My wife made an incel joke

ElySioNs

ElySioNs

Mercenary
She’s told me that she’s at the point in her life (45 y.o.) where her body no longer wants sex. We’ve been in a DB situation for about 11 years, but now she’s made it clear that my optimism that it would get better was wrong. She knows that it’s absolutely killing me, she knows that I feel devastated about it.

This past weekend, she made a joke about me being an “incel,” and it is just burning me up. I took her out to the theater for a date Saturday night. When I opened the car door for her, she said, “Aren’t you going to say, ‘Your carriage, m’lady?’”

She made an INCEL joke. INCEL literally means “involuntarily celibate.”

I could have maybe laughed it off except that it was *the second incel joke she made that weekend*. I shit you not.

I took the family to a baseball game on Friday night. We were in the front row, and I caught a foul ball. I held the ball up in one hand and my beer in the other, and the crowd started chanting “Chug! Chug! Chug!” I did, and people cheered and laughed, and I actually was feeling pretty happy. My wife says, “Catching a foul ball and chugging a beer, it’s like an incel’s dream!”

So to sum it up… my wife, who has no interest in having sex with me, and is fully aware that my heart is breaking about it, makes TWO jokes in two days calling me an incel. She won’t have sex with me, AND she’s making fun of me about it.

I just don’t even know what to think or feel anymore.