NAC kills libido?

Deleted member 15827

Deleted member 15827

Will be back
Anyone notice? Like my gf sent me nudes and I couldnt even get hard anymore , it was like looking at a picture of a dog or something. Took 1000 mg NAC with 500 mg vit C an hour before on empty stomach.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20565
@enchanted_elixir @Seth Walsh is this possible?

@enchanted_elixir @Seth Walsh is this possible?
It can have that effect yeah. Probably because of how it lowers glutamate (and maybe dopamine). But it's not messing with hormones or anything and your libido will come back. It just blunts it temporarily and acutely imo.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper and Deleted member 15827
It can have that effect yeah. Probably because of how it lowers glutamate (and maybe dopamine). But it's not messing with hormones or anything and your libido will come back. It just blunts it temporarily and acutely imo.
The same kinda thing L-theanine would do

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
it causes anhedonia as far as i know

• +1
  • +1
it causes anhedonia as far as i know
Definitely can yeah but only causes anhedonia or PSSD-like symptoms in very few cases like less than 1% imo. Something like ashwaghanda will cause anhedonia in like 1 in 2 people.

I still don't think NAC should be used daily unless it's for chronic treatment of neuroticism. Otherwise it should just be used to get rid of excess glutamate or to prevent hangovers etc

• +1
Definitely can yeah but only causes anhedonia or PSSD-like symptoms in very few cases like less than 1% imo. Something like ashwaghanda will cause anhedonia in like 1 in 2 people.

I still don't think NAC should be used daily unless it's for chronic treatment of neuroticism. Otherwise it should just be used to get rid of excess glutamate or to prevent hangovers etc
what about to lighten skin and for better undertones?

Whats the opposite of NAC? Something that increases libido and dopamine activity

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
  • +1
Whats the opposite of NAC? Something that increases libido and dopamine activity
Bromantane. It's not the opposite of NAC but it increase dopamine and libido

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: TsarTsar444, Deleted member 15827 and thereallegend
  • +1
Idk about undertones but chronic NAC use does lighten the skin from what I know.
apparently pheomelanin to eumelanin ratio increases on it leading to reddish orange undertones

• +1
  • +1
apparently pheomelanin to eumelanin ratio increases on it leading to reddish orange undertones
Increasing pheo/eumelanin also increases skin cancer risk

• So Sad
What about taurine?
Doesn't raise dopamine or libido but it inhibits gamma transaminase similar to bromantane. I don't use taurine though. Bromatane mogs pretty much everything out there that's why it's the only really supp/compound I use for dopamine/libido/drive

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel, TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 15827
Doesn't raise dopamine or libido but it inhibits gamma transaminase similar to bromantane. I don't use taurine though. Bromatane mogs pretty much everything out there that's why it's the only really supp/compound I use for dopamine/libido/drive
do u know of any site that ships to india

What happens when gamma transaminase is inhibited?

• +1
What happens when gamma transaminase is inhibited?
More GABA is kept because it isn't being converted to glutamate. So your GABA levels stay higher. GABA-T inhibition is kinda like monoamine oxidase inhibition, except for GABA. More of it is kept around.

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
  • +1
  • +1
More GABA is kept because it isn't being converted to glutamate. So your GABA levels stay higher. GABA-T inhibition is kinda like monoamine oxidase inhibition, except for GABA. More of it is kept around.
Interesting, so wouldn't that lower sex drive actually? When i take 3g of taurine i actually feel stimulated

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Seth Walsh
What is the full for of NAC

Interesting, so wouldn't that lower sex drive actually? When i take 3g of taurine i actually feel stimulated
Well bromantane increases sex drive by increasing Testosterone and dopamine, I've quite a few posts on how and why it does that. And bromantane doesn't lower glutamate levels, just slows the GABA-T process by inhibiting the enzyme, it won't lower the glutamate in the synaptic cleft like NAC does.

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 15827
But it got you a girlfriend

• Woah
Well bromantane increases sex drive by increasing Testosterone and dopamine, I've quite a few posts on how and why it does that. And bromantane doesn't lower glutamate levels, just slows the GABA-T process by inhibiting the enzyme, it won't lower the glutamate in the synaptic cleft like NAC does.
Is it safe to use bromantane and a stimulant together in the same day?

