Nose Wrinkle Theory/Wrinkling Theory

Myme

Myme

Iron
In here, we'll examine how your nose length and overall harmony and proportion can be drastically changed not by your nose length itself, but by wrinkling. I'm sure you're all familiar with contouring.

8QdfACy.jpg

The same principle applies here:
Your nose wrinkle & shadowing will psychologically define how long your nose is perceived to be. Let's look at Brooke Shields and her young supermodel face:

Ho9Yz9Z.png

She doesn't have nose wrinkles at this stage, but you can see by the shadowing (created by her eyebrow hair and soft tissue placement along with undamaged skin) makes her nose look really small, appropriate sized and cute. Now, looking at her side profile:

IDiT51b.png

Well, looks good so far. Nice facial development, not "perfect" but nice. However, it looks like her supraorbital ridge is not THAT big and it's just her skin (glabella) keeping things looking good. However, as she ages..uh-oh..

gishWuI.png

You can see the wrinkling come in and her facial harmony being affected, because she has a wrinkle that joins together at the top. Now, let's look at another example of an older person with good wrinkles:

i4SBihY.png

Look at David Gandy's nose wrinkle placement and how it coincides with the lines used for this FWHR measurement (which is quite close to the mathematical golden ratio in his case). Here's another comparison showing his real self on the left and an edited version on the right:

PmlX0ny.png

Ideally, you wouldn't have any noticeable wrinkles unless you are making some kind of facial expression or are an older person, but the wrinkle formation itself is important.

Vertical wrinkles at the top= good
Horizontal wrinkle at the top= bad

Horizontal wrinkle at the bottom= good

The more tissue you have, the more the top lines 'diverge', giving a vertical top wrinkle and a wrinkle at the bottom. If you don't have enough tissue, those top lines will 'converge', changing how your nose appears. There are several factors that can affect this, such as acne scarring forming wrinkle paths, HGH growing your browbone, your forward growth that changes how your maxilla and your nose bone connect to your brow ridge, etc.

One final factor:

0pSHwlm.jpg

As you can see Ben Askren on the right, he has some pretty insane aesthetics and bone growth, forward growth, etc but his nose is quite big, giving him the overall "Greek statue" look where his brow and nose connect without any significant depression (basically meaning he has no glabella), as such giving him bad nose wrinkling. I'm sure this is a look some of you will find acceptable, but myself being someone with a large nose and not enough browbone, I here offer you a major explanation as to how someone with such remarkable facial growth can look subpar in terms of aesthetics.

8UTe3m3.png

In conclusion, if you seem to have a problematic 'converging line' at the top of your brow bone, then you probably are deficient in one of the areas mentioned previously, leading to a weak brow ridge. I suggest you hardmew (if you believe in it) and take steps to improve your wrinkle formation paths (from scarring, etc) and therefore wrinkling. At the time of writing, I have, through hardmewing and fasting (for skin; I used to have bad acne and thus scarring on my glabella), improven my wrinkling somewhat. I was unfortunately one of those people with merely a converging top wrinkle, but now I have a bottom wrinkle and my top wrinkles are getting less stable (paths aren't as set anymore). I hope this was somewhat helpful for some.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Deleted member 3162 and Deleted member 2756
Legit, very true.

It's called a low nasion.

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd
good thread

High iq thread

what do u mean by this

tl dr plz

• +1
Reactions: je3oe
In here, we'll examine how your nose length and overall harmony and proportion can be drastically changed not by your nose length itself, but by wrinkling. I'm sure you're all familiar with contouring.

8QdfACy.jpg

The same principle applies here:
Your nose wrinkle & shadowing will psychologically define how long your nose is perceived to be. Let's look at Brooke Shields and her young supermodel face:

Ho9Yz9Z.png

She doesn't have nose wrinkles at this stage, but you can see by the shadowing (created by her eyebrow hair and soft tissue placement along with undamaged skin) makes her nose look really small, appropriate sized and cute. Now, looking at her side profile:

IDiT51b.png

Well, looks good so far. Nice facial development, not "perfect" but nice. However, it looks like her supraorbital ridge is not THAT big and it's just her skin (glabella) keeping things looking good. However, as she ages..uh-oh..

gishWuI.png

You can see the wrinkling come in and her facial harmony being affected, because she has a wrinkle that joins together at the top. Now, let's look at another example of an older person with good wrinkles:

i4SBihY.png

Look at David Gandy's nose wrinkle placement and how it coincides with the lines used for this FWHR measurement (which is quite close to the mathematical golden ratio in his case). Here's another comparison showing his real self on the left and an edited version on the right:

PmlX0ny.png

Ideally, you wouldn't have any noticeable wrinkles unless you are making some kind of facial expression or are an older person, but the wrinkle formation itself is important.

Vertical wrinkles at the top= good
Horizontal wrinkle at the top= bad

The more tissue you have, the more the top lines 'diverge', giving a vertical top wrinkle and a wrinkle at the bottom. If you don't have enough tissue, those top lines will 'converge', changing how your nose appears. There are several factors that can affect this, such as acne scarring forming wrinkle paths, HGH growing your browbone, your forward growth that changes how your maxilla and your nose bone connect to your brow ridge, etc.

One final factor:

0pSHwlm.jpg

As you can see Ben Askren on the right, he has some pretty insane aesthetics and bone growth, forward growth, etc but his nose is quite big, giving him the overall "Greek statue" look where his brow and nose connect without any significant depression (basically meaning he has no glabella), as such giving him bad nose wrinkling. I'm sure this is a look some of you will find acceptable, but myself being someone with a large nose and not enough browbone, I here offer you a major explanation as to how someone with such remarkable facial growth can look subpar in terms of aesthetics.

8UTe3m3.png

In conclusion, if you seem to have a problematic 'converging line' at the top of your brow bone, then you probably are deficient in one of the areas mentioned previously, leading to a weak brow ridge. I suggest you hardmew (if you believe in it) and take steps to improve your wrinkle formation paths (from scarring, etc) and therefore wrinkling. At the time of writing, I have, through hardmewing and fasting (for skin; I used to have bad acne and thus scarring on my glabella), improven my wrinkling somewhat. I was unfortunately one of those people with merely a converging top wrinkle, but now I have a bottom wrinkle and my top wrinkles are getting less stable (paths aren't as set anymore). I hope this was somewhat helpful for some.
thats not nose wrinkle dude holy fuck all this thread for nothing, its simple where the top of the nose is positioned because that affects miface lenght. Nothing psychological.