New eye lightening method?

Just go blind so you don't have to see the hypergamy theory.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: KhatcodaiA3, arabcelxxx, enchanted_elixir and 12 others
Apparently beta blockers can cause iris depigmentation

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
we need this shit I'm not going to live with t50 my whole life I would look exotic af

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: KhatcodaiA3, becomingnearperfect, Deleted member 27987 and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: KhatcodaiA3, Deleted member 1901 and wonderwhy
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: arabcelxxx, hattrick, HerpDerpson and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: hattrick, looksseg, Deleted member 1901 and 1 other person
It’s literally a medication for glaucoma that’s been around for decades
Its a beta-blocker tho, it will slow down your heart rate and lower your blood pressure a bit overtime, something to keep in mind. I guess maybe mixing msm eye drops along with it could make it more efficient at lightening the iris.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and A23ghskung
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: hattrick, IWantToMax and Deleted member 29155
They theorized that it works by altering local prostaglandin concentrations.

So if we want a safer alternative, we need to find another drug that’s able to reduce prostaglandins concentration in the iris.

I wonder whether results are permanent or just temporary.

Its a beta-blocker tho, it will slow down your heart rate and lower your blood pressure a bit overtime, something to keep in mind. I guess maybe mixing msm eye drops along with it could make it more efficient at lightening the iris.
I’m not really aware of beta blockers side effects, are they that bad?

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali and looksseg

Last edited:
Both patients used it for close to 10 years, and there was a noticeable change but it dosent say they went from brown to complete blue. If there is a more potent version that produces results faster this could be big.

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali and IWantToMax
Both patients used it for close to 10 years, and there was a noticeable change but it dosent say they went from brown to complete blue. If there is a more potent version that produces results faster this could be big.
One patient had been using it twice daily for 5 years only.

Maybe msm could help produce results faster, but I’m not so sure, apparently beta blockers already have pretty good affinity to ocular melanin

Is there any other drugs that replicate its mechanism of action?

• +1
Reactions: hattrick
Also might not be applicable since both cases were in old men who have impaired melanin synthesis due to aging.

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali, hattrick and karpeltunnel
One good question is there is a graduation in lightening the eyes until blue, or it work like laser that it goes directly brown to blue, not being able to achieve light brown or hazel, for example

Are you willing to try, OP?

One good question is there is a graduation in lightening the eyes until blue, or it work like laser that it goes directly brown to blue, not being able to achieve light brown or hazel, for example

Are you willing to try, OP?
I’m not willing to try it yet, but I’m pretty sure we’re on the right route to find an actual eye lightening method.

We have to look more into prostaglandin inhibitors that bind to melanin.

Lipophilic prostaglandin inhibitors

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali, hattrick and looksseg

So if we want a safer alternative, we need to find another drug that’s able to reduce prostaglandins concentration in the iris.

Beta-blockers are used to reduce heart rate and blood pressure, in eye drop forms they would get less systemic ofc so this effect would be more subtle, but Im certain you should expect a little bit of hr and bp lowering over time, which would in most cases still be ok and since one could argue even for people with average heart rate and blood pressure that this could be a healthy side effect.

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
Beta-blockers are used to reduce heart rate and blood pressure, in eye drop forms they would get less systemic ofc so this effect would be more subtle, but Im certain you should expect a little bit of hr and bp lowering over time, which would in most cases still be ok and since one could argue even for people with average heart rate and blood pressure that this could be a healthy side effect.
I’ve just looked it up, it doesn’t seem to have any severe side effects, but requires RX where I live.

If anyone wants to try it, I’m pretty sure it’s safe, most common side effects are blurry vision, itchy eyes, redness and dryness.

Can systemic absorption be avoided?​

Systemic absorption can be significantly reduced by:1,3,6

• keeping the eyelid gently closed for 2–3 minutes after instilling drops
  • applying gentle pressure over the tear duct with a clean finger for 3 minutes after instillation
  • waiting at least 5–10 minutes between eye drops, if more than one drop is required.

• +1
Reactions: Senssei
Retarded

My grandfather uses this and his eyes went from t50 to A10

They don't look like this
Images 18

They look like this
IMG 20230606 185655 1

• JFL
Reactions: sub6manletnozygos
Apparently it can turn one’s eyes from brown to blue.

“We report on the case of a 68 year old man who, after 5 years of using exclusively levobunolol eye drops twice daily to both eyes, reported that the colour of both of his eyes was changing from brown to blue.”

From a separate artcle:
One anecdote is not enough for something like this

Eyes change over time and 5 years is plenty of time.

And being on these meds for 5 years when you don't need them could be a problem.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
One anecdote is not enough for something like this

Eyes change over time and 5 years is plenty of time.

And being on these meds for 5 years when you don't need them could be a problem.
Yes I agree one should not jump to conclusions. Maybe it was from something else. Maybe not everyone will have the same reaction. Still something pretty interesting, and should be investigated.

More bad advice there's a surgery for this

I think it disrupts tyrosinase and dopamine by occupying the beta receptors.

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax