My uncle celebrated his 15 years of sobriety

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Kraken
He used to be raging alcoholic in his youth. Used to chug down cans of beer like they were water. He was overall miserable even my dad thought he was done for but suddenly one day he was like enough is enough and went completely cold turkey instead of following the general advice od reducing intake that alcoholics get. He suffered for months until it became a part of his life and he no longer needed to depend on alcohol. He hasn't had a drop of alcohol since then. He only drinks soda at all parties.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: looksmac, Gonthar, SoundnVision and 18 others
Tales from Tamil Nadu.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AverageCurryEnjoyer, looksmac, iblamechico and 10 others
Celebrate it by drinking

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Alucard69, OldRooster, PsychoH and 5 others
Cheers to that

• +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday, PlayersGetPlayed and Jason Voorhees
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055, looksmac, iblamechico and 2 others
I haven't seen a drunk tamil bvll

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
My dad did the same thing, managed to stop alcohol instantaneously and stayed like that for 24 years

• +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday, PlayersGetPlayed, Deleted member 88772 and 2 others
Imagine how much of a loser he must be to CELEBRATE that shit 15 years later :lul::lul: Being alcoholic is his whole personality.

• Ugh..
Reactions: SoundnVision and PlayersGetPlayed
He used to be raging alcoholic in his youth. Used to chug down cans of beer like they were water. He was overall miserable even my dad thought he was done for but suddenly one day he was like enough is enough and went completely cold turkey instead of the general advice od reducing intake that alcoholics get. He suffered for months until it became a part of his life and he no longer needed to depend on alcohol. He hasn't had a drop of alcohol since then. He only drinks soda at all parties.
That's good for him. I quit alcohol recently too and I did it the same way he did. No cutting back slowly. The only problem is that alcohol withdrawals can be fatal depending on how dependent your body is on it. I'm glad he managed to come out of the addiction with no problems.

• +1
Reactions: looksmac, PlayersGetPlayed, Gengar and 1 other person
My dad did the same thing, managed to stop alcohol instantaneously and stayed like that for 24 years
Idk how ppl do that tbh. Like yesterday you wanted to drink like your life depended on it but now you don't. How?

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
  • +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
alcohol is a coping mechanism.
If you quit alcohol, you will be replacing that coping mechanism with something else.

As long as the root of your mental anguish isn't changed/tackled in some way, there's little to gain from destroying your own coping mechanisms tbh.

When you are struggling in life, you need alcohol/drugs to survive and get some life-quality, relief.
Focus should be on taking away the struggle before taking away the alcohol/coping-mechanism tbh.

It's like quitting this forum, deleting your account. Okay, but how are you going to replace what you got out of this forum?
Makes no sense. First you find what you would rather do with your time instead of this forum, and then quit this forum afterwards.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TUSSELEIF, PROMETHEUS, truthhurts and 1 other person
Imagine how much of a loser he must be to CELEBRATE that shit 15 years later :lul::lul: Being alcoholic is his whole personality.
It's not easy to quit substance addictions retard. It's not his personality he is just proud of how far he has come. From being down in the dumps to becoming a responsible earning family member. Many people their sobriety every year.

• +1
Reactions: SoundnVision and truthhurts
@deadstock @Beastimmung @buflek @mayo mogger

• +1
Reactions: mayo mogger, Deleted member 88772 and truthhurts
mirin

• +1
Admirable. I should do the same tbh. I’m an alcoholic and should stop before it starts ageing me

• +1
alcohol is a coping mechanism.
If you quit alcohol, you will be replacing that coping mechanism with something else.

As long as the root of your mental anguish isn't changed/tackled in some way, there's little to gain from destroying your own coping mechanisms tbh.

When you are struggling in life, you need alcohol/drugs to survive and get some life-quality, relief.
Focus should be on taking away the struggle before taking away the alcohol/coping-mechanism tbh.

It's like quitting this forum, deleting your account. Okay, but how are you going to replace what you got out of this forum?
Makes no sense. First you find what you would rather do with your time instead of this forum, and then quit this forum afterwards.
Honestly a very good point.

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
@Jason Voorhees

Is your family Christian?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mayo mogger and Jason Voorhees
Honestly a very good point.
In my mental ward I talk about my drugs-use a lot. Obviously therapists, etc are against it. But they also realize I need this 'crutch' to live right now.

