nasolabial folds

Warlow

Warlow

Young man lost in space and time
would it be better to remove nasolabial folds with buccal fat removal or a fat graft?

• +1
Reactions: PYT
yes

• JFL
Reactions: Britishlooksmaxxer and audreyen
How bad are yours?

Are you under 13% bf?

Are you under 13% bf?
yes rip. I'm literally 12% rn and it ruins me having hollows in most lighting, ik this because my ogee curve is very highset and not prominent.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: PYT and Entschuldigung
A buccal fat pad removal will not address the nasolabial fold.

There only solutions that are FDA approved to treat a nasolabial fold is having the fold injected with either fat, hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, poly-l-lactic acid, or having it surgically treated with an endoscopic mid-face cheek lift.

A buccal fat pad removal will not address the nasolabial fold.

There only solutions that are FDA approved to treat a nasolabial fold is having the fold injected with either fat, hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, poly-l-lactic acid, or having it surgically treated with an endoscopic mid-face cheek lift.
buccal fat gets rid of malar fat though right?

buccal fat gets rid of malar fat though right?
The buccal fat pad and the malar fat pad are two separate fat pads.

The buccal fat pad runs across the perimetre of the face, and is located in the SMAS layer of the face.

The malar fat pad sits lateral to the piriform appeture, and under the orbital rim.

Trimming of the buccal fat pad will have absolute no effect on, and no direct correlation with, the malar fat pad itself.

I'm not sure where you've sourced your information, but removing the malar fat pad will exacerbate the appearance of a deep nasolabial fold. I have no experience with, or have ever heard of, a surgical procedure which removes the malar fat pad.

• +1
Reactions: Warlow
The buccal fat pad and the malar fat pad are two separate fat pads.

The buccal fat pad runs across the perimetre of the face, and is located in the SMAS layer of the face.

The malar fat pad sits lateral to the piriform appeture, and under the orbital rim.

Trimming of the buccal fat pad will have absolute no effect on, and no direct correlation with, the malar fat pad itself.

I'm not sure where you've sourced your information, but removing the malar fat pad will exacerbate the appearance of a deep nasolabial fold. I have no experience with, or have ever heard of, a surgical procedure which removes the malar fat pad.
you are very high iq, yeah i'll look more into this then pm you

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7747
Even this forum users posted that they had malar fat pads removed.

@Warlow I feel you man. I'd have a really good midface combined with my cheekbones. I'm above 20%bf but even now I see cheeks hollowing. The only thing that ruins it is basically fat. I have no undereye support, dark circles and this shit drooping malar fat .

Last edited:
Even this forum users posted that they had malar fat pads removed.
Removed or trimmed?

Maybe I'm naive, but in all of my experiences with plastic surgery in Australia and Europe, I have never come across this procedure. I've only ever heard of facial liposuction, but never a malar fat pad removal.

Unless you carry significant fullness in this area, this would probably be one of the most detrimental procedures anyone can have. You will age horrifically as time goes on.

Removed or trimmed?

Maybe I'm naive, but in all of my experiences with plastic surgery in Australia and Europe, I have never come across this procedure. I've only ever heard of facial liposuction, but never a malar fat pad removal.

Unless you carry significant fullness in this area, this would probably be one of the most detrimental procedures anyone can have. You will age horrifically as time goes on.
Yeah I think you're right here. It was buccal fat removal. Not the same thing.

This has been posted in one of the related threads. This dude just lost weight and it seems his midface got better. But Ive heard that some people notice even worse outcome and look even more aged after dropping the BF%. What haunts me is people with much worse maxiliary development have better fat pads than me. What the hell has aged my that much...

Stephen James has the same shit eye area as me. Negative vector, weak support, but it looks like his fat deposits are just very good in comparison to mine... You can see slight lines, but nothing insane that you could call it a "nasolabial fold"

Last edited:
Yeah I think you're right here. It was buccal fat removal. Not the same thing.
View attachment 714438
This has been posted in one of the related threads. This dude just lost weight and it seems his midface got better. But Ive heard that some people notice even worse outcome and look even more aged after dropping the BF%. What haunts me is people with much worse maxiliary development have better fat pads than me. What the hell has aged my that much...
Ah yes, buccal fat pad removals are much more common lol.

That's the only drawback of lowering your body fat - losing facial fat. Some people are more susceptible to losing adipose fatty tissue in the face - myself included. It can give quite hollow and skeletal appearance. But they have products nowadays to restore facial volume - and not just with hyaluronic acid; that way you can keep the chiselled and cut aesthetic of being lean, but can also restore volume in certain areas to look less skeletal.

But they have products nowadays to restore facial volume - and not just with hyaluronic acid
The ones you mentioned in your previous post?

There only solutions that are FDA approved to treat a nasolabial fold is having the fold injected with either fat, hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, poly-l-lactic acid

yes rip. I'm literally 12% rn and it ruins me having hollows in most lighting, ik this because my ogee curve is very highset and not prominent.
How did you fix your body that looks like a pop singer?

Stephen James has the same shit eye area as me.

if this is shit eye area then what's a good eye area? I have similar eye area maybe my eyes aren't as deep set as his

if this is shit eye area then what's a good eye area? I have similar eye area maybe my eyes aren't as deep set as his
He has negative orbital vector. His browridge saves him hard.