Neck Exercises Reduces the Look of Facial Asymmetry?

toji.

toji.

Bronze
Hello, I'll get straight to the point, I'd like to know if neck exercises can reduce the decompensation/asymmetry of the neck in relation to the face.

For example, this guy undoubtedly has one side of his face wider than the other, giving the appearance that his neck is asymmetrical.

87175fd5f314994ba600c5fd755010aa

Understanding that the ideal (I assume from ignorance) is for the width of the neck to be a little or equal to the width of the gonials. Example:

20191029 Gandy 08

Could neck exercises reduce this asymmetrical appearance, what exercises should do?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: sb23, AverageCurryEnjoyer and Saint Casanova
Solution
toji.
There is an exercise called Lateral Neck Flexion, I will try it, one side of my neck is asymmetrical in relation to the other and to the face. I will let you know if there is a difference.

Just do basic neck exercises and progressively overload. Get one of those chains.

• +1
Reactions: toji. and AverageCurryEnjoyer
Just do basic neck exercises and progressively overload. Get one of those chains.
I assume that the exercise should focus on one side of the neck, the side that is most unbalanced. But are there really exercises for one side of the neck?

• +1
Reactions: AverageCurryEnjoyer
I assume that the exercise should focus on one side of the neck, the side that is most unbalanced. But are there really exercises for one side of the neck?
yeah to both this and question. Thick neck mogs.

• +1
Reactions: toji.
There is an exercise called Lateral Neck Flexion, I will try it, one side of my neck is asymmetrical in relation to the other and to the face. I will let you know if there is a difference.

Solution
Hello, I'll get straight to the point, I'd like to know if neck exercises can reduce the decompensation/asymmetry of the neck in relation to the face.

For example, this guy undoubtedly has one side of his face wider than the other, giving the appearance that his neck is asymmetrical.

Understanding that the ideal (I assume from ignorance) is for the width of the neck to be a little or equal to the width of the gonials. Example:

Could neck exercises reduce this asymmetrical appearance, what exercises should do?
dnr. Neck exercises grow your neck which causes sleep apnea. Have fun taking years of your life.

• +1
Reactions: toji. and MA_ascender
dnr. Neck exercises grow your neck which causes sleep apnea. Have fun taking years of your life.
The little I have read says that a 17+ inch neck has a higher risk of apnoea, it also says that a 16 inch neck is perfectly normal and has no risk of apnoea. So basically you need to avoid going over the 16" line.

On the other hand, if the ideal symmetry is a width in relation to the gonials, it seems that it does not exceed 16 inches, this boxer called Anthony Joshua has a neck of 18 inches and clearly exceeds the neck width ratio in relation to the gonials.​

Joshua99

• +1
Reactions: sb23