New theory of harmony

Dastan

Dastan

Bronze
There is considerable debate regarding the topic of harmony in determining facial attractiveness, with some questioning its existence (me) or relevance as a key factor (me). The role of "facial averageness" in attractiveness is under the question too, (because if true in its raw form then in simple terms it means that MTN technically mogs CHAD, which is absurd).

While I do not claim to define "the absolute meaning of harmony" (obviously cos it's meaningless in any other way other than mine lol) I've made an interesting observation, unlike the current understanding (0) and use of the term "harmony" (commonly as an argument to delude users into believing in their random point of view without any actual reasoning behind).

It is called "Dastan Harmony" and it explains and emerges from two VAGUE concepts (until now):
  • Regular harmony (like balance, unity, and coherence, NOT muh facial harmony)
  • Facial averageness

This theory of harmony exhibits qualities similar to those of an emergent property. Whereas systems such as the PSL (or any other rating systems) evaluate attractiveness based on the sum of individual ratings of facial features and their relative "weights" (or even worse the unreasonable use of the standard "harmony" I mentioned earlier), dastan harmony goes 5 steps further. It's determined by the congruence of individual feature ratings in relation to the overall average total facial attractiveness rating of a person (relative facial averageness aspect).

Practical example:

Consider two HTNs (same PSL rating). The first has low harmony, characterized by facial features with disparate ratings: for example, 4/10 for the eye area, 8/10 for the lower third of the face, 6/10 for facial leanness, 5/10 for the nose, 9/10 for the neck, and 3/10 for the eyebrows. In contrast, the second individual demonstrates higher harmony, with more consistent feature ratings: 6/10 for the eye area, 5/10 for the lower third, and 6/10 for facial leanness and etc.

Implications:
According to this theory, the individual with higher dastan harmony will be perceived as significantly more attractive, even though his total rating is equivalent to that of the low-harmony individual. The reason for this lies in the higher threshold for low-rated features in the harmonious individual, leading to a perception of greater flawlessness, rather than necessarily being seen as more attractive. Conversely, excessive fluctuations in ratings of certain facial features absorbs all the attention to flaws (low relative ratings) and impacts the total rating greater than just the relative "weight" of that particular facial feature to other facial features (like for example even if an x feature isn't that important in absolute terms, its relative low rating (to total facial rating) becomes really important).

Other relevant insights of dastan harmony theory:
The lower your certain facial features ratings (flaws) the more relative negative "weight" they gain (over the imaginable limits) in total facial rating.

And finally I'm 100% certain ill be accused of ChatGPT use like before (cos of how technical this thread is + cos of particularly low intelligence users):

Last edited:
simple terms it means that MTN technically mogs CHAD, which is absurd
that's not what it means lol averageness means if longest nose possible is 10 and shortest nose possible is 1, then 4-6 is ideal

will not read further

• +1
Reactions: Delonier and Amphisbaena
harmony= the extent of your ratios and features complimenting each other.
It's why giving Chico hunter eyes looks uncanny, because no other eye area compliments his other features/ratios more than his own eye area

that's not what it means lol averageness means if longest nose possible is 10 and shortest nose possible is 1, then 4-6 is ideal

will not read further
Alright, and what about angular lower third, for example?

Explain this:
The average jawline is soft and round.
So according to your reasoning, an "mtn" tier jaw (soft and round) mogs "chad" tier jaw (angular and NOT average) technically speaking.
(then explain eyes pfl, uee and ct, facial leanness, zygomatic prominence, eye color, ramus length, etc.)