need looksmaxxing advice

nova0990

nova0990

Iron
>hormonal acne
>asymmetry
>overbite/recessed chin
>fuck-ass grown out buzzcut

i use cleanser, salicylic acid, and aloe moisturizer twice a day. i tried accutane and tretinoin, they both made my face dry which would make me pick at it and make everything worse. my brother said i should get a taper but idk its not really my style and i think it would look stupid. im not sure if my overbite is dental or skeletal but the dentist has never said anything about it. i was going to ask my dentist next time i go. i hate the way i look. how do i fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_2462.jpeg
    IMG_2462.jpeg
    805.5 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: IanIachimoe2491
>hormonal acne
>asymmetry
>overbite/recessed chin

i use cleanser, salicylic acid, and aloe moisturizer twice a day. i tried accutane and tretinoin, they both made my face dry which would make me pick at it and make everything worse. my brother said i should get a taper but idk its not really my style and i think it would look stupid. im not sure if my overbite is dental or skeletal but the dentist has never said anything about it. i was going to ask my dentist next time i go. i hate the way i look. how do i fix it?
Dam you made me cry. Fix your expression getting me depressed and sh

>hormonal acne
>asymmetry
>overbite/recessed chin

im sorry bro but its gonna be over for u till u can grow a beard

how old are you son??

You will look like different person by time you are 21
Just do what you can for your skin I think you should use Cerave Moisturizing Cleanser and The Ordinary Moisturizer +HA
this is pretty much all I use for my sensitive shit skin and now it is pretty good and my skin was worst than yours at 16
Have good posture and do any forms of exercise
And also at your age, the most important thing to do is throw yourself into the fire (Exposure therapy), by that I mean get out your comfort zone as much as you can, so you don't end up socially inept in your 20s
You might get rejected constantly and heart broken but you will be glad for it when you are in your 20s and prepared to be adult because you had character development and challenges unlike the soft pussy ass adults in these forums

• +1
Reactions: zura, nova0990 and IanIachimoe2491
>hormonal acne
>asymmetry
>overbite/recessed chin

grow out the hair, its good. dont cut it shorter, especially the sides. just let it grow

>hormonal acne
>asymmetry
>overbite/recessed chin

youre not ugly broski youre cool dont worry

also very cool beatles photo on the wall

>hormonal acne
>asymmetry
>overbite/recessed chin

you have potential, youll look better when you grow into your features and stuff, face changes a lot with age and you dont even look bad.

>hormonal acne
>asymmetry
>overbite/recessed chin

get bimax

>hormonal acne
>asymmetry
>overbite/recessed chin

i think im gonna see an ortho. don't braces cause recessed maxilla or something though? would invisalign be better? this is my side profile. my neck posture is a little iffy but im working on it.

Attachments

• IMG_2511.jpeg
    IMG_2511.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
can you go into more detail on your skincare routine and answer these:

- How consistent are you (how often do you skip it)
- How long was the tretinoin used for, what was the strength used
- How long was the accutane used for
- Have you ever tried antibiotics?
- Are you in the UK? (So i can tell you how to get certain stuff, im in the UK so im more familier with it)
- Who diagnosed your acne as hormonal
- Was the doctor you prescribed you accutane a specalist/dermatolgist, were they a doctor at all or was it an NP or PA?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: nova0990
can you go into more detail on your skincare routine and answer these:

- How consistent are you (how often do you skip it)
- How long was the tretinoin used for, what was the strength used
- How long was the accutane used for
- Have you ever tried antibiotics?
- Are you in the UK? (So i can tell you how to get certain stuff, im in the UK so im more familier with it)
- Who diagnosed your acne as hormonal
- Was the doctor you prescribed you accutane a specalist/dermatolgist, were they a doctor at all or was it an NP or PA?
im consistent i rarely ever skip. i used the tret for like 3-4 weeks and the strength was 0.025%. i used the accutane a few years ago for around 4 months. i was on an antibiotic for around a year and stopped because it wasn't helping significantly and i didnt want to permanently fuck my microbiome. im in the US. i was prescribed and diagnosed by a dermatologist.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 49130
im consistent i rarely ever skip. i used the tret for like 3-4 weeks and the strength was 0.025%. i used the accutane a few years ago for around 4 months. i was on an antibiotic for around a year and stopped because it wasn't helping significantly and i didnt want to permanently fuck my microbiome. im in the US. i was prescribed and diagnosed by a dermatologist.
tret was not used nearly long enough. The purge (increase in dryness, eczema like symptoms and increased acne) can last up to a month if you are unlucky, more commonely it lasts up to 2 weeks of daily use. This is likely what happend to you. Also the accutane was likely also not used for a long enough time. Tretinoin should be continuted for 4 months at least, this when big improvements start happening. I reccomend the following to you:

