My Parents are Angry at me For Not Having Any Friends

Shahnameh

Shahnameh

Silver
I tried to show them a study that says mens Loneliness is increasing and that this is becoming normal and my dad just told me to "stop making excuses" and my mother suggested i join a hobby group.

How do I explain to my Normie parents that, it isnt easy to "just make friends" especially as a 25 year old man.

Signal 2024 05 15 19 46 11 966

Sydney is an extremly Cliquey City, its one of the hardest places to make friends in the world. Its not my fault

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: isis_Bleach, try2beme, bloomercel and 7 others
:hnghn: How do you not have any friends? Are you an unlikeable person IRL?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: incel194012940, 97baHater, ey88 and 1 other person
Same my mom calls me a disappointment

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
:hnghn: How do you not have any friends? Are you an unlikeable person IRL?

Most people i met have become acquaintances at best, after university i used to try inviting my group from there and my high school group to go out but they would always make excuses, after a year and a half i just gave up. I tried to make friends at work but people here have no interest on doing activities after work they just head straight home. Meetup groups are all boomers or aspies.

Same my mom calls me a disappointment

Yeah instead of helping us they just put us down!

• +1
Reactions: isis_Bleach, bloomercel and cooldude1231
Most people i met have become acquaintances at best, after university i used to try inviting my group from there and my high school group to go out but they would always make excuses, after a year and a half i just gave up. I tried to make friends at work but people here have no interest on doing activities after work they just head straight home. Meetup groups are all boomers or aspies.
Dang. Is there any reason why they are like that, though? I can assure you it's got nothing to do with being subchad. Friendships are had when one is likeable or not, in the eyes of the people they call their friends. It's easy to make friends when you're likeable, it's hard to keep friends when you're a douche.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: isis_Bleach, incel194012940 and N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
you either change how ur behaving (loser and wasting your life not being sociable) or continue, theres so many ways to make friends. you just cant be a shut in and do whats slightly more comfortable, go get a hobby or something, do something with ur life, unless u want to have no memories other than rotting on a forum

• +1
Reactions: Klasik616
JFL at having NT parents both my parents are ND and they don't have any friends so they know what's up

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bloomercel and N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
Really_Unlikeable from lookmax.org

• +1
Reactions: psychomandible
I tried to show them a study that says mens Loneliness is increasing and that this is becoming normal and my dad just told me to "stop making excuses" and my mother suggested i join a hobby group.

How do I explain to my Normie parents that, it isnt easy to "just make friends" especially as a 25 year old man.

View attachment 3148900

Sydney is an extremly Cliquey City, its one of the hardest places to make friends in the world. Its not my fault

I can relate, hard for me to make friends, due to me not sharing much interests + social anxiety though

you either change how ur behaving (loser and wasting your life not being sociable) or continue, theres so many ways to make friends. you just cant be a shut in and do whats slightly more comfortable, go get a hobby or something, do something with ur life, unless u want to have no memories other than rotting on a forum

I can tell that you are not in the adult working world, where making new friends and building a social life from scratch is hard enough even for good looking and NT people. Even normshits on Reddit will admit that. Even news magazines and TV channels talk about that. It’s not some choice.

• +1
Reactions: JohnDoe and Shahnameh
Dang. Is there any reason why they are like that, though? I can assure you it's got nothing to do with being subchad. Friendships are had when one is likeable or not, in the eyes of the people they call their friends. It's easy to make friends when you're likeable, it's hard to keep friends when you're a douche.

Ok a bit of backstory, I was a shy nerdy Kid early on and so were my friends in school. We talked about Anime and video games during our time at schoo, at 14 i wanted to change and find a new group. My nerd friend group were too shy to ever go out anywhwre they would rather just play games online with me so i knew i had to leave to grow.

For the next 4 years i tried hard to be a people pleaser and somehow join a more popular extroverted group but nothing really ever worked out.

