of vibe. The most spoken subjects are local economics by far, and you can clearly see by the get go that China is advancing a lot on the monetary field with constant news at the beggining of the newspaper of economical projects, contruction of roads, development in all sorts of industries, grain harvesting, oil and gas production, etc etc etc. The country is clearly experiencing a golden era in regards to growth.

The newspaper gives way more importance to foreign matters but always touching the chinese position and speaking about the role they are playing. The don't tell you the positions of whatever foreing countries they are mediating with and so on, they just say "Such and such minister has reunited with such and has made the chinese stance clear"

They seem to have an almost sickening neutrality in regards to all the different countries (Except the US) in the world including their suppossed biggest allies, which based on what their newspapers say you wouldn't even guess they are allies. It's like they have a superiority complex somehow and they want to portray an image (Which could be true) that their "allies" depend on them and not the other way around. It doesn't seem that the alliance with Russia is a marriage, but more like a sort of affair and that it could change in the future depending on the circumstances. It's an intelligent approach because it really makes the "allies" be really worried and nervous about losing your support, so you always have the upper hand in any negotiations.

Also something you notice is that there are A LOT of news of new specific legislations in different cities and parts of the country, highlighting how gigantic it is, how different is one area from the other and how much different it's people are. And last but not least the newspaper is like watching one of those people who constantly smile, they show you everything good going on with the country (Which is a lot on the other hand), they show their people in Africa smiling with black children and so on, it's kinda like they are trying to create an image to their own people of "We are the good guys in this world". I guess that sugar coating is not necessarily bad though, especially when your country is doing good and not like what happens with egyptian media for example where the people and the country is suffering a lot but they still try to sell you that same image and it's just ridiculous.
Squishy squishy!

• Hmm...
Reactions: MaghrebGator
Brutal! You completely dissected their entire political system just by reading a newspaper. They've practically laid out their personality on the page, revealing their hand. Sharp thinking on your part, high IQ move.
Though they still all look the same facially if you ask me.

• JFL
Reactions: Donquixote, Bars and emeraldglass
Read everything (almost), we need more threads like this on off topic

• Love it
Reactions: MaghrebGator