• - Go back on tretinoin 0.025%, get the one which has clindamycin 1% in it. This will reduce the duration and severity of the purge as well as being more effective at controlling acne. Clindamycin is a topical antibiotic and if you wash your hands after application there is no risk of messing up your internal microbiome. Ensure you are using a pea sized amount for each side of the face maximum. Remember to apply everywhere over the face and not just on places with acne on them
  • Stop using salicylic acid regulary, cut it down to once or twice a week in the morning, for some skin types it can be extremly irritating and worsen inflamation (even tho its not supposed to, some people react to it)
  • Start using benzoyl peroxide, 5% cream.
  • Start using a mosteriuser which contains hylaurinc acid, i reccomend neutrogena hydro boost water gel.
  • Use only miscellar water as a cleanser, cleanse before applying anything
  • Use azealic acid 20% (this is prescription strength, depending on where you are you can get up to 5% or 10% OTC). Use it in dropper or gel form, not mixed with other crap in the cream. This is an effective bacteriocidal agent and reduces inflamation and reverses hyperpigmentation
  • Use silk pillowcases and wash them every 2-3 days
Here is what I would advice your routine to be:

AM:
Cleanse if you are sweaty or feel dirty
Then apply salicylic acid if it is the day to use that
Apply the azelaic acid all over your face
Wait 2min
Then apply benzoyl peroxide 5% cream on places of your face which currently have acne, apply it around those area as well but dont apply everywhere like you would with tretinoin
Wait 2min
Now apply hylaurinic acid, if it is sepereate to your mosteruiser
Now apply mosteriuser
Apply suncreen EVEN IF ITS CLOUDLY, tret increases this need

PM:
Cleanse
Apply tretinoin & clindamycin on face
Wait 30min
Apply azelaic acid to regions with hyperpigmentation (optional)
Apply mosteriuser

I will be making a full guide to skincare including what to do if u have eczema and hypersensitivity and the scientific basis behind my reccomendations soon but for now just trust that this will improve your skin massively. These things take time, wait at least 6 months before changing anything. If after 6 months this fails, only then would I reccomend using accutane as accutane has lots of side effects and safety risks.

• +1
tret was not used nearly long enough. The purge (increase in dryness, eczema like symptoms and increased acne) can last up to a month if you are unlucky, more commonely it lasts up to 2 weeks of daily use. This is likely what happend to you. Also the accutane was likely also not used for a long enough time. Tretinoin should be continuted for 4 months at least, this when big improvements start happening. I reccomend the following to you:

• - Go back on tretinoin 0.025%, get the one which has clindamycin 1% in it. This will reduce the duration and severity of the purge as well as being more effective at controlling acne. Clindamycin is a topical antibiotic and if you wash your hands after application there is no risk of messing up your internal microbiome. Ensure you are using a pea sized amount for each side of the face maximum. Remember to apply everywhere over the face and not just on places with acne on them
  • Stop using salicylic acid regulary, cut it down to once or twice a week in the morning, for some skin types it can be extremly irritating and worsen inflamation (even tho its not supposed to, some people react to it)
  • Start using a mosteriuser which contains hylaurinc acid, i reccomend neutrogena hydro boost water gel.
  • Use azealic acid 20% (this is prescription strength, depending on where you are you can get up to 5% or 10% OTC). Use it in dropper or gel form, not mixed with other crap in the cream. This is an effective bacteriocidal agent and reduces inflamation and reverses hyperpigmentation

AM:
Wait 2min
Then apply benzoyl peroxide 5% cream on places of your face which currently have acne, apply it around those area as well but dont apply everywhere like you would with tretinoin
Wait 2min
Now apply mosteriuser

