neurocranium structural aesthetics

Kill_Jew

Kill_Jew

15,000 karma
Something completely underrated and completely unmentioned on lookism and looksmax is the contribution of the neurocranium to facial aesthetics. Golden ratio masks are limited to just the face.
0928ac6bac61c9a75eaf3c49c3e66dcb

Even though the neurocranium contributes a considerable amount to overall smv. Take shia for example.
Shia090615 01

He looks completely ridiculous with a shaved head. This is due to his neurocranium being widest at the base and most narrow where his hairline begins. On top of that the top of his head is not semi circular and could be a very small segment of a circle.
Zayn on the other hand is the polar opposite. He has looked his best with a buzzcut. His skull is the widest at the beginning of his hairline and is completely straight until that point. The right side of his neurocranium could be used as a ruler to draw a straight line and the curve of his skull could be used to draw a circle.
zayn-malik-hot-or-not-shaved-head-gty-ftr.jpg
Despite how masculine the rest of the rock's face looks, the area above his eyebrows completely drags down the rest of his face, for the same reasons as Shia. On top of the the top of his skull is akin to a parabola rather than a semi-circle and is completely comical.
Sports-61.png
Here is a short gif to illustrate this idea. If I were to redo this I would make the sides more straight and angled.
Giphy
Now for those who are completely skeptical of this idea that neurocranium should be the widest where the hairline begins, look no further than:
female_head_drawing.png

head-shape-drawing-learn-how-to-draw-realistic-heads-and-faces-tips-tricks.png

images

If anyone knows anything about making an aesthetically pleasing head it is artists. Most artists employ the use of a head template. The most common of which is the use of a circle with a diameter passing through where the hairline would be.
Here is the outline of zayns neurocranium for those who are interested.
Perfect cranial shape

Here is the readjusted version for symmetry. Admittedly, I prefer the original.
Perfect cranial shape draft

tl;dr Neurocranium should be widest where the hairline begins. Until that point the neurocranium should be almost completely straight and the top of the neurocranium should be as close as possible to a semi circle.
If you liked this experiment make sure to smash that like button and follow.

@mods. pin this.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926, I'mme, Hector and 6 others
@Mexicancel has the golden mask but

he can’t get prime women so IRRELEVANT

• JFL
Reactions: Zygos4Life, Deleted member 1680 and Deleted member 2581
Good observation, food for thought.

• JFL
Reactions: Slayerino
So, it's great to have a lightbulb head?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7926 and Deleted member 2810
mirin zayn's nw-∞

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926
@SayNoToRotting
this guy is describing a bad cranial base right?

Something completely underrated and completely unmentioned on lookism and looksmax is the contribution of the neurocranium to facial aesthetics. Golden ratio masks are limited to just the face.
View attachment 150384

Now for those who are completely skeptical of this idea that neurocranium should be the widest where the hairline begins, look no further than:
female_head_drawing.png

head-shape-drawing-learn-how-to-draw-realistic-heads-and-faces-tips-tricks.png

images

If anyone knows anything about making an aesthetically pleasing head it is artists. Most artists employ the use of a head template. The most common of which is the use of a circle with a diameter passing through where the hairline would be.

tl;dr Neurocranium should be widest where the hairline begins. Until that point the neurocranium should be almost completely straight and the top of the neurocranium should be as close as possible to a semi circle.
If you liked this experiment make sure to smash that like button and follow.

@mods. pin this.
"neurocranium, something completely underrated and completely unmentioned on Looksmax and Lookism"

@Jacob Rothschild

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1680, middayshowers, Deleted member 1862 and 1 other person
dn a single word
Head

jordan barrets dad's neurocranium

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Slayerino, I'mme, EckhartTollemaxx and 8 others
If you did. you would know that I think jordan barrets dad looks retarded. If this is what you're implying here. we are of the same opinion.
Keeping crying for his folds

• JFL
Reactions: Kill_Jew
If you did. you would know that I think jordan barrets dad looks retarded. If this is what you're implying here. we are of the same opinion.
youre objectively wrong

• So Sad
Don't matter because HAIR.

Don't matter because HAIR.
In the case of good hair density + hairline you would be right. However even a bad/high hairline can look good with the aforementioned.
EEgursVW4AAmN5D.jpg

importantly good neurocranium shape leaves options for better haircuts where hair is shorter on the sides.
seid-jeff-image.jpg

I'm pretty sure chico's hairstylist is aware of this fact. Hence the reason why he always has long hair.
Francisco-Lachowski-Polaroids-02-620x857.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Vergil.is, Deleted member 7926, Deleted member 685 and 2 others
What about French PM Emmanuel Macron? His face overall is good but the top/neurocranium is out of proportion...

Optimal neurocranium for me is the one with an exit wound on the left side.

• Ugh..
What about French PM Emmanuel Macron? His face overall is good but the top/neurocranium is out of proportion...
The shape isn't horrible, just the size.
Emmanuel Macron in Tallinn Digital Summit Welcome dinner hosted by HE Donald Tusk Handshake
Emmanuel Macron in Tallinn Digital Summit Welcome dinner hosted by HE Donald Tusk Handshake

All I did here was use the resize tool.
good post. the prenatal testosterone morphs show this positive emphasis on the wide upper head as well.
Not sure which morph you're referring to. But this thread applies to both men and women. i.e.
XULuHToGckIUs2 T2We9klK0O9tHCMrSjU6WU2bpYAA

Last edited:
4HMDjgT.jpg

like this ?

how can i know mine without buzzcut ?