My stretching experience

Sir Galachad

Sir Galachad

Untermensch
For 2 weeks I have been doing a 5 minute stretch routine every morning:
- chin tucks
- various hip and leg muscle stretches
- cat/cow stretch for back
And other types of stretches if I felt like an area needed more work.

What I experienced:
My posture improved significantly, making my neck longer. I appear more "elegant" that way. Didn't even know how long it was until I did the chin tucks. Now I need to get bigger shoulders to equalize my ratios. My chest has also been pushed forward.
I have not measured height yet, will do that tomorrow. I certainly feel taller, healthier, and more confident.

Even without a height gain I'm happy. Considering how little time I spend stretching each day, it's more than worth it.

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper, CT03, midlatinocel and 2 others
great post

gonna add cat/cow stretch, what leg stretches do you do?

Can dead hangs replace cat/cow stretch?

• +1
Reactions: Sir Galachad
Can dead hangs replace cat/cow stretch?
I even think they are better than cat/cow stretches because they stretch the whole spine. I don't have easy access to a hanging bar so I only do them sometimes.

great post

gonna add cat/cow stretch, what leg stretches do you do?
Hip Flexor Exercises to Strengthen and StretchHip Flexor Exercises to Strengthen and Stretch

and

7 Easy Stretches to Counteract Sitting All Day | optimalsportspt7 Easy Stretches to Counteract Sitting All Day | optimalsportspt
I push the legs down in the last one. This has greatly helped me with tensions in the upper leg that happen sometimes when I walk in (elevator) shoes.

last stretch is I stand and bring my foot to my back while trying to balance on the other one.