Is it safe to use bromantane and a stimulant together in the same day?
No I wouldn't do it again. Makes you a lot more sensitive to stims. Bromantane should be used in place of stims; getting off psychostims and used instead of them. Bromantane is really atypical. It can be pretty dangerous if used with something like adderall/vyvanse because bromantane basically breaks the rate limiting process for dopamine synthesis. So if you have supraphysiological amounts of dopamine being made from phenylalinine and then you have psychostims hitting the receptors and the TAAR hard, with more dopamine than normal, along with the DAT inhibition, you could easily have a mental breakdown similar to a meth OD type situation just by combining moderate/high dose adderall with bromantane. So definitely avoid using it with any of the traditional psychostims.

Selegeline in normal doses seems to increase libido a lot (it raises dopamine levels in certain brain structures (lower) responsible for sex drive and motivation). It's sold in India as Selgin (or at least that's the brand I got from there). In higher doses it turns into MAO-A inhibitor, thus makes you prone to thyramine syndrome if diet is not followed.

• +1
Selegeline in normal doses seems to increase libido a lot (it raises dopamine levels in certain brain structures (lower) responsible for sex drive and motivation). It's sold in India as Selgin (or at least that's the brand I got from there). In higher doses it turns into MAO-A inhibitor, thus makes you prone to thyramine syndrome if diet is not followed.
Yep for sure. Selegeline is a much much stronger MAOB inhibitor than Cordyceps.

Bromantane+Selegeline would probs give an insane libido tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Mr.Proper
No I wouldn't do it again. Makes you a lot more sensitive to stims. Bromantane should be used in place of stims; getting off psychostims and used instead of them. Bromantane is really atypical. It can be pretty dangerous if used with something like adderall/vyvanse because bromantane basically breaks the rate limiting process for dopamine synthesis. So if you have supraphysiological amounts of dopamine being made from phenylalinine and then you have psychostims hitting the receptors and the TAAR hard, with more dopamine than normal, along with the DAT inhibition, you could easily have a mental breakdown similar to a meth OD type situation just by combining moderate/high dose adderall with bromantane. So definitely avoid using it with any of the traditional psychostims.
I tried the original bromatane named Ladasten in hopes to help my ADHD, as Adderall/Ritalin/Modafinil are banned in Russia. Unfortunately, all it did is making my mood better and feeling "calmer high" , like when you eat a lot of chocolate. No noticeable effects on motivation, focus and executive function. Selegelin, on the other hand, made me wanna do something, improved mood as well, but also caused huge libido increase after few days of taking it, which became a distraction in professional setting.

• +1
I tried the original bromatane named Ladasten in hopes to help my ADHD, as Adderall/Ritalin/Modafinil are banned in Russia. Unfortunately, all it did is making my mood better and feeling "calmer high" , like when you eat a lot of chocolate. No noticeable effects on motivation, focus and executive function. Selegelin, on the other hand, made me wanna do something, improved mood as well, but also caused huge libido increase after few days of taking it, which became a distraction in professional setting.
I find bromantane works really well in very low doses 10-25mg.. I think it may upregulate expression of tyrosine hydroxylase at the lower dose but upregulates expression of typtophan hydroxylase at higher doses which leads to more of a serotonergic feeling. Maybe that's what was happening with the Ladasten. Do you remember what dose you took?

• +1
I find bromantane works really well in very low doses 10-25mg.. I think it may upregulate expression of tyrosine hydroxylase at the lower dose but upregulates expression of typtophan hydroxylase at higher doses which leads to more of a serotonergic feeling. Maybe that's what was happening with the Ladasten. Do you remember what dose you took?
Half of tablet, so, 25mg, full tablet, and a table and half (75mg). The difference wasn't big. What I really liked is Phenylpiracetam. Great for work and studying, helps with attention and restlessness/hyperactivity, but works for 3-4 days straight and then rapid tolerance hits, need like a month to try again. People say it's closer to Methylphenidate, gives some sort of "robotic" feeling of a functional stimulant. Wouldn't recommend it for libido though, as I didn't think about it all while on the drug.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Seth Walsh
@Seth Walsh Where do I read up on bromantane? I've been browsing google scholar for a while but most papers are decades old and Russian so don't have a DOI that enables me to read them on Sci-Hub.

• +1