In University i tried the same thing but everyone already had rheir establiahed sociak circles from highschool and since most universities in Australia are like commuter colleges nobody lives on campus. We all commute so the uni is dead after class.

Basically people in school and uni were happy to hang out during school but would never want to hang out after or during weekends.

Basically everyone would be like "we already have friends".

Believe me bro ive been trying a lot, i tried meetups but they meet like once a fortnight if im lucky or once a month its not enough to establish a group. Nobody has any interest in hanging out outside of the activity.

Ive tried sports,hiking,painting,photography,rock climbing and even an anime group.

I can tell that you are not in the adult working world, where making new friends and building a social life from scratch is hard enough even for good looking and NT people. Even normshits on Reddit will admit that. Even news magazines and TV channels talk about that. It’s not some choice.

Finally someone who understands me, my parents also seriously think i CHOOSE to be alone.

• +1
Reactions: Gengar and Whatever
Ok a bit of backstory, I was a shy nerdy Kid early on and so were my friends in school. We talked about Anime and video games during our time at schoo, at 14 i wanted to change and find a new group. My nerd friend group were too shy to ever go out anywhwre they would rather just play games online with me so i knew i had to leave to grow.

For the next 4 years i tried hard to be a people pleaser and somehow join a more popular extroverted group but nothing really ever worked out.

In University i tried the same thing but everyone already had rheir establiahed sociak circles from highschool and since most universities in Australia are like commuter colleges nobody lives on campus. We all commute so the uni is dead after class.

Basically people in school and uni were happy to hang out during school but would never want to hang out after or during weekends.

Believe me bro ive been trying a lot, i tried meetups but they meet like once a fortnight if im lucky or once a month its not enough to establish a group. Nobody has any interest in hanging out outside of the activity.

Ive tried sports,hiking,painting,photography,rock climbing and even an anime group.

Finally someone who understands me, my parents also seriously think i CHOOSE to be alone.
Damn, that sucks. Australian college sounds a lot like Dutch college. There are no dormitories or anything. We just go straight to the building and then back. The only place that has a campus is the university in the city but they don't have any dormitories either.

• So Sad
Reactions: Shahnameh

Damn, that sucks. Australian college sounds a lot like Dutch college. There are no dormitories or anything. We just go straight to the building and then back. The only place that has a campus is the university in the city but they don't have any dormitories either.
Question to yall older people ig 20s or 30s do yall think if u were bullied from middle school gained frame, height learned how to fight etc at high school

so ig people dont pick on me but certainly dont think im alike them

do yall think it gets easier making friends? realistically at 17

• +1
Reactions: Gengar

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
:forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

• JFL
Reactions: truthhurts
I am tho

Same, brocel.
People just ask me what I do and shit... I just say "nothing"... They just stare me like I'm some sort of retarded person. It's NOT normal for young people to just waste their prime. It's like being a secular monk. Doesn't even make sanse... Normies just don't get it. The problem is that it makes way harder to get out of this situation because the older you get the more your new friends tend to be from friends in common.

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho, Shahnameh and Klasik616
Question to yall older people ig 20s or 30s do yall think if u were bullied from middle school gained frame, height learned how to fight etc at high school

You will never make friends ahahahaha

Don't laugh i actually used to do this so my parents wouldnt worry
Hiding in to the forest until 2 am so your parents think you’re having fun outside? Look, instead of hiding in the forest, go and hide in a bar or at least a cinema where other humans are. You are not Snow White to chill with birds and squirrels in the forest

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: nofap and Shahnameh

Yeah I guess that can happen, they will respect you at least.

• +1
Reactions: Youthpill
Its unironically their fault for making you non nt or low self esteem or bad genetics

Don't laugh i actually used to do this so my parents wouldnt worry
I did this too I stayed on my phone till I ran out of battery at 3 am :lul:

• +1
Reactions: Shahnameh and isis_Bleach