My testosterone results

TheLookInYourEyes

TheLookInYourEyes

Chairman of the Looksmax Emma Roberts fanclub
@ShawarmaFilth
IMG 3565

Not sure if my results could have been altered, because I was fasting for 24 hours instead of 12-14, and I had already been awake for 4-5 hours when taking the test, and I’ve read that it is highest when you just wake up.

I don’t think my free test looks too low despite a long term low carb diet, really about in the middle of the range.

The rest of my bloodwork seemed fairly typical, good fasting blood glucose, normal metabolic panel.

A few things did stand out, those being low serum sodium and elevated ldl and hdl cholesterol, but I kind of expected that since I often eat near 200 grams of fat some days and don’t eat salt.

I’m not entirely sure I should be worried about the ldl, though the standard medical opinion seems to be that I should worry.

I think this is in line with what I expected.

Also @highschoolmaxxer , you guessed closest to my actual results, I will rep you for that

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, 5'7 zoomer, N1666 and 2 others
fag

• Woah
Reactions: TheLookInYourEyes
Lipid panel if anyone is interested
Should I be very concerned about this?

IMG 3566

@ShawarmaFilth
View attachment 3112819

Not sure if my results could have been altered, because I was fasting for 24 hours instead of 12-14, and I had already been awake for 4-5 hours when taking the test, and I’ve read that it is highest when you just wake up.

I don’t think my free test looks too low despite a long term low carb diet, really about in the middle of the range.

The rest of my bloodwork seemed fairly typical, good fasting blood glucose, normal metabolic panel.

A few things did stand out, those being low serum sodium and elevated ldl and hdl cholesterol, but I kind of expected that since I often eat near 200 grams of fat some days and don’t eat salt.

I’m not entirely sure I should be worried about the ldl, though the standard medical opinion seems to be that I should worry.

Also @highschoolmaxxer , you guessed closest to my actual results, I will rep you for that
Y dont u eat salt

• +1
@ShawarmaFilth
View attachment 3112819

also ur free test woulda been 30% higher but tbh ur not even fully keto

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|
  • +1
also ur free test woulda been 30% higher but tbh ur not even fully keto
I don’t know if milk is even enough to remove me from ketosis due to my lactose non-persistence. I’ve tested my blood sugar after consuming milk, and I don’t even see a small spike. I also never eat above 50 grams of carbs including lactose, and assuming a similar percent of digestion to the average for those with LNP, I likely digest 30% or less of those carbohydrates iirc.

I am wondering however if long term low carb has caused adaptations that keep me out of ketosis even when low carb though, from increased gluconeogenesis. I typically have a blood sugar of 80mg/dl whether I eat or not.

@ShawarmaFilth
View attachment 3112819

How old are you?

• +1
i mean i’m pretty sure all meat except for fish raise ldl so 🤷‍♂️
It’s primarily the saturated fat that would raise it. Goat is fairly low in saturated fat, and lean beef would similarly decrease the total load.

Y dont u eat salt
Primarily because of sv3rige and aajonus vonderplanitz. I doubt that consuming table salt causes much if any harm realistically, but it’s hard to re-incorporate stuff once I develop an aversion to it like that.

750 is not bad tbh, most men these days are like between 300-600.

• +1
Primarily because of sv3rige and aajonus vonderplanitz. I doubt that consuming table salt causes much if any harm realistically, but it’s hard to re-incorporate stuff once I develop an aversion to it like that.
whats their reasoning

Someone has been eating too much saturated fats :feelsgiga:

• JFL
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
  • +1
At least you've gotten your micro-nutrients in for sure with all that meat
I usually have most things pretty solid actually yeah. Some things I don’t get the daily RDA of, like folate for example, but I think the high B12 can help, and also I tend to eat liver occasionally which has really high folate and folate has a long half life in the body

• +1
Reactions: N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
they say the sodium causes small explosions and kills brain tissue

I don’t think that is the case exactly
Where did they pull ts out from 😭 do they atleast show studies

• +1
Did you workout in the past 2 days of taking the test? Did you have a good night's sleep? Did you take creatine?
There's just too much variables with test. Testosterone varies wildly throughout the day.

