My OCD explained

Gengar

Gengar

unattractive
Staff
I don't remember the entire process when I got diagnosed but it was just an interview. The doctor literally urged me to get help. It was that bad. I almost went in therapy for it, but I decided against it. My OCD is more like germophobia, so I just tell people I'm a germophobe. It was really bad at one point. I was not allowed to go into my room until I showered. THREE TIMES in a row. And I had to be covered in foam from the soap. If there was no foam or not enough, then it didn't count. I went through a lot of those shampoo bottles for a few years. I also wore gloves to high school and didn't touch my books or bag bare-handed. I didn't shake people's hands either. I also have intrusive thoughts and images. Sometimes really disturbing images stay in my head and it can't get out. Nowadays I can go outside and go into my room without showering, but if there's been an insect or whatever that landed on my head then I have to wash it. I also wash my hands still often a lot. And yeah, when I leave the house I often double-check or triple-check or more to see if the door's actually closed. While it's not OCD, I used to peel the skin off of my lips. A lot of bloody moments were had. Man, what a mess I was. I still am, but not as bad. I have also gotten into altercations with people and some of those turned into fights. I would just shave off all of my hair with a razor blade just so I could clean all the parts where I was touched. And often I didn't know where I was touched exactly, so I just had to wash the entire area multiple times throughout the weeks before I felt clean again. I also get rid of my clothes often if I deem them to be unclean, for instance when I go to college. Then I can't wear those clothes and sit on my couch. My backpack has to be somewhere that doesn't contaminate other things. I also don't touch myself if I'm outside. Even if I have an itch that needs to be scratched. I even don't fight back if something like that happens, as a form of damage control. I think to myself, well I've already been touched once or twice, if I get touched more I have to clean more places. And of course, all the clothes that I wore that day are also unclean. Same goes for any object I touched prior to washing my hands. It's a very frustrating thing to deal with.

• So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: twojei, The Grinch, microsoft and 6 others
Goyim Lives Matter

I'm with you brother ✊🏼

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gengar, deadstock and BrutalMogger
Only Chad's Dick

• +1
Reactions: BrutalMogger
Pakistanis features vs Indian features vs Afghan features You clearly see  the Mongoloid admixture in the Afghan face below as well - Voices of  Pakistan - Quora

• +1
Reactions: BrutalMogger
I don't remember the entire process when I got diagnosed but it was just an interview. The doctor literally urged me to get help. It was that bad. I almost went in therapy for it, but I decided against it. My OCD is more like germophobia, so I just tell people I'm a germophobe. It was really bad at one point. I was not allowed to go into my room until I showered. THREE TIMES in a row. And I had to be covered in foam from the soap. If there was no foam or not enough, then it didn't count. I went through a lot of those shampoo bottles for a few years. I also wore gloves to high school and didn't touch my books or bag bare-handed. I didn't shake people's hands either. I also have intrusive thoughts and images. Sometimes really disturbing images stay in my head and it can't get out. Nowadays I can go outside and go into my room without showering, but if there's been an insect or whatever that landed on my head then I have to wash it. I also wash my hands still often a lot. And yeah, when I leave the house I often double-check or triple-check or more to see if the door's actually closed. While it's not OCD, I used to peel the skin off of my lips. A lot of bloody moments were had. Man, what a mess I was. I still am, but not as bad. I have also gotten into altercations with people and some of those turned into fights. I would just shave off all of my hair with a razor blade just so I could clean all the parts where I was touched. And often I didn't know where I was touched exactly, so I just had to wash the entire area multiple times throughout the weeks before I felt clean again. I also get rid of my clothes often if I deem them to be unclean, for instance when I go to college. Then I can't wear those clothes and sit on my couch. My backpack has to be somewhere that doesn't contaminate other things. I also don't touch myself if I'm outside. Even if I have an itch that needs to be scratched. I even don't fight back if something like that happens, as a form of damage control. I think to myself, well I've already been touched once or twice, if I get touched more I have to clean more places. And of course, all the clothes that I wore that day are also unclean. Same goes for any object I touched prior to washing my hands. It's a very frustrating thing to deal with.
Have you gone to the psychiatrist?

• +1
Reactions: Gengar and BrutalMogger
when im leaving for work ect i always have to check everything bc i thing that i forget to stop the water,i think that i didnt close the door ,left some stove running but my is mild

• So Sad
Reactions: Gengar and perpetuallytired
testosterone will fix it. no srs. inject. im serious.

• +1
Reactions: bone0smasher and Gengar
Bhai I understand how you feel. This illness really fucks with your life.

To people who don't have it, OCD is hellish and the worst part is that you are often aware that everything you are doing is illogical /over the top but you do it anyway.

• So Sad
Reactions: Gengar
when im leaving for work ect i always have to check everything bc i thing that i forget to stop the water,i think that i didnt close the door ,left some stove running but my is mild
Mild or not. It sucks.