They are just hoping for now that at some point I can see some light at the end of the tunnel, a life in which I don't need this crutch anymore and can stop relying on it.

• +1

• +1
Yes how'd you know?
Just guessing.

Alcohol is still a controversial topic for a lot of Hindus. A lot don’t drink at all. Or maybe that’s just a Brahmin thing, idk.

• +1
Tales from Tamil Nadu.
kinda racist man ,

typical north indian and pakistani take

south india = tamil nadu, chennai , idli dosa , sambar

which is kinda true

kinda racist man ,

typical north indian and pakistani take

south india = tamil nadu, chennai , idli dosa , sambar

which is kinda true
What's racist? Isn't OP from Tamil Nadu?

What's racist? Isn't OP from Tamil Nadu?
Lol there are like 5 major South Indian states and Tamil Nadu is like legit the only one anyone knows.

North Indians always assume anyone from south India is from Madras and is Tamil.

It’d be the equivalent of people being shocked there are non-Urdu speakers in Pakistan (which tbh does happen, my mom didn’t believe me when I told her that most people aren’t native Urdu speakers there.

As jason voorhees uncle, i secretly drink on weekends

Lol there are like 5 major South Indian states and Tamil Nadu is like legit the only one anyone knows.

North Indians always assume anyone from south India is from Madras and is Tamil.

It’d be the equivalent of people being shocked there are non-Urdu speakers in Pakistan (which tbh does happen, my mom didn’t believe me when I told her that most people aren’t native Urdu speakers there.
Yeah, it doesn’t help the only Dravidian from Bharat that I met IRL was from Tamil Nadu. It’s the same reason why people make jokes about Mumbai since that’s the only city they know of. Yes, there are non-Urdu speakers but they are a minority. Everyone else speaks Urdu either as a native language or a second language. I think your mom was thinking you were saying they don’t speak Urdu over there or something.

Yeah, it doesn’t help the only Dravidian from Bharat that I met IRL was from Tamil Nadu. It’s the same reason why people make jokes about Mumbai since that’s the only city they know of. Yes, there are non-Urdu speakers but they are a minority. Everyone else speaks Urdu either as a native language or a second language. I think your mom was thinking you were saying they don’t speak Urdu over there or something.
Most Indians tbh don’t even know Pakistani Punjabis/Sindhis/Pashtuns exist. Pakistani = an Urdu speaking muhajir to the average Indian.

Also most Indians don’t even realize half of Jammu Kashmir is controlled by China and Pakistan. Your average Indian is under the impression that Mirpur is in India.

Most Indians tbh don’t even know Pakistani Punjabis/Sindhis/Pashtuns exist. Pakistani = an Urdu speaking muhajir to the average Indian.

Also most Indians don’t even realize half of Jammu Kashmir is controlled by China and Pakistan. Your average Indian is under the impression that Mirpur is in India.
Most Bharatis don’t even know the name of their country actually refers to Pakistan. So I’m not surprised. And not just Bharatis, but the world associates Punjabis with Sikhism and Bharat even though most Punjabis are Islamic and Pakistani. Pretty crazy. Probably because Islamic peoples identify as their religion rather than their ethnic group.

Most Bharatis don’t even know the name of their country actually refers to Pakistan. So I’m not surprised. And not just Bharatis, but the world associates Punjabis with Sikhism and Bharat even though most Punjabis are Islamic and Pakistani. Pretty crazy. Probably because Islamic peoples identify as their religion rather than their ethnic group.
Tbh neither India or Pakistan are organically created countries.

India’s existence is solely a byproduct of British colonialism over 200 or so odd years.

Pakistan’s existence is a byproduct of like a political decision in literally 15 years between ww1 and ww2 as Britain looked increasingly likely to leave India in some fashion.

The only real countries in South Asia are Bangladesh, Bhutan and the Maldvies.

When people ask me why do I not drink I tell them why would I consume something that later on will take all my life forces to quit. It also makes you a retarded downgraded version of yourself while you are on it. Plus add all the internal damage and that msot taste like shit.

• +1
Reactions: SoundnVision
people acting like not drinking poisonous bitter piss water is a bridge too far

alcohol is a psyop tbh, possibly one of the oldest. numb people and keep them in a placid stupor