Negative hooding cause?

roligtvarre4

roligtvarre4

Bronze
Can negative hooding be caused by a recessed maxilla or is it genetic

It’s caused by arched eyebrows

• +1
Reactions: roligtvarre4 and Napoleon1800
Maybe you have an epicanthal fold. Pic would be way more useful.
20231125 143854

Your eyebrows are very positively tilted so it stretches the hooding away from the upper eyelid near the lateral canthus. If they were lower set or less positively tilted your negative hooding would become more apparent. Also your hooding isn’t that visible in general, again due to lack of low-set eyebrows as well as fat pads.

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800
Your eyebrows are very positively tilted so it stretches the hooding away from the upper eyelid near the lateral canthus. If they were lower set or less positively tilted your negative hooding would become more apparent. Also your hooding isn’t that visible in general, again due to lack of low-set eyebrows as well as fat pads.
Are my eyebrows medium set?

Low set but not like Tom Cruise tier which causes proper hooding.
bro, Ive seen you commenting on this topic a lot and I wanted to ask something. I have only slight negative hooding (maybe like Gandy) and a friend of mine has better little bit more straight hooding and he has arched eyebrows, where as mine are rather straight. Also, im still rather young and my brow ridge hasn't protruded yet, so I wanted to ask, if a better protrusion can help with my hooding too. Thanks in advance

bro, Ive seen you commenting on this topic a lot and I wanted to ask something. I have only slight negative hooding (maybe like Gandy) and a friend of mine has better little bit more straight hooding and he has arched eyebrows, where as mine are rather straight. Also, im still rather young and my brow ridge hasn't protruded yet, so I wanted to ask, if a better protrusion can help with my hooding too. Thanks in advance
Hooding tilt is due to the upturn of the lateral canthus. People with NCT always have very negative hooding because their lateral canthus is downturned. Brow ridge protrusion won't affect hooding unfortunately.

Hooding tilt is due to the upturn of the lateral canthus. People with NCT always have very negative hooding because their lateral canthus is downturned. Brow ridge protrusion won't affect hooding unfortunately.
okay, i have pct. Would canthoplasty kind of fix this? Or Blepharoplasty. I don't wanna do it, however im just wondering if there are ANY things out there to fix negative hooding. As I said, I only have it slightly, but do you know any things I can do about this, to fix it slightly? Maybe something with lashes or something.