My parents are hypercritical on everything I do

Deleted member 13994

Deleted member 13994

Kraken
- Whenever I do something myself they criticize and laugh at me and tell me why it's wrong

- I literally rely on them for so much because they complain when I do stuff myself or don't "speak to them" about it

- If I wanted to get a new hairstyle they would laugh and ask me a bunch of questions and wonder my motive

- Everything i do has some type of criticism to it

- I'm literally a mentalcel because of them

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Lasko123, Deleted member 14543, Deleted member 275 and 1 other person
Critical Damage.

• JFL
Reactions: Lasko123, Deleted member 13318 and Deleted member 11053
I had similar tbh. Helicopter narc mom interfering in my life in every aspect. It's terrible for ur mental development.

Get out of there

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lmao, Deleted member 13318, Deleted member 14854 and 1 other person
I had similar tbh. Helicopter narc mom interfering in my life in every aspect. It's terrible for ur mental development.

Get out of there
thanks for advice. Have you recovered ?

No, but I was 22yo when I left. Maybe ur younger than me.

Maybe it takes more time, I am 25yo now.
i am in late teens i might move out next year for College

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275
This is why people turn aspie af tbh

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, Deleted member 13994 and Deleted member 275
It's what I noticed with more NT friends, and also with my NT girlfriend, is that their parents are quite aloof. They let their kids do their own thing mostly.

While with more aspie friends, their parents are always more involved in their life, especially moms of non-NT friends that I have.

Interfering with things like which hairstyle they should get, which clothes they should wear, what hobbies they should have, who they should hangout with, etc. Micromanaging their son's life.

• +1
Reactions: Lmao
It's what I noticed with more NT friends, and also with my NT girlfriend, is that their parents are quite aloof. They let their kids do their own thing mostly.

While with more aspie friends, their parents are always more involved in their life, especially moms of non-NT friends that I have.

Interfering with things like which hairstyle they should get, which clothes they should wear, what hobbies they should have, who they should hangout with, etc. Micromanaging their son's life.
Not only that but the things that got to me the most were this plus the teasing and questioning like I’m some sort of retard

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275
yes its like two extremes my dad isnt nt but he criticizes me and my mom is super nt and then theres me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14323
Just don't listen to them. Show some character, and stop giving a fuck about their opinion. The worst thing they can do is to kick you, so I would prepare for that beforehand

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13994