No free will/nihilism/death: the holy trinity

vanillaicecream

vanillaicecream

🦊
Whenever I feel bad, I just think about how I'm a mere puppet to prior causes outside my control, the fact that nothing ultimately matters and there's no inherent purpose to life, and that there will be eternal oblivion, and then I feel at peace and accept things for how they are

@_MVP_
@Manletmachine
@vanillaicecream

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: <6PSLcel, _MVP_, Deleted member 20399 and 1 other person
When you think that you have no control in your life, you are destined to be a loser. Take control of your life.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel and lowtiernormiechad
IMG 1600

When you think that you have no control in your life, you are destined to be a loser. Take control of your life.
There was never any other possibility, I would need to have gone through different life experiences and have a different brain wiring to have it any other way. If I'm not "taking control" (an illusion either way) it's because there was never any other possibility for me

• +1
Reactions: _MVP_ and Deleted member 20399
Whenever I feel bad, I just think about how I'm a mere puppet to prior causes outside my control, the fact that nothing ultimately matters and there's no inherent purpose to life
True

there will be eternal oblivion
Questionable. It's not 100% proven in either way but empirical evidence strongly suggests that brain activity is not what causes consciousness, unfortunately, or fortunately, depends on what you prefer.

Anesthetic drugs increase brain activity. Metabolically the brain under anesthesia is further away from a state in which the dead brain is than in a normal sober waking state, and the brain in a normal sober waking state is further away from the dead brain than the brain under LSD, psilocybin or DMT.

True

Questionable. It's not 100% proven in either way but empirical evidence strongly suggests that brain activity is not what causes consciousness, unfortunately, or fortunately, depends on what you prefer.

Anesthetic drugs increase brain activity. Metabolically the brain under anesthesia is further away from a state in which the dead brain is than in a normal sober waking state, and the brain in a normal sober waking state is further away from the dead brain than the brain under LSD, psilocybin or DMT.
I'm not sure those findings would necessarily suggest that consciousness is not a emergent property of the brain. There are many observations like this but neuroscience has never concluded that they mean consciousness could be separate from the brain, that's the interpretation of people who want to believe this.

these statements don't mean anything.

neuroscience has never concluded that they mean consciousness could be separate from the brain
Neuroscience has never proven the existence of brains or other people beyond my mind/consciousness, that hypothesis (that they do exist beyond/separate from my consciousness) is unfalsifiable. Before you call me crazy, watch your bias, do you actually want to be scientific or just cherry-pick when and how much you want to be scientific?

I'm not sure those findings would necessarily suggest that consciousness is not a emergent property of the brain
This is counter-intuitive from a materialist perspective since, according to materialism, consciousness is brain activity (a totally inactive brain is, after all, a dead and unconscious brain under materialism). Physicalism/materialism also makes more assumptions to explain reality than necessary, which is not in line with Occam's razor.

I use the Internet to cope and now you remind me of that. Ropemaxxing:love::feelswhy:

Why are you back?

There was never any other possibility, I would need to have gone through different life experiences and have a different brain wiring to have it any other way. If I'm not "taking control" (an illusion either way) it's because there was never any other possibility for me
Unless you do take control then not taking control was never a possibility.

Mf tagged himself ☠️

• JFL
Reactions: vanillaicecream
Its true, but If you were on my IQ Level u would think certain additional Things entangling this i might Share in the future

No thinking I have free will for my subhuman face