My thoughts on why Dropshipping Is Unprofitable

PubertyMaxxer

PubertyMaxxer

Face, Height, Frame, Dick
As a fan of the Book " Competition Demystified" and its concepts its not surprising at all to me why the overwhelming majority of Dropshippers lose money.

If you create a general store selling trendy or viral products you basically just hope to become profitable by impulse purchases.

Your not alone. Dropshipping is such a mainstream get rich quick scheme that i even see it on dating apps and even met three people IRL (keep in mind i live in a small village) that were observing it.

People nowadays simply don't impulse purchase as much. Everyone knows that such Ads sell overpriced stuff and that the same product is just 2 clicks away for a fraction of the price.

But muh Branded One product Stores or sales funnels ... :soy:

Branding is not a competitive advantage in any way. Anyone that's a bit creative can create a Brand and its not building a Barrier to entry.

If any activity is highly profitable other people will stop what they're currently doing to pursue that activity. More supply of that activity, in comparison to same demand, will necessarily eat up the profits and make it unprofitable.

But muh E-commerce is the future, look at Amazon, Alibaba... :soy:

Amazon has a competitive advantage. A barrier to entry. Its not really in the classic Ecommerce, its in the Platform Network business. Each new user, seller and buyer, increases the value of amazons platforms network by increasing the supply and demand of products .

Its true that Amazon started with Dropshipping physical books but that was in the 1990's when Dropshipping was unsaturated as fuck and they started registration buyers already then. Additionally, books are probably the best possible category one could have chosen to start out back then since people would buy come back to that same platform they signed up for when buying their first book. Not the case with any other product like Toys or gadgets which are typical Dropshipping products.

Amazons business model is more similar to Facebooks than to any regular online shop. Both are Networks that increase their value with each new user, fueled by AI & algorithms.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: incel194012940, Deleted member 17829, Deleted member 6128 and 1 other person
TLDR; saturated market

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Turanid_Bull, Adamsmith12345 and 9 others
This is a major cope. There's no such thing as a "saturated market". Dropshipping is just a low af barrier of entry so any schmuck can watch 1 video and setup a shitty store in a few hours. That's why there's so many retards who spew "muh dropshipping doesn't work anymore brah".

In reality, those guys have no business experience and launch a store without a target market or any research done. People succeed with dropshipping all the time, it just isn't a copy and paste business like influencers make it out to be.

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 14392, ballskin and 7 others
It works well if you have an audience already built

What are some unsaturated industries?

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane, FrameMogger, Deleted member 6128 and 1 other person
It works well if you have an audience already built
Yeah because the advertising cost cancels out of the equation which eats up most Dropshippers margins. But let's be honest who has an audience already.

Niche instagram pages? Ask yourself if anyone follows those, most young people only follow their favorite Tiktok chads/stacies and IRL friends.

This is a major cope. There's no such thing as a "saturated market". Dropshipping is just a low af barrier of entry so any schmuck can watch 1 video and setup a shitty store in a few hours. That's why there's so many retards who spew "muh dropshipping doesn't work anymore brah".

In reality, those guys have no business experience and launch a store without a target market or any research done. People succeed with dropshipping all the time, it just isn't a copy and paste business like influencers make it out to be.
its just economies of scale. you need to be big to make big profits.

Yeah because the advertising cost cancels out of the equation which eats up most Dropshippers margins. But let's be honest who has an audience already.

Niche instagram pages? Ask yourself if anyone follows those, most young people only follow their favorite Tiktok chads/stacies and IRL friends.
That’s a fat lie even I follow certain theme pages and I’m like 17

Dropshipping is so 2013.

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Xangsane, FrameMogger and 7 others
TLDR; saturated market
but i think you can still benefit from that. like selling shovels in gold rush.

sell websites or sell dropshipping courses

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
but i think you can still benefit from that. like selling shovels in gold rush.

sell websites or sell dropshipping courses
Selling shovels is how most people got rich. The shopify founder is already a billionaire.

Facebook is always earning their money for borrowing their audience, independent of the Dropshipper making a profit or not.

I personally lost a lot of money with unprofitable ads. Overall Dropshipping was a major failure despite me following the best tips.

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and Deleted member 6128
Selling shovels is how most people got rich. The shopify founder is already a billionaire.

Facebook is always earning their money for borrowing their audience, independent of the Dropshipper making a profit or not.

I personally lost a lot of money with unprofitable ads. Overall Dropshipping was a major failure despite me following the best tips.
jfl if you fell for this meme :forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

same goes for binance, retards lose their life savings but binance still takes their faty profit

marketplace business model literally mogs.

just benefit from economics of scale, grow expotentially, become a monopoly, enforce your own laws, take your comission.
its literally that easy on paper.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, Deleted member 6128, Deleted member 7725 and 1 other person
jfl if you fell for this meme :forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

same goes for binance, retards lose their life savings but binance still takes their faty profit

marketplace business model literally mogs.

just benefit from economics of scale, grow expotentially, become a monopoly, enforce your own laws, take your comission.
its literally that easy on paper.
I was 15 and dumb. I experimented with so much. Fat reduction products, that obviously don't work, home improvement, cosmetics, gadgets, clothing, etc even with conversion-optimized sales funnels where i spent days copywriting. With some products i got continuous sales but at break-even max. My CPP was always near or equal the products profit margin so that with all other costs i lost money each week.

