Oldcels gtifh

M

Mealworm

Temp. Banned
How different were the early and late 2000s from today, and what has changed?

also early 2010s

• +1
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer
Im not a fucking oldcel

• So Sad
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer

also early 2010s
Just got worse. Although I feel like 'my generation had it bad' (it did compared to previous gen) but tbh I think upcoming have it even worse. In everything. Money, housing, partners, mental health. Everything.

There's a guy called Scott Galloway who summarises things way better than anyone. Also he talks about how it's over for men using OLD.

• +1
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer and Mealworm
Just got worse. Although I feel like 'my generation had it bad' (it did compared to previous gen) but tbh I think upcoming have it even worse. In everything. Money, housing, partners, mental health. Everything.

There's a guy called Scott Galloway who summarises things way better than anyone. Also he talks about how it's over for men using OLD.

Thanx & how old are you

everything got worse

literally

your mom used to suck my dick and she still does today no difference really

also early 2010s
I'm going to start with the early 2010s first because that was the pivotal movement where things started to really change.

The iPhone 4 in 2010 and Instagram in 2010 (it didn't become popular until later though I believe) changed everything. High status, wealthy men can just slide into a woman's DMs now. You're not just competing with men locally. You're competing with men GLOBALLY. