New cameras are worse than older ones?

Reformed

Reformed

Finished PCT
So I have an old iPhone 6 and the latest iPhone 14 pro max. I’m comparing each and the iPhone 6 is more accurate to what I see in person. The newer iphone makes the lighting look weird and the pics look more condensed. I only take selfies with my iPhone 6 bc it’s near identical to what I see in the mirror. It feels like these new iPhone cameras are just designed to take pics of cars or buildings rather than faces

• +1
Reactions: zura, Debetro and Deleted member 22918
So I have an old iPhone 6 and the latest iPhone 14 pro max. I’m comparing each and the iPhone 6 is more accurate to what I see in person. The newer iphone makes the lighting look weird and the pics look more condensed. I only take selfies with my iPhone 6 bc it’s near identical to what I see in the mirror. It feels like these new iPhone cameras are just designed to take pics of cars or buildings rather than faces
Have u tried with portrait mode or what it's called

I'm still using iphone se and it's alright

Sometimes I think that but I figured out why it just my new camera quality looks bad in trouble lighting but when I’m outside when the sun reflects me the quality isn’t bad so just be in good lighting most of the time it just the shit lighting.
lighting is important my face looks distorted sometimes and it isn’t just on camera it also irl like today I looked in the mirror the lighting was shitty my features look distorted and jawless was thinking about roping but yesterday the lighting wasn’t bad and the window was open the sun was out and I was able to see my face structure I have trouble eye sight and I have a problem in my eye where light doesn’t travel in my eyes correct so I have some hard time with the colors I have contacts for them I looked sub human when I put them on today

Last edited:
Turn on RAW and then edit in lightroom

• Woah
Reactions: owlofathena
Turn on RAW and then edit in lightroom
Can you actually shoot in RAW on iPhone 14. That's pretty crazy for a phone considering you wouldn't expect people to use a phone to shoot in RAW then convert to jpeg. Using DSLR is more appropriate.