No motivation to continue through with CS Degree

ZoomerSpicoid415

ZoomerSpicoid415

Silver
In my final semester for CS. Don't know how to code from scratch, have no projects, no internships. Failed my exam for Computer Architecture and Im on the hot seat with the school. Not sure how to get motivation to come back. Money and career is going to be the only thing I can cope with. How can I force myself to go through with it

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: sudanguy, Offensive Bias, Kamui and 1 other person
as in freshman year of ur degree or? I'm doing cs too bro, imposter syndrome is a big thing in our course, just keep on going and try to make your own small projects, which can sometimes scale up.

As a certain person one said, you dont improve by doing a project which you already know, but diving into one without an idea how to make it.

STEM is modern-day slavery. Imagine wasting tens of thousands of dollars on kike worker drone training programs, just so that you will end up doing 8 hours of an autistic task for the next 40 years of your life, only for Mr. Shekelstein to be rewarded more for your hard work.

• +1
Reactions: russiancelreturns, flxsh, Deleted member 21048 and 5 others
In my final semester for CS. Don't know how to code from scratch, have no projects, no internships. Failed my exam for Computer Architecture and Im on the hot seat with the school. Not sure how to get motivation to come back. Money and career is going to be the only thing I can cope with. How can I force myself to go through with it
in a cs career is practically mandatory to learn all the complex useful shit by yourself

most of unis wont even properly teach you how to code

I’m sure you can turn your life around, if money and career stability is the only thing fuelling your passion for CS, then I’m not sure if it’s the right career for you, it can be a good thing to only do CS for the money opportunities however most CS students build a natural passion for the course the more they delve into it, if this isn’t the case for you, you may be able to request your tuition fees back and start a new course, it would’ve been for nothing but if you have no enthusiasm for the course, you won’t enjoy the career path/curriculum either

Or, you could always try build love for CS by getting up and actually doing the work, as @pagodagu said, Imposter Syndrome is real and is what may be the reason for why you’re not performing as well as you can be, you can start by finding virtual internships for experience, independent startups/projects and start learning the language you need to pass the final semester

Good luck!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Offensive Bias, Elvisandreaa and 1 other person
you need to do projects asap, does your uni have alot of resources?

you need to do projects asap, does your uni have alot of resources?
Nope, Nothing. I got money to survive for maybe a year so I can wait a bit after graduating. Plan is to stack projects after graduation and then mass apply

Nope, Nothing. I got money to survive for maybe a year so I can wait a bit after graduating. Plan is to stack projects after graduation and then mass apply
i think getting an internship is a necessity for a job, but the degree and projects are also important. Ur uni seriously didnt have a co-op program?? wtf type of dumpster uni did you go to

I have no motivation either.

Nigga how the FUCK did you manage to pass the other semesters without knowing how to code at all 💀

• JFL
Reactions: Offensive Bias, NoReedemingFeature and Deleted member 55314
Should i go into CS as well or look for something else
I want a career where i make like 150k+ but dont work too fucking hard

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: User28823 and Kamui
Should i go into CS as well or look for something else
I want a career where i make like 150k+ but dont work too fucking hard
Look for something else

If you aren’t willing to study and work hard you will get chewed up, spat out, and shat on before the semester even ends

I’m currently in CS and if you miss 1 lecture and aren’t actively trying to do shit outside of the class room you’re gonna be lost af

• +1
Reactions: Offensive Bias and Deleted member 55314
Military probably

this is probably the worst year since pre covid, i still found internships but postings are like 4x less for specialized swe roles

also you have to look for full time jobs, way easier to get full time then internships in all cases because there are more openings and less applicants

ur in ur final semester and u have no projects, no internships, and can't code from scratch?

yep, its over.