You need to lower your free test, it should be in 2-5% range of total test. Too much free test implies that it is not being used by your body properly and may lead to balding in the future.
I didn’t work out

that day I woke up at 3AM because I couldn’t sleep, but I already rescheduled the test like 3 times due to sleep so I just went with it. Test was at 8:40 AM

I am slightly balding now though yer

I need to lose some fat tbh, I think that should raise
my SHBG

• +1
Reactions: ShawarmaFilth
So its complete made up bro sciencs
Reckon that’s possible. Still I don’t like eating salt tbh, would rather eat some oysters if I need something salty.

• +1
  • +1
Also I should mention that it’s quite possible I’m deficient in vitamin D. I’m half black and I avoid the sun very aggressively. Even now sitting inside typing this, I have on long sleeves, jeans, and sunscreen covering my hands and face. I pretty much exclusively get vitamin D from eggs, liver, and fish when I eat it.

• +1
Your LDL will soon be higher than your testosterone :feelshah:

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ShawarmaFilth and TheLookInYourEyes
Also I should mention that it’s quite possible I’m deficient in vitamin D. I’m half black and I avoid the sun very aggressively. Even now sitting inside typing this, I have on long sleeves, jeans, and sunscreen covering my hands and face. I pretty much exclusively get vitamin D from eggs, liver, and fish when I eat it.
Just supplement it

• +1
why all that over the sun tho 😭

• +1
I cant eat raw meat without salt
I don’t think it’s even that bad to put on there. I like plain raw meat, but I think after eating this way for so long my sensitivity to tastes has change. Milk for example tastes incredibly sweet to me now, like chocolate almost.

• +1
I don’t think it’s even that bad to put on there. I like plain raw meat, but I think after eating this way for so long my sensitivity to tastes has change. Milk for example tastes incredibly sweet to me now, like chocolate almost.
u should have a tiny bite of a date to see what happens

how long have u been eating line this

• +1
  • +1
  • +1
I wanna get into eatinf raw fish but i’m terrified of the parasites do u eay raw fish?
When I eat fish it is raw yes. I don’t fish that often though, I greatly prefer red meat.

Did you workout in the past 2 days of taking the test? Did you have a good night's sleep? Did you take creatine?
There's just too much variables with test. Testosterone varies wildly throughout the day.

You need to lower your free test, it should be in 2-5% range of total test. Too much free test implies that it is not being used by your body properly and may lead to balding in the future.
hmmmm maybe u should go full keto then? @TheLookInYourEyes

Instead of milk just eat parmasiano regiano

hmmmm maybe u should go full keto then? @TheLookInYourEyes

Instead of milk just eat parmasiano regiano
I have a strong aversion to parmigiano reggiano because they heat it quite a but despite it being labeled as a raw cheese. I could make my own cheese however.

I see little reason why the 20 or so grams of carbs I may get in a day would kick me out of being fat adapted though.I genuinely think that my body is just very much adapted to being on a diet with a low carbohydrate intake. I have read that the inuits for example are never in ketosis despite their low carbohydrate diet, and I suspect something similar has happened in me since I have eaten this way for so long.

• +1
  • +1
i mean they dont heat it enough for it to be pasterized so why worry?

how can u make ur own parmagiano?
Cause they heat it enough to destroy the nutrients in it and glycate the proteins

I wouldn’t make my own parmigiano, but you can make kefir cheeses if you want a soft cheese(separating the curds after fermenting), or use a cheese press/similar device to make some kind of hard cheese.
It wouldn’t be parmigiano because they only real way to make that is to follow that specific procedure, control the bacteria, etc

Cause they heat it enough to destroy the nutrients in it and glycate the proteins
ughhh i needa find a high calcium store bought cheap cheese parmasian was doing so good

• Woah
ughhh i needa find a high calcium store bought cheap cheese parmasian was doing so good
it’s probably fine for calcium still tbh I just get worked up about this stuff

• +1
Relax, your testosterone levels are above average.

Relax, your testosterone levels are above average.
It would be 90th percentile, I never said it was low. The only reason I got this test was to establish a baseline before using finasteride.

Also @ShawarmaFilth I am pretty sure I made my ldl cholesterol higher than it might have been. Fasting for too long apparently can boost ldl pretty significantly, and I had been fasting for about 24 hours prior to the test.