Nose bridge and IPD

D

Deleted member 5393

Kraken
Does wide nose bridges make your IPD look lower and vice versa?

heard several people claim the opposite

• +1
Reactions: thecel and forwardgrowth
wide nosebridge makes ipd higher

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5393 and Hector
If your nasion isn’t defined then your IPD won’t look that low. Not that it matters if your IPD is subhuman tier since it would look anyways.
4EF98B4D 97E0 452A 8B11 7CB228F05618

If your nasion isn’t defined then your IPD won’t look that low. Not that it matters if your IPD is subhuman tier since it would look anyways.
View attachment 390035
If the nasal bridge is already defined, will a wider nasal bridge make your IPD look lower?

If the nasal bridge is already defined, will a wider nasal bridge make your IPD look lower?
No. You need to have a flat nose aka no nose bridge like the morphs shown in the first reply to give the illusion of a wider IPD.
yes, the distance between eye sockets is influenced by nosebridge.
The distance between eye sockets has nothing to do with the nose bridge. A flat nose can give the illusion of a wider IPD, not make your IPD wider.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 3202, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 3043 and 1 other person
the wider the nasal bridge is, the wider the ipd will look like.
the more far away are the inner part of the eyebrows, the wider the ipd will look like.

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
the more far away are the inner part of the eyebrows, the wider the ipd will look like.
Then why does it say in the ipd bible that wider noses makes your IPD lower :S
”A wider, more defined nasion and nasal bridge will automatically "bring the eyes" closer together.”

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202 and CopeTilliRope
If you mean dorsum nasi by nose bridge then yes, wider it is lower the IPD looks

If you mean dorsum nasi by nose bridge then yes, wider it is lower the IPD looks
Can anyone confirm this

almost seems like a wider nose will make IPD wider but not 100% certain.

• +1
Reactions: CopeTilliRope
So what side are you on?

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
A narrow nose bridge seems to look better on a wide ipd than a wider bridge

So what side are you on?
My issue is the nose tip, thankfully. above average nosebridge, with 68mm ipd. Basically, Gandy eye bone placement, identically. Similar nose tip issue too, a bit worse.

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
My issue is the nose tip, thankfully. above average nosebridge, with 68mm ipd. Basically, Gandy eye bone placement, identically. Similar nose tip issue too, a bit worse.
So you're Gandymaxxing then?

How do you measure IPD? Measuring tape between pupils would do?

• +1
So you're Gandymaxxing then?

How do you measure IPD? Measuring tape between pupils would do?
More or less, but i can't totally because i have the exact lower third as Opry - i autism maxxed this shit, same gonial angle, same long mandible, big ass square chin, that prevent you to have defined sharp gonion, despite that i have longer ramus.
One mm ipd lower or higher, i would've been good for the rope.
I hate my lips also because not joker alike wideness, but every fucking doc i consult bluepill my ass.

I measured it with a tape like you said, at least 20 times, then also measured it with the pupill method with paint - see threads in that regard -, and with the ratios wise in an ID pic - because you can do that on paint to measure midface ratio.
And always got 68 to 69mm ipd.

The shit part with such wide face, is that your soft features appear narrower.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Soalian
More or less, but i can't totally because i have the exact lower third as Opry - i autism maxxed this shit, same gonial angle, same long mandible, big ass square chin, that prevent you to have defined sharp gonion, despite that i have longer ramus.
One mm ipd lower or higher, i would've been good for the rope.
I hate my lips also because not joker alike wideness, but every fucking doc i consult bluepill my ass.

I measured it with a tape like you said, at least 20 times, then also measured it with the pupill method with paint - see threads in that regard -, and with the ratios wise in an ID pic - because you can do that on paint to to measure midface ratio.
And always got 68 to 69mm ipd.

The shit part with such wide face, is that your soft features appear narrower.
I guess you must also be low facial body fat, to make everything work?

Fuark, just measured IPD with tape, got 66mm, but yes, I need to consider the bridge problem at nasion, I'm also trimming eyebrows at the middle, and letting them grow at the outer edges, fwiw.

Anything for wider IPD (up to a point).

• +1
I guess you must also be low facial body fat, to make everything work?

Fuark, just measured IPD with tape, got 66mm, but yes, I need to consider the bridge problem at nasion, I'm also trimming eyebrows at the middle, and letting them grow at the outer edges, fwiw.

