New potential breakthrough on reversing baldness

mewingmaxxer

mewingmaxxer

Iron

2-deoxy-D-ribose (2dDR), a sugar molecule, was found to be 80%-90% as effective (study done on mice) as minoxidil in promoting hair growth and neovascularization in androgenic alopecia models, showing promise for alopecia treatment.

To explore this further, the scientists established a model of testosterone driven hair loss in mice - similar to the cause of pattern baldness in men. The team found that applying a small dose of the naturally occurring sugar helped to form new blood vessels, which led to hair regrowing.

The research we have done is very much early stage, but the results are promising and warrant further investigation. This could offer another approach to treating this condition which can affect men’s self-image and confidence.”

Also note that apperantly
2-deoxy-D-ribose is not a component of regular sugar (sucrose). It is a sugar derivative that differs from the regular sugars found in table sugar, glucose, or fructose. Instead, 2-deoxy-D-ribose is specifically found as a structural component of DNA, where it forms part of the sugar-phosphate backbone. In DNA, 2-deoxy-D-ribose lacks an oxygen atom compared to regular ribose, which is found in RNA.

If you're looking to obtain or use 2-deoxy-D-ribose, it is primarily found in biological systems, particularly in nucleotides of DNA. However, for commercial or therapeutic use, it would need to be sourced as a specific supplement or chemical compound from a supplier that deals with biochemicals, as it is not naturally abundant outside of its role in DNA.

What do you guys think?

• +1
Reactions: redfacccee, NateJacobs and NZb6Air
Finasteride exists

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular, truecel12 and mewingmaxxer
@redfacccee @Orc @Clavicular @pneumocystosis @Chintuck22 @LastHopeForNorman cool users or users who might benefit

• +1
Reactions: redfacccee and Chintuck22
r9 owns maldini

• JFL
Reactions: Kelly Oubre Jr, ItsOverLawg, mewingmaxxer and 1 other person
Finasteride exists
finasteride isn't strong enough to prevent hair loss forever, testosterone on it's own also rapes follicles but slower.

• +1
Reactions: mewingmaxxer, Clavicular and MA_ascender
finasteride isn't strong enough to prevent hair loss forever, testosterone on it's own also rapes follicles but slower.
I know it would be stupid to expect to have hair your whole life with some drugs if you didn't have good hair genes in the first place. Fin slows down hair loss enough to have hair as a middle aged man

• +1
Reactions: Rhinoplastyordie and SavageAstronaut
brutal. is RU the only real solution

I know it would be stupid to expect to have hair your whole life with some drugs if you didn't have good hair genes in the first place. Fin slows down hair loss enough to have hair as a middle aged man
to be honest hair doesn't matter that much anymore when you enter your 40s because all of your competition is gonna be bald or balding too.

• +1
Reactions: redfacccee, boss8055 and asdvek
brutal. is RU the only real solution
ru has some terrible anecdotal side effect reports including a guy that essentially gave himself a lung disorder that kills you within a few years unless you have a transplant.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: sb23, Clavicular and MA_ascender
ru has some terrible anecdotal side effect reports including a guy that essentially gave himself a lung disorder that kills you within a few years unless you have a transplant.
wtf. my grandpa was NW1 at 50 i suppose thats good right? my dad hasnt started thinning/balding yer

Eating carbohydrates causes balding

wtf. my grandpa was NW1 at 50 i suppose thats good right? my dad hasnt started thinning/balding yer
my father didn't start losing his hair until his 50's either.

(reddit server is currently fucked but read that later)

Eating carbohydrates causes balding
lions suffer from pattern balding and they're obligate carnivores.

• +1
Reactions: Rhinoplastyordie and NZb6Air
my father didn't start losing his hair until his 50's either.

(reddit server is currently fucked but read that later)

lions suffer from pattern balding and they're obligate carnivores.

I came to this conclusion a few months ago that the only non cope solution is a hair system

I came to this conclusion a few months ago that the only non cope solution is a hair system
I wouldn't feel comfortable with a wig glued to my head all day but that's because the autism makes me hyper sensitive to that kind of shit.

• +1
Reactions: sb23 and NZb6Air
I wouldn't feel comfortable with a wig glued to my head all day but that's because the autism makes me hyper sensitive to that kind of shit.
You don't even feel a good wig, according to the hundreds of reviews i saw and the maintenance is easier and less stressful than real hair

You don't even feel a good wig, according to the hundreds of reviews i saw and the maintenance is easier and less stressful than real hair
I sweat a lot due to my work.

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Or you could just take 0.5 mg of dut every day…..

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055 and NZb6Air

Also note that apperantly

What do you guys think?

Its not as potent ad minoxidil. Honestly from what i know this wont be anything usefull
What we are really waiting for is GT20029

interesting but the protocol to actually regrow hair works. low dose fin, minoxidil, microneedling, literally whats on my threads. good to stay on top of research but the miracle cure is perseverance through said protocol throughout time.. 6 months to around 2 years to see visible results. thank god my hairline is NW0 naturally :p

i havent actually looked at the study and would probably look for any flaws in the study first.

• +1
Reactions: mewingmaxxer
interesting but the protocol to actually regrow hair works. low dose fin, minoxidil, microneedling, literally whats on my threads. good to stay on top of research but the miracle cure is perseverance through said protocol throughout time.. 6 months to around 2 years to see visible results. thank god my hairline is NW0 naturally :p

i havent actually looked at the study and would probably look for any flaws in the study first.
yeah ofc just saw this and wanted to share

Testosterone dont rape the follicles

That sugar thing dont work, its usseless

Just again a treatment that is overhyped by the news and influencers that dont work

Yea it take 6 - 2 years to see full result

Might ass wel begin with the strongest treatment aka 0.5 mg dutasteride + 5 mg minoxidl

hes a vegan and takes 100 supplements a day to look like a vampire
That is called being committed, doing everything to reach the true goal (what for him is less aging)

The other health youtubers just try to sell you something + or make bad health claims with bad studies

The 2nd is pure jewish , the 1nd is pure dedication