NCT from braces and palate expander?

D

Deleted member 33775

Better Smiles Than Hard Times.
Am I tripping or did he go from neutral to negative?
IMG 8357

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2, Deleted member 19453, aesthetic beauty and 1 other person
Looks like a narrow faced @Krakowski.

• JFL
Reactions: Krakowski
I have slight NCT, not really that bad but not ideal, and there is really no fix other than maybe canthoplasty + infra orbital rim implants.

@TheHandcel

I’ll ask my dad tomorrow, he’s a dentist but knows a lot about ortho.

@aesthetic beauty

Perhaps some sort of rotation of the maxilla caused this ?

• +1
Reactions: Whatashame
well if this proves it can make the eyes droop can it cause pct?

Wtf did they do to him JFL. He looks so bloated and glossy, like he's full of filler.

Cam below eye level makes most people look like they have NCT in the image...
look at the other picture I sent, his canthal tilt is obviously neutral in his before treatment picture, and it is obviously negative now

Camera is eye level in the after, it's above in the before.
Yes it's also above in the before, but in the after he tilts his head up a bit. Probably has a tiny bit less than neutral tilt or neutral, based on those pictures.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32486
Perhaps some sort of rotation of the maxilla caused this ?
most of it its deff just the vertical angle of the camera but i dont doubt there was damage done if the treatment was during development, its a syntomp of incorrect growth

Nvm his eyes just look more NCT because he’s looking down in the after and his lower eyelid has a weird shape.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 33775
He clearly has NCT now. Maybe the palate expander widened his cheekbones and, thus, his lateral orbitals but also lowered their position vertically. This is probably because changes to the upper palate (lower maxilla) can cause unpredictable changes to the upper maxilla (cheekbone width). You can imagine that if the corner of his orbitals that the cheekbones form (lateral canthus) dropped off then he would develop NCT.

Basically he got botched.
Yes, I asked my dad about this and he had no clue but he did mention that and said it could just be poor treatment and bad orthodontists.

He did ascend in every other aspect but unfortunate he got nct when it didn’t need to happen

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
most of it its deff just the vertical angle of the camera but i dont doubt there was damage done if the treatment was during development, its a syntomp of incorrect growth
I mean even that little of a camera angle change, you can still tell the position of the lateral canthus was neutral in the before, could’ve been negative but I doubt it was

Yes, I asked my dad about this and he had no clue but he did mention that and said it could just be poor treatment and bad orthodontists.

He did ascend in every other aspect but unfortunate he got nct when it didn’t need to happen
Honestly I edited my post but it could be either.

Honestly I edited my post but it could be either.
Someone said rotation of the maxilla, dad said he doesn’t really know about that but could be something of that sort too

I mean even that little of a camera angle change, you can still tell the position of the lateral canthus was neutral in the before, could’ve been negative but I doubt it was
little camera angles change so much, can look like im being picky but im not everyone who toke a lot of pics know that