noting practical neuroscience

noobs

noobs

professional gambler
i might start posting my notes on things while reading i find useful when studying topics i find useful

Preamble

Neuroplasticity is how easily you brain can change and adapt, which includes neurogenesis, (new neurons forming in the brain) connections weakening in the brain from lack of use and new connections forming in the brain for new opportunities. The more plastic your brain is, the more youthful and active your brain is. More Neuroplasticity makes your help able to develop or learn any new skills. The less neuroplasticity, the less you can learn or develop.

I used chatgpt to make it nice and easy to read for u

NOTES
  • Neurogenesis and Enrichment:
    • Animals can sustain a fivefold increase in neurogenesis through just an improved environment.
    • Humans also demonstrate increased neurogenesis, influenced by challenging tasks which serve as reinforcement. (this can make neural pathways more efficient yet less plastic over time)
  • Effects of Enriching Environments:
    • Improved environments lead to significant improvements in learning, exploratory behaviour, and locomotor activity, even when introduced later in life. This reduces age-related degeneration and enhances neuronal phenotypes.
  • Music and Cognitive Enrichment:
    • Music, as a complex multisensory experience, positively influences neuroplasticity by integrating audio-visual information and abstract rule appreciation.
    • Music training enhances cognition across various skills, both musical and non-musical, including executive functions and creativity.
  • Cognitive Training and Aging:
    • Short-term cognitive training over just 5 weeks can significantly improve specific skills in elderly individuals, potentially reversing age-related decline.
  • Physical Exercise and Brain Health:
    • Physical exercise is crucial for brain health, reducing age-related hippocampal atrophy and promoting neurogenesis and survival of neurons.
    • Lack of physical exercise leads to similar effects as smoking and obesity to the brain.
  • Dietary Factors:
    • Caloric restriction and compounds like resveratrol from grapes and berries improve memory and preserve hippocampal structure.
    • Cocoa flavonoids and curcumin also enhance neurogenesis, improve cognition, and have neuroprotective effects.
  • Sleep and Brain Function:
    • Sleep deprivation disrupts the blood-brain barrier, impacting nutrient and oxygen supply to brain cells, which is crucial in neurogenesis
    • It also leads to neuroinflammation in the hippocampus, impairing learning and memory, highlighting the role of sleep in restoring brain energy metabolism.
  • Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
    • Omega-3 fish oil supplements enhance brain cell response to working memory challenges and support core brain functions like learning and memory.

Sources
Eriksson et al., 1998
Kempermann et al., 2002
Mahncke et al., 2006a,b; Houillon et al., 2013; Abuhamden and Csikszentmihalyi, 2012
Kempermann et al., 2002
Malkasian and Diamond, 1971; Uylings et al., 1978.
Benz et al., 2016
Ball et al. (2002)
Hallal and Lee, 2013; Ryan and Nolan, 2016
Willey et al. (2016)
(Niemann et al., 2014)
(Snyder et al., 2009)
(Witte et al., 2009).
(Dauncey, 2014; Witte et al., 2014)
(Nehlig, 2013)
(Latif, 2013)
(Chen et al., 2014)
(Cox et al., 2015).
(Yehuda et al., 2002)
(Yehuda et al., 2005).
(He et al., 2014)
(Zhu et al., 2012)
(Plante et al., 2014).
(Guzman-Marin and McGinty, 2006)

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: twojei, Bomber517, Darkeningstar and 1 other person
@Imretarded? @Bomber517 @Darkeningstar @WhoTookVendetta

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: WhoTookVendetta, Bomber517, Darkeningstar and 1 other person
mirin chat gpt generating sources from nothing theory.

I've already done some research on this. Lion's mane (mushroom) helps with this. LSD too (it's non psychedelic analogues work too).

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: <6PSLcel, Bomber517 and noobs
  • +1
  • Hmm...
wouldn’t that throw off ur hormones
nah trust me bro, no side effects:feelshmm:

Also take spironolactone for maximum gains:feelshmm:

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: noobs and twojei
i might start posting my notes on things while reading i find useful when studying topics i find useful

View attachment 3027468

Preamble

Neuroplasticity is how easily you brain can change and adapt, which includes neurogenesis, (new neurons forming in the brain) connections weakening in the brain from lack of use and new connections forming in the brain for new opportunities. The more plastic your brain is, the more youthful and active your brain is. More Neuroplasticity makes your help able to develop or learn any new skills. The less neuroplasticity, the less you can learn or develop.

I used chatgpt to make it nice and easy to read for u

NOTES
  • Neurogenesis and Enrichment:
    • Animals can sustain a fivefold increase in neurogenesis through just an improved environment.
    • Humans also demonstrate increased neurogenesis, influenced by challenging tasks which serve as reinforcement. (this can make neural pathways more efficient yet less plastic over time)
  • Effects of Enriching Environments:
    • Improved environments lead to significant improvements in learning, exploratory behaviour, and locomotor activity, even when introduced later in life. This reduces age-related degeneration and enhances neuronal phenotypes.
  • Music and Cognitive Enrichment:
    • Music, as a complex multisensory experience, positively influences neuroplasticity by integrating audio-visual information and abstract rule appreciation.
    • Music training enhances cognition across various skills, both musical and non-musical, including executive functions and creativity.
  • Cognitive Training and Aging:
    • Short-term cognitive training over just 5 weeks can significantly improve specific skills in elderly individuals, potentially reversing age-related decline.
  • Physical Exercise and Brain Health:
    • Physical exercise is crucial for brain health, reducing age-related hippocampal atrophy and promoting neurogenesis and survival of neurons.
    • Lack of physical exercise leads to similar effects as smoking and obesity to the brain.
  • Dietary Factors:
    • Caloric restriction and compounds like resveratrol from grapes and berries improve memory and preserve hippocampal structure.
    • Cocoa flavonoids and curcumin also enhance neurogenesis, improve cognition, and have neuroprotective effects.
  • Sleep and Brain Function:
    • Sleep deprivation disrupts the blood-brain barrier, impacting nutrient and oxygen supply to brain cells, which is crucial in neurogenesis
    • It also leads to neuroinflammation in the hippocampus, impairing learning and memory, highlighting the role of sleep in restoring brain energy metabolism.
  • Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
    • Omega-3 fish oil supplements enhance brain cell response to working memory challenges and support core brain functions like learning and memory.
View attachment 3027469

Sources
Eriksson et al., 1998
Kempermann et al., 2002
Mahncke et al., 2006a,b; Houillon et al., 2013; Abuhamden and Csikszentmihalyi, 2012
Kempermann et al., 2002
Malkasian and Diamond, 1971; Uylings et al., 1978.
Benz et al., 2016
Ball et al. (2002)
Hallal and Lee, 2013; Ryan and Nolan, 2016
Willey et al. (2016)
(Niemann et al., 2014)
(Snyder et al., 2009)
(Witte et al., 2009).
(Dauncey, 2014; Witte et al., 2014)
(Nehlig, 2013)
(Latif, 2013)
(Chen et al., 2014)
(Cox et al., 2015).