My social life ended at 17 yo

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
My social life ended at 17 yo (22, almost 23 now).
First I lost my only girlfriend (or broke up with her cuz she made out with someone else), then realized I had lost a ton of friends and people I used to hang out with due to wasting my time with just her and neglecting everything/everyone else in my life. The very same year, my best friend also broke with me. Another friend I had known for nine years betrayed me (spent my money and ghosted me then). I lost everybody except from parents and half siblings over the course of half a year.

My only cope was the gym, lifting weights and getting fat. I wasted my time chasing PRs, doing powerlifting and eating 5000 kcal a day. It took me getting very sick (almost dead) and blackpilled to hell when I stopped and realized I was just coping and destroying myself. Suffered many health problems, severe depression and social anxiety. Been houseless and unemployed for years, living under shitty conditions.
Never made any new real friends (let alone female contacts) since, at best met ppl who only used me to their own benefit without actually caring about me and who would turn against or ghost me eventually.

I spent my last five birthdays rotting alone with nobody congratulating me except my parents. No facebook messages for years, not even using it anymore.
My best efforts to escape social or sexual isolation have failed with no exception so I gave up on trying a very long time ago and learned to accept it. I got used to it. This is my life now, rotting away my supposedly "best years". I got numb inside, no sadness, frustration or anger anymore, these emotions just burned off over time. So here I am, writing this because I have nothing better to do.

The end

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Peachy, Deleted member 2745, Deleted member 2621 and 10 others
Sorry to hear man. My social life ended at 12. Some of my best memories are of the times I went to parties and hung out with a big group of friends in elementary school. I can't imagine how awesome life has been for all those people who kept experiencing that from 12 to now.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Truecel14, Bewusst and Deleted member 3043
Sorry to hear man. My social life ended at 12. Some of my best memories are of the times I went to parties and hung out with a big group of friends in elementary school. I can't imagine how awesome life has been for all those people who kept experiencing that from 12 to now.
How old are u now?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
social life is competely useless if you don't have the 2 features in my signature

• +1
  • WTF
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2756, Dicklet.4.3, CarlSagan96 and 8 others
I've never even had a social life

• +1
Reactions: Butthurt Dweller
Why not try making new friends

i'm sorry to tell u this bros, but life is a :
WHORE

• +1
Reactions: Butthurt Dweller
if you arent rich or goodlooking being alive is a waste of time

its no coincidence most people on the internet are so despondent, you cant even get a looksmatched gf to ease the pain for you

• +1
Reactions: CopingCel
You lived the childhood @SHARK wish to have and it turned out to be as miserable as I expected. Seen this many times.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Dn read. But life happens

Sad shit, man.

Mine ended around 22 when my then best buddy quitted university. Before I didn’t have much social life to brag about either but I always had 2-3 close friends with whom I could talk about everything

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and Bewusst
mine ended at 18

You are/was part of the metal scene or sth. like this? Just curious.

You are/was part of the metal scene or sth. like this? Just curious.
No. Why? Because of my long hair? I must admit that I liked listening to metal music though.
if you arent rich or goodlooking being alive is a waste of time

its no coincidence most people on the internet are so despondent, you cant even get a looksmatched gf to ease the pain for you
Being average would be fine too imo.

now that is very disappointing to hear.

i ended my own social circle at age 18 (now im 20)

they were all gamercels and i wanted to be diffrent, so i ditched them

not sure if it was a good idea

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2756
Mine never even fucking began

• +1
Reactions: chadpreetcel123
No. Why? Because of my long hair? I must admit that I liked listening to metal music though.
Yeah, i put you in that category.
22 is very young mate, keep calm

Mine ended when i was born.

• So Sad
Reactions: CopingCel
my social life never even began

• +1
Reactions: chadpreetcel123
Sad story, but you gave up so.

Yeah, i put you in that category.
22 is very young mate, keep calm
That proves again how much the way we look influences how others see and judge us. The blackpill is real and doesn't just apply to the opposite sex but to everyone.
i ended my own social circle at age 18 (now im 20)

they were all gamercels and i wanted to be diffrent, so i ditched them

not sure if it was a good idea
Do you have a new social circle now?

Any more details? Sounds like an extremely shitty thing to do to someone.
He was supposed to lock away money for me so I can't spend it but apparently he spent it on drugs and started dealing. I trusted him so I don't blame him. Trust always comes with a risk. I got the money back after a year though.

My social life ended at 17 yo (22, almost 23 now).
First I lost my only girlfriend (or broke up with her cuz she made out with someone else), then realized I had lost a ton of friends and people I used to hang out with due to wasting my time with just her and neglecting everything/everyone else in my life. The very same year, my best friend also broke with me. Another friend I had known for nine years betrayed me (spent my money and ghosted me then). I lost everybody except from parents and half siblings over the course of half a year.

My only cope was the gym, lifting weights and getting fat. I wasted my time chasing PRs, doing powerlifting and eating 5000 kcal a day. It took me getting very sick (almost dead) and blackpilled to hell when I stopped and realized I was just coping and destroying myself. Suffered many health problems, severe depression and social anxiety. Been houseless and unemployed for years, living under shitty conditions.
Never made any new real friends (let alone female contacts) since, at best met ppl who only used me to their own benefit without actually caring about me and who would turn against or ghost me eventually.

I spent my last five birthdays rotting alone with nobody congratulating me except my parents. No facebook messages for years, not even using it anymore.
My best efforts to escape social or sexual isolation have failed with no exception so I gave up on trying a very long time ago and learned to accept it. I got used to it. This is my life now, rotting away my supposedly "best years". I got numb inside, no sadness, frustration or anger anymore, these emotions just burned off over time. So here I am, writing this because I have nothing better to do.

The end
I believe in you. Get back on your feet, step by step

That proves again how much the way we look influences how others see and judge us. The blackpill is real and doesn't just apply to the opposite sex but to everyone.
Looks are the first impression, always and ever. You will get put in a category (I don't speak about PSL rating) and it's not easy to leave this category.
But seriously sometimes I think parts of our looks are a reflection of our soul and character, especially the eyes.

• +1

• JFL
Reactions: Peachy
I believe in you. Get back on your feet, step by step
What do you suggest? As I said any attempts of change regarding my (non-existent) social life have failed.

Mine either ended at 14 or 18 depending on how you look at it. What really killed it was moving from EE to the US. Friendship does not exist here at all and it applies to every American.

• +1
What do you suggest? As I said any attempts of change regarding my (non-existent) social life have failed.
Student? Working? Income? There are tons of options for a 22 year old, obviously educated, guy from Germany.

Student? Working? Income? There are tons of options for a 22 year old, obviously educated, guy from Germany.
Those matter too but this thread is about social life.

Those matter too but this thread is about social life.
Yeah but it's important for the overall assessment.
You could learn a new language for example and participate in language meetups. I met tons of people while learning spanish.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621 and Bewusst
Same for me, at age 12 or 13, which is when I first started developing mental problems that would haunt me for the rest of my teenage years. Whereas at age 11 and 12 I was social and most kids in my class liked me, by the time I was 14 at the end of my 8th year I was already ostracized and only had one friend in my entire class.

Mine either ended at 14 or 18 depending on how you look at it. What really killed it was moving from EE to the US. Friendship does not exist here at all and it applies to every American.
Wouldn't have thought that, I always thought Americans were way more open-minded, especially compared to Germany where I live. In which state do you live?

Wouldn't have thought that, I always thought Americans were way more open-minded, especially compared to Germany where I live. In which state do you live?
I live in the deep South where people drive pick up trucks and there's lots of black people around.

The truth is that Americans are only happy on the surface, but inside they're all miserable because they realize it's a free-for-all game. They will take every single opportunity for personal gain even if that means they have to stab their "best friend" in the back. Looks theory doesn't even apply to this because all they care about is themselves.

Best friendships can be made in Eastern Europe. I can't tell anything about Asia, but I bet it's similar to EE over there, but I could be wrong. Then the second place is Western Europe where it's a mix of EE and America. The last and worst place is the US where it's a total free-for-all even if it doesn't look like that on the surface.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: streege and Bewusst
I live in the deep South where people drive pick up trucks and there's lots of black people around.

The truth is that Americans are only happy on the surface, but inside they're all miserable because they realize it's a free-for-all game. They will take every single opportunity for personal gain even if that means they have to stab their "best friend" in the back. Looks theory doesn't even apply to this because all they care about is themselves.

Best friendships can be made in Eastern Europe. I can't tell anything about Asia, but I bet it's similar to EE over there, but I could be wrong. Then the second place is Western Europe where it's a mix of EE and America. The last and worst place is the US where it's a total free-for-all even if it doesn't look like that on the surface.
Thx for the insight. I still don't believe in such generalizations tbh cuz there are assholes in every country and - as a small minority - not so big assholes too. The main differences are probably culture-, media- and resource-related.

not a reason

Tbh for social skills the old RSD has helped me, not the new esoteric BS. Then start some normal hobbies, maybe team sports like basketball,meat new people at cooking classes, the gym, pick up other hobbies... Get a job where you dont have to work that hard or one where you have the chances to ascend jobwise. Make some friends, go out in nightclubs, loser high inhib, and first of all watch standup you find funny until you can just release your tensions and laugh at any joke. Then its try and error. You got a long road in front of you, good luck. Looksmaxing is only part of the equation

• +1

Do you have a new social circle now?
no i only have couple of friends but im not included in most of their stuff

• +1
Yeah but it's important for the overall assessment.
You could learn a new language for example and participate in language meetups. I met tons of people while learning spanish.
Kids, wir sind fast alle deutsch in dem Thread. @Bewusst ich glaub an dich. Ich denke du hast die Disziplin um den Scheiß hinzukriegen.

• Love it