PM:
Cleanse
Wait 30min
Apply mosteriuser

I will be making a full guide to skincare including what to do if u have eczema and hypersensitivity and the scientific basis behind my reccomendations soon but for now just trust that this will improve your skin massively. These things take time, wait at least 6 months before changing anything. If after 6 months this fails, only then would I reccomend using accutane as accutane has lots of side effects and safety risks.
alright i'll try. is there any way to minimize the dryness from tret? i dont want to pick at it and cause scarring

AM:
Wait 2min
Wait 2min
Now apply mosteriuser

PM:
Cleanse
Wait 30min
Apply mosteriuser

or is dryness part of the purge thing

You will look like different person by time you are 21
Just do what you can for your skin I think you should use Cerave Moisturizing Cleanser and The Ordinary Moisturizer +HA
this is pretty much all I use for my sensitive shit skin and now it is pretty good and my skin was worst than yours at 16
Have good posture and do any forms of exercise
And also at your age, the most important thing to do is throw yourself into the fire (Exposure therapy), by that I mean get out your comfort zone as much as you can, so you don't end up socially inept in your 20s
You might get rejected constantly and heart broken but you will be glad for it when you are in your 20s and prepared to be adult because you had character development and challenges unlike the soft pussy ass adults in these forums
COPE. Exposure therapy is just gonna make him depressed.
Good advice on the skin part

• JFL
Reactions: polishcel
or is dryness part of the purge thing
dryness is part of the purge, and you may be extra sensitive to retinoids anyway increasing the dryness even after purge has ended. If you use the mosteriuser reccomendation I gave you then you should be ok. Consider the use of collidol oats if it is not working for you as well. I will go into more detail in this in my skinmaxxing guide i will post in a few days, so keep an eye out for that, If you feel I helped you I would really appreciate if you left soem rep points by pressing the +1 button.

• +1
>hormonal acne
>asymmetry
>overbite/recessed chin

Dont worry too much about your skin your priority should be fixing your actual bone structure imo. Ive had to deal with similar bullshit to this, one jaw super pronounced and the other side narrow, its very annoying and takes time to fix, but its fixable. Start chewing on your other side asap, chew mastic gum on that side, sleep on the other side of your face, start mewing and look into orthotropics.

dryness is part of the purge, and you may be extra sensitive to retinoids anyway increasing the dryness even after purge has ended. If you use the mosteriuser reccomendation I gave you then you should be ok. Consider the use of collidol oats if it is not working for you as well. I will go into more detail in this in my skinmaxxing guide i will post in a few days, so keep an eye out for that, If you feel I helped you I would really appreciate if you left soem rep points by pressing the +1 button.
thanks

Dont worry too much about your skin your priority should be fixing your actual bone structure imo. Ive had to deal with similar bullshit to this, one jaw super pronounced and the other side narrow, its very annoying and takes time to fix, but its fixable. Start chewing on your other side asap, chew mastic gum on that side, sleep on the other side of your face, start mewing and look into orthotropics.
im not really sure how exactly my jaw is asymmetrical though it just looks like my eyes are tilted and my features are kind of crooked like my nose and jaw point in a different direction than my eyes

and i already mew i think its been my natural tongue posture for most of my life maybe i learned it but i do it naturally now

Ltn Sorry to hear youre schizophrenic bhai
Not much you can do tbh other than skin which youre working on already. you look a little bloated so try getting lean

>hormonal acne
>asymmetry
>overbite/recessed chin

dye your hair dark and get a perm

start sleeping on your back or at least throw your pillow away and start chewing evenly

Ltn Sorry to hear youre schizophrenic bhai
Not much you can do tbh other than skin which youre working on already. you look a little bloated so try getting lean
im working on getting lean. is there really nothing else i can do?
dye your hair dark and get a perm

start sleeping on your back or at least throw your pillow away and start chewing evenly
what color and im growing it out rn. and i have really bad sleep paralysis so i cant really sleep on my back but i dont usually sleep on one side and i think i chew evenly.

>hormonal acne
>asymmetry
>overbite/recessed chin

this thread has made we wanna kill myself