Bhai I understand how you feel. This illness really fucks with your life.

To people who don't have it, OCD is hellish and the worst part is that you are often aware that everything you are doing is illogical /over the top but you do it anyway.
Well said brother. And that is exactly why it's OCD. You know what you do makes no sense and yet you do it anyway because you have to, otherwise your mind won't let you rest and feel comfortable again. Have you ever watched Scrubs? There was a scene by Michael J Fox that perfectly captured how I felt and you can probably relate as well.

• +1
Reactions: perpetuallytired
Holy fuck that is a nightmare man

• So Sad
GENGAR TAKE NAC IT IS CLINICALLY PROVEN TO HELP WITH OCD AND I HAVE PEOPLE PERSONALLY TELLING ME IT HELPS THEM

N-ACETYL-CYSTEINE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TRY IT I KNOW HOW BAD OCD IS

• Love it
Don't worry....you will find a nice, cute white girl that will nurse you back to health

• JFL
GENGAR TAKE NAC IT IS CLINICALLY PROVEN TO HELP WITH OCD AND I HAVE PEOPLE PERSONALLY TELLING ME IT HELPS THEM

N-ACETYL-CYSTEINE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TRY IT I KNOW HOW BAD OCD IS
Never heard of this stuff, what is it and how does it help? Yeah, OCD is truly hell. It was at its worst in the 2010s but luckily it is not as bad anynore. And where can I get that stuff?

Never heard of this stuff, what is it and how does it help? Yeah, OCD is truly hell. It was at its worst in the 2010s but luckily it is not as bad anynore. And where can I get that stuff?
Its an amino acid supplement, non prescription so you can just buy it off amazon. I bought this one:

The supplement is very understudied but in theory it works because high glutamate has been implicated with OCD and NAC is a glutamate modulator.

It works for some people, and not so much for others. I'd say just try it and see if it helps.

"To our knowledge, there has been only one randomised clinical trial completed assessing the use of NAC in the treatment of OCD.68) This 12-week study was conducted in Iran where NAC was titrated from 600 mg/day and doubled weekly to reach a maximum dose of 2,400 mg/day (at week-3). This dose was maintained for the remaining nine weeks of the trial. Symptom severity was assessed by the Y-BOCS and Clinical Global Improvement (CGI) scales at four-week intervals. The mean age of study participants was 30.93 years (range, 23–44 years) and the cohort consisted predominantly of women (75%). The treatment group (n=20) demonstrated a significant effect over placebo (n=19) for ameliorating OCD symptoms according to the Y-BOCS. A gradual and continual decrease in symptom severity was evident from week-4, with the NAC showing significance over placebo from week-8 onwards."

- from a National Library of Medicine meta review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4423164/
Some other studies also report a benefit over placebo but others claim no difference.

• Woah
Its an amino acid supplement, non prescription so you can just buy it off amazon. I bought this one:
View attachment 3103100
The supplement is very understudied but in theory it works because high glutamate has been implicated with OCD and NAC is a glutamate modulator.

It works for some people, and not so much for others. I'd say just try it and see if it helps.

"To our knowledge, there has been only one randomised clinical trial completed assessing the use of NAC in the treatment of OCD.68) This 12-week study was conducted in Iran where NAC was titrated from 600 mg/day and doubled weekly to reach a maximum dose of 2,400 mg/day (at week-3). This dose was maintained for the remaining nine weeks of the trial. Symptom severity was assessed by the Y-BOCS and Clinical Global Improvement (CGI) scales at four-week intervals. The mean age of study participants was 30.93 years (range, 23–44 years) and the cohort consisted predominantly of women (75%). The treatment group (n=20) demonstrated a significant effect over placebo (n=19) for ameliorating OCD symptoms according to the Y-BOCS. A gradual and continual decrease in symptom severity was evident from week-4, with the NAC showing significance over placebo from week-8 onwards."

- from a National Library of Medicine meta review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4423164/
Some other studies also report a benefit over placebo but others claim no difference.
Question, are you the CEO of Organika?

you can buy another brand, i don't think this brand exists outside of canada even

• +1
you can buy another brand, i don't think this brand exists outside of canada even
I was joking bhai. But idk, I’ve never used any supplements.

• +1
Reactions: Lethbridge
I was joking bhai. But idk, I’ve never used any supplements.
I think its worth a shot. But regardless of what you choose good luck with your OCD, its a tough condition.

• +1
I think its worth a shot. But regardless of what you choose good luck with your OCD, its a tough condition.
Thanks bhai. Yeah it’s absolutely horrible.

• +1
Reactions: Lethbridge
At least you don’t have autism or shizophrenia like 90% of org userbase

• JFL
Reactions: Gengar and Darkeningstar
Incel mental illness tbh. My condolences.

• +1