• +1
Reactions: Kamui and Deleted member 45760
STEM is modern-day slavery. Imagine wasting tens of thousands of dollars on kike worker drone training programs, just so that you will end up doing 8 hours of an autistic task for the next 40 years of your life, only for Mr. Shekelstein to be rewarded more for your hard work.
the trick is to get a remote job so u actually only do 30 mins of work a day

ur in ur final semester and u have no projects, no internships, and can't code from scratch?

yep, its over.
was basically my brother still found a job but this was a year ago, this year was worse it seems

Look for something else

If you aren’t willing to study and work hard you will get chewed up, spat out, and shat on before the semester even ends

I’m currently in CS and if you miss 1 lecture and aren’t actively trying to do shit outside of the class room you’re gonna be lost af
I have already started learning python unprompted
However the listening and learning process is super boring
But when i get to the problem solving and putting what i learned to work part i genuinely enjoy it a lot
So im not sure if its right for me

• +1
Reactions: Kamui
was basically my brother still found a job but this was a year ago, this year was worse it seems
in this market + his lack of motivation, its over.

• So Sad
Reactions: gooner23
I have already started learning python unprompted
However the listening and learning process is super boring
But when i get to the problem solving and putting what i learned to work part i genuinely enjoy it a lot
So im not sure if its right for me
How long have you been doing it? I major in CS and about to go into my 2nd semester and I’m pretty sure this is the major I wanna do, a lot of the niggas in my class dropped out and we’re done to like 3/4 of the students we had since the class started, I’d say try to do as much as you can for 8 months to see how much you can enjoy it then make the decision

Honestly unless you’re either high IQ, rich, good connections, or just get really lucky there’s no way you’re gonna make a shit ton of money without putting in the work and sitting on your ass, some niggas are just born with what it takes to win, others have to work for it, and other niggas will just never get it at all

How long have you been doing it? I major in CS and about to go into my 2nd semester and I’m pretty sure this is the major I wanna do, a lot of the niggas in my class dropped out and we’re done to like 3/4 of the students we had since the class started, I’d say try to do as much as you can for 8 months to see how much you can enjoy it then make the decision

Honestly unless you’re either high IQ, rich, good connections, or just get really lucky there’s no way you’re gonna make a shit ton of money without putting in the work and sitting on your ass, some niggas are just born with what it takes to win, others have to work for it, and other niggas will just never get it at all
Ive been learning for like 5-6 months and i just find listening to a teacher or tutorial boring as shit
I am above the curve iq wise and my family is pretty well off
I also go to the top high school in my region so i have better chances than most to get into top CS programs in college and then in uni

• +1
Ive been learning for like 5-6 months and i just find listening to a teacher or tutorial boring as shit
I am above the curve iq wise and my family is pretty well off
I also go to the top high school in my region so i have better chances than most to get into top CS programs in college and then in uni
Ye at your stage then I’d just say go for it, if it’s your first semester you’ll already be well off compared to the other niggas who’re just starting to learn it, also if you find the lecture shit boring just look for better resources online, I don’t find listening to some boring ass dead pan pajeet explaining shit interesting either

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 55314

back in 2020 could've done the bare minimum and gotten faang internships tbh, i got an amazon offer my sophmore year with only one internship freshman year, have to lie about the grad date tho

• +1

back in 2020 could've done the bare minimum and gotten faang internships tbh, i got an amazon offer my sophmore year with only one internship freshman year, have to lie about the grad date tho
Im trying to get an internship this summer to build up my portfolio, wish me luck mane

• +1
Reactions: gooner23
Nigga how the FUCK did you manage to pass the other semesters without knowing how to code at all 💀
Decent enough knowledge but not enough to pass most technical interviews

Look for something else

Been finessing my way thru, now in my last yr w 0 knowledge and relying on chatgpt 4 and memorising past exam papers fml

• JFL
Been finessing my way thru, now in my last yr w 0 knowledge and relying on chatgpt 4 and memorising past exam papers fml
You’re probably gonna be fucked once you get a job if you don’t have any good coding knowledge

which place? india or US or smthn

You’re probably gonna be fucked once you get a job if you don’t have any good coding knowledge
Ye probs but I can learn the mern stack in udner a year and just leverage my way into some web job

• +1