Anything for wider IPD (up to a point).
Yes, totally, when you have wide face like me. I should HAVE NEVER STARTED chewing. My face at high bodyfat is a mess, despite having a very tall face - without this IPD and chin i would've been good for the long midface death sentence.

These two are good to mitigate lond IPD illusion.
You want to give the illusion to not have a long midface/more compact, right?

Then i've seen that buccal fat removal can help in giving the illusion of a more compact midface. It's all about the illusion in motion.
You have to also max out your eyelashes, vaseline + castor oil did wonder to me.
Eventually, you can get chin fillers/get a taller lower third to give the illusion of a more compact midface/longer IPD.
That's basically all it is possible to do. Never go for widening zygos, because it will fuck your ES ratio and give an illusion of narrower IPD.
People who advice that for long midfacels, do that because usually the longer the midface, the narrower it is. it's like stretching.
But, this works more if you have already a wide IPD and long midface despite that. Otherwise it will just fuck up your ES ratio and thus IPD.

Hope it makes sense, tell me if i have to explain again, i'm a bit tired so i repeat some sentences.

• +1
Reactions: dadfa
Nose bridge width determines spacing of the eye sockets. People with hypertelorism have very wide nasal bridges.

Black people typically have wider nasal bridges and thus wider set eyes:

Wide nasal bridge is also a male dimorphic trait.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Need2Ascend and Soalian
Yes, totally, when you have wide face like me. I should HAVE NEVER STARTED chewing. My face at high bodyfat is a mess, despite having a very tall face - without this IPD and chin i would've been good for the long midface death sentence.

These two are good to mitigate lond IPD illusion.
You want to give the illusion to not have a long midface/more compact, right?

Then i've seen that buccal fat removal can help in giving the illusion of a more compact midface. It's all about the illusion in motion.
You have to also max out your eyelashes, vaseline + castor oil did wonder to me.
Eventually, you can get chin fillers/get a taller lower third to give the illusion of a more compact midface/longer IPD.
That's basically all it is possible to do. Never go for widening zygos, because it will fuck your ES ratio and give an illusion of narrower IPD.
People who advice that for long midfacels, do that because usually the longer the midface, the narrower it is. it's like stretching.
But, this works more if you have already a wide IPD and long midface despite that. Otherwise it will just fuck up your ES ratio and thus IPD.

Hope it makes sense, tell me if i have to explain again, i'm a bit tired so i repeat some sentences.
But chewing should develop your masseters and not affect fat?

Thing with narrowing a wide-ish nose bridge, I fear it will give even more verticality to my midface, making it look like even longer.

• +1
But chewing should develop your masseters and not affect fat?

Thing with narrowing a wide-ish nose bridge, I fear it will give even more verticality to my midface, making it look like even longer.
It gives a bloated look at high bodyfat. Chewing before beeing at least 12/100 bf is a very bad idea aesthically wise.

The aesthetic gain is non negligeable. I mean, i don't see you having a long midface. But your nose bridge for sure lower your appeal.
You can just go for an in between if you'r afraid, but i genuinely believe it will only ascend you.

Nose bridge width determines spacing of the eye sockets. People with hypertelorism have very wide nasal bridges.
View attachment 897357
Black people typically have wider nasal bridges and thus wider set eyes:

View attachment 897362
Wide nasal bridge is also a male dimorphic trait.
What do you think about the theory that when MSE widens the nose width slightly(we are talking about 1-2mm), over time intercanthal distance will increase accordingly aswell?(could potentially take some time). Since facial bones are remodelling constantly, and ICD and nose width are directly correlated

What do you think about the theory that when MSE widens the nose width slightly(we are talking about 1-2mm), over time intercanthal distance will increase accordingly aswell?(could potentially take some time). Since facial bones are remodelling constantly, and ICD and nose width are directly correlated
As far as I know, MSE slightly widens the nasal cavity or aperture, not the bridge. This does not affect eye spacing. It will affect width of the nasal alar or nostrils.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Need2Ascend
I know people who got MSE and measured before and afters and got 1mm of IPD increase. ThIPD increase is a plus but not really noticeable. If you are an IPD cell MSE won't save you.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
I know people who got MSE and measured before and afters and got 1mm of IPD increase. ThIPD increase is a plus but not really noticeable. If you are an IPD cell MSE won't save you.
Yea I know, I got MSE myself, but there is not much about the longterm effects of it