Notes on the importance of upper nose bridge and glabella for eye aesthetics

D

Deleted member 18582

Poet laureate of the deep state
I find that a feature of a lot of good eye areas, not necessarily all, is a laterally wide glabella, and ideally one that tapers more dramatically as the nose bridge moves into the brow. It does not even have to necessarily be anteriorly projected. By extension, this would all be more likely to happen on people with a wider nose in general.

This seems to be an effect of the upper nose bridge beginning to merge with the brow at a point lower down on the nose bridge. I shall baptize this point the plane of glabellar expansion. Any work done to the brow and supraorbital rims must consider the way it will harmonize with the glabella and plane of glabellar expansion.

For example, the guy pictured below is an extreme example of a wide glabella, which is even more necessary in his case given his wide IPD. In fact, it is what saves his wide IPD, since if his glabella was narrow you would perceive more space between the eyes than there actually is.

From the profile view, I might add, his browbone is entirely flat, no bump at all.

Graz1

The red lines in the below pic is what I am referring to. The green lines would represent a worse glabella shape. You can see with the red lines, the glabella begins expanding outwards more towards the bottom of the eyes, whereas with the green lines, the glabella begins expanding outwards at the middle of the eye. If he had the green lines, he would have less positive hooding and otherwise lose a lot of harmony.

Graz2

The reason a lot of supraorbital implants end up unsatisfying is that they leave this area untouched. This accounts for the frequent complaint that they produce an unnatural horizontalness. In the implants below, for instance, remedying this would amount to augmenting some part of the red area. Not only on the front of the glabella, but basically alongside the upper nose bridge. A

In general, a lower brow would mean a lower plane of glabellar expansion, and a lower brow would mean more hooded eyes. The lateral edges of the implant below should also not be as low. You want the implant to feel almost like it's "rotating" your supraorbital rims inward, so that they are lowest towards the glabella rather than away from it.

Z11

As we can see, this discussion of what makes a good eye area returns, rather unexpectedly, to one thing: having a nose wide enough for your face. In order to have no UEE, you need to have a low brow. In order to have that, you need a low plane of glabellar expansion. In order to have that, you need a wide nose bridge. Those who have a low brow but a higher plane of glabellar expansion risk having negative hooding; those who arrive surgically at a low brow but still have a high plane of glabellar expansion risk looking unnatural.

Attachments

• z11.jpg
    z11.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Interested, angelo and 5 others
avatar-blogroll2-1669090391194.jpg

@trumpwillwin

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, trumpwillwin and Emiqrox
@longjohnmong I think this is part of what you are getting at when you refer to your avi's supraorbitals.

mirin high IQ

do you rate bro? i don’t need a 1-10 just some advice on possible routes i can take surgery wise, i’ll throw some money your way for it too.

Last edited:
Doesnt look better than a neutral one

@longjohnmong I think this is part of what you are getting at when you refer to your avi's supraorbitals.
Yea everyone tends to get confused with the anatomy of the "browridge".

it's a blanket term that people use, but all that matters for eye aesthetics is supraorbitals, glabella, infraorbital, and lateral orbitals.

Good maxilla=good infraorbitals and lateral orbitals usually

Just don't be asian=Average supraorbitals, average glabella, and average nasal projection

Moggers=Above average glabella and nasal projection/good infraorbitals, and average supraorbitals with good fat pads.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18582
I'm yet to see a mf get that though

hopefully someday
Yeah it seems in any case this area is not included in what people typically think of as the orbitals so is neglected for eye aesthetics even if evidently a supraorbital implant can extend along this area. That implant you posted looks better but still quite horizontal along the rest of the rim. I think it might well be that a lot of people that think they have bad supras just have too narrow a glabella. Even a little here could probably go a long way with hooding.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3105
It's funny that you would bring this up because I was just fucking around with your avi to make a similar point. I was gonna say this in that other thread:

I just looked at a bunch of skulls on Alfaro's youtube and came to this same conclusion.

A straight browridge is an illusion created by glabella, eyebrows, and wide orbitals. Like on this dude, the part that looks straight it quite a bit above the inner edge of the supraorbital. My guess is that the inner contour of the orbital doesn't really matter that much.

Alfaro's youtube is a great resource for skulls.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18582
Yea everyone tends to get confused with the anatomy of the "browridge".

it's a blanket term that people use, but all that matters for eye aesthetics is supraorbitals, glabella, infraorbital, and lateral orbitals.

Good maxilla=good infraorbitals and lateral orbitals usually

Just don't be asian=Average supraorbitals, average glabella, and average nasal projection

Moggers=Above average glabella and nasal projection/good infraorbitals, and average supraorbitals with good fat pads.
I absolutely hate the term brow. It means something different to everyone. It can mean your entire forehead, supraorbitals, or eyebrows depending on who you ask.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3105
Who else would it be :dafuckfeels:
I don't know, man. I thought maybe there was some super secret shit.

But the dude who had the livestreamed surgery with him had glabella, and I know another dude who had it. He's still swollen, but so far it looks fantastic.

any more examples of people with this ideal aesthetic glabella region/orbital contour?

That guys brows aren't even low tho. They're mid set brows

I find that a feature of a lot of good eye areas, not necessarily all, is a laterally wide glabella, and ideally one that tapers more dramatically as the nose bridge moves into the brow. It does not even have to necessarily be anteriorly projected. By extension, this would all be more likely to happen on people with a wider nose in general.

This seems to be an effect of the upper nose bridge beginning to merge with the brow at a point lower down on the nose bridge. I shall baptize this point the plane of glabellar expansion. Any work done to the brow and supraorbital rims must consider the way it will harmonize with the glabella and plane of glabellar expansion.

For example, the guy pictured below is an extreme example of a wide glabella, which is even more necessary in his case given his wide IPD. In fact, it is what saves his wide IPD, since if his glabella was narrow you would perceive more space between the eyes than there actually is.

From the profile view, I might add, his browbone is entirely flat, no bump at all.

View attachment 2342779

The red lines in the below pic is what I am referring to. The green lines would represent a worse glabella shape. You can see with the red lines, the glabella begins expanding outwards more towards the bottom of the eyes, whereas with the green lines, the glabella begins expanding outwards at the middle of the eye. If he had the green lines, he would have less positive hooding and otherwise lose a lot of harmony.

View attachment 2342780

The reason a lot of supraorbital implants end up unsatisfying is that they leave this area untouched. This accounts for the frequent complaint that they produce an unnatural horizontalness. In the implants below, for instance, remedying this would amount to augmenting some part of the red area. Not only on the front of the glabella, but basically alongside the upper nose bridge. A

In general, a lower brow would mean a lower plane of glabellar expansion, and a lower brow would mean more hooded eyes. The lateral edges of the implant below should also not be as low. You want the implant to feel almost like it's "rotating" your supraorbital rims inward, so that they are lowest towards the glabella rather than away from it.

View attachment 2342772

As we can see, this discussion of what makes a good eye area returns, rather unexpectedly, to one thing: having a nose wide enough for your face. In order to have no UEE, you need to have a low brow. In order to have that, you need a low plane of glabellar expansion. In order to have that, you need a wide nose bridge. Those who have a low brow but a higher plane of glabellar expansion risk having negative hooding; those who arrive surgically at a low brow but still have a high plane of glabellar expansion risk looking unnatural.

Attachments

• 225px-MerleDixon.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 0