• So Sad
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
I was 15 and dumb. I experimented with so much. Fat reduction products, that obviously don't work, home improvement, cosmetics, gadgets, clothing, etc even with conversion-optimized sales funnels where i spent days copywriting. With some products i got continuous sales but at break-even max. My CPP was always near or equal the products profit margin so that with all other costs i lost money each week.
been in the same boat but i could never take action because i was broke.

• +1

Yes there is such a thing. Look at how much Dropshippers sell the exact same product.

I personally did extensive research and still lost.

Yes there is such a thing. Look at how much Dropshippers sell the exact same product.

I personally did extensive research and still lost.
Because you're a low IQ retard who has no sense for business. I guarantee your market, product, website, ad sets, and funnel were complete and utter dogshit.

• JFL
Because you're a low IQ retard who has no sense for business. I guarantee your market, product, website, ad sets, and funnel were complete and utter dogshit.
My products were proven winning products with a specific target group. My website and ads were crafted to perfect and frequently rated as perfect by gurus.

Just accept that Dropshipping, even branded, is an utter dogshit business model.

As a fan of the Book " Competition Demystified" and its concepts its not surprising at all to me why the overwhelming majority of Dropshippers lose money.

If you create a general store selling trendy or viral products you basically just hope to become profitable by impulse purchases.

Your not alone. Dropshipping is such a mainstream get rich quick scheme that i even see it on dating apps and even met three people IRL (keep in mind i live in a small village) that were observing it.

People nowadays simply don't impulse purchase as much. Everyone knows that such Ads sell overpriced stuff and that the same product is just 2 clicks away for a fraction of the price.

Branding is not a competitive advantage in any way. Anyone that's a bit creative can create a Brand and its not building a Barrier to entry.

If any activity is highly profitable other people will stop what they're currently doing to pursue that activity. More supply of that activity, in comparison to same demand, will necessarily eat up the profits and make it unprofitable.

Amazon has a competitive advantage. A barrier to entry. Its not really in the classic Ecommerce, its in the Platform Network business. Each new user, seller and buyer, increases the value of amazons platforms network by increasing the supply and demand of products .

Its true that Amazon started with Dropshipping physical books but that was in the 1990's when Dropshipping was unsaturated as fuck and they started registration buyers already then. Additionally, books are probably the best possible category one could have chosen to start out back then since people would buy come back to that same platform they signed up for when buying their first book. Not the case with any other product like Toys or gadgets which are typical Dropshipping products.

Amazons business model is more similar to Facebooks than to any regular online shop. Both are Networks that increase their value with each new user, fueled by AI & algorithms.

I knew a guy that became a multimillionaire from dropshipping and he told me that he was looking to get into Amazon FBA since 1. dropshipping is so oversaturated 2. Amazon is so dominant in the market.

I personally think that the idea behind dropshipping (arbitrage) is a great entrepreneurial strategy however with all the BS scammers giving people a false sense of competence the idea is often poorly executed.

• +1

Yes there is. A saturated market is where the cost of differentiating your brand outweighs the benefit of competing in that market.

• +1
Wow you’re like 8 years late

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Xangsane, Toth's thot and 2 others
Yes there is. A saturated market is where the cost of differentiating your brand outweighs the benefit of competing in that market.
Retarded college class definition. No such thing as a saturated market.

• JFL
My products were proven winning products with a specific target group. My website and ads were crafted to perfect and frequently rated as perfect by gurus.

Just accept that Dropshipping, even branded, is an utter dogshit business model.
I successfully dropship. You are just low IQ with 0 business sense aside from paying for scammer classes.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and PubertyMaxxer
Retarded college class definition. No such thing as a saturated market.
You're honestly right. I'm so retarded and poor and you're so intelligence and rich.

• +1
Retarded zoomer “entrepreneurs” will try every single bullshit scheme under the sun before creating value to anyone or anything

• +1
Reactions: Adamsmith12345 and PubertyMaxxer
Some industries are more saturated then others and drop shipping is sure on of them,
but at the end of the day, if you can do well on marketing and can find a niche, then you can make many things profitable.

What are some unsaturated industries?
Almost everything is saturated but that's not the point really. Technically, the least saturated thing are the ones that are hardest for the average person to start aka barrier to entry is low

Retarded zoomer “entrepreneurs” will try every single bullshit scheme under the sun before creating value to anyone or anything
1/1000 of those schemes will be wildly successful

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
Some industries are more saturated then others and drop shipping is sure on of them,
but at the end of the day, if you can do well on marketing and can find a niche, then you can make many things profitable.
Almost everything is saturated but that's not the point really. Technically, the least saturated thing are the ones that are hardest for the average person to start aka barrier to entry is low
most people in this subforum arent willing to spend over 2 years to learn a skill, so its over

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3573, incel194012940 and Ice
most people in this subforum arent willing to spend over 2 years to learn a skill, so its over
There's only a few ways to really earn a lot without a skill. Very hard though

Is there a solution aka a way to do ecommerce in a profitable semi unsaturated way or is it just over