My personal experience with acne (2 year transformation)

E

Elixir

Iron
From personal experience:

A few years ago when I was 13 years old I began noticing small bumps appearing all over my face. The bumps were really small and not outstanding in any way. They didn't hurt or feel particularly weird. They just added a rough texture to my skin. Fast forward some months later, the bumps had grown bigger and appeared in greater amounts on my face. Some were getting inflamed and contained a yellow-like substance known as pus. At this point, the bumps began itching and feeling unpleasant. I couldn't handle how it looked on my face so I began trying to cure it. On first instinct, I began washing my face, morning and evening every day with a cleanser. This didn't do anything as the acne came from the inside which I didn't know at the time. After months of cleansing my face, I realized that I needed medical care to fix my problem. I tried epiduo but it didn't work. (I used it without any moisturizer, my skin was a burning dessert). I began searching on the internet, reaching out to a dermatologist who gave me some antibiotics of some sort. (I don't remember what they were called). After taking the medication for some weeks, and not being allowed to drink dairy products in the meanwhile, my acne disappeared. The bumps and everything decreased but I still felt that something was wrong with my skin. After a successful treatment (at least I thought so), I stopped taking the antibiotics. Some days later, the bumps started appearing bigger. The acne reappeared greater. My last chance was accutane. I think I took 20mg a day, the 40mg a day after the first 2 weeks. I didn't feel any side effects other than dry skin. After the purging stage, the bumps began shrinking, leaving me with quite a scarred face. (I didn't touch the acne or itched but it still scarred). I had some hyperpigmentation left after 4-5 months of taking the medication but my skin felt so smooth. It was so weird. My skin felt more elastic than ever before, minimizing fat on my face. My bones appeared more prominent, my nose became smaller, and my lips went back to normal after getting huge on the treatment. I ascended with 1-2 PSL just because of the cure. Good to point out that I was required to take a blood test every month. My liver took quite a big punch in the first weeks but then got back to normal. Fast forwarding one year and some months after my acne had been gone, I still experienced dryness in my face and scalp. I can't produce any oil on my face or scalp. My scalp is dry 24/7 and I need to use a moisturizer morning and evening. But it was 100% worth it and I don't regret it one bit.

I probably missed out on some points but these were the most important things.

• +1
Reactions: verlooksen