my squat is awful lol

Matthias of Hungary

Matthias of Hungary

Silver
I can do 60 kg squat for 8 reps at max while i can shoulder press 30 kg dumbbells for 3x8 . my lower back is fucked as well which does not help lol

Squat matters very little tbh, if you want big quads, do hack squat and leg press, those have a much lower injury risk and they're easier to perform and also allow you to go much closer to failure or even to failure, and then you get more gains.

But ultimately, upper body matters a lot more. 26 inch legs are possible but why would you even want that? You're better off with 18 inch arms, a 50 inch chest, and 22-23 inch legs, just to look balanced.

Also, don't neglect the lats, traps, upper back and shoulders. I built my lats with yates rows, I built my traps, upper back, hamstrings and glutes with romanian deadlifts, and my chest with bench press (recently trying flyes, helps a lot), built my shoulders with overhead press but grew my side delts with lateral raises.

But the one muscle group I neglected for many years because of bad novice programs like stronglifts is the triceps. My biceps are almost twice as strong as my triceps and I'm just now playing catch-up. But my arms are growing at a rate of like 1/8 of an inch every 1-2 weeks, which is really good. Most guys would be lucky to gain that in 6 months on their shitty powerlifting programs.

What fixed my arm plateau is doing very high volume with 15 weekly sets for triceps and biceps spread across 3 days with 2 days of rest in between.

I do:

Upper (triceps, biceps, shoulders, chest)
Lower (romanian deadlift, bulgarian split squat, neck curls, sit-ups)
Rest
Upper (triceps, biceps, shoulders, chest)
Lower (romanian deadlift, bulgarian split squat, neck curls, sit-ups)
Arms (triceps, biceps)
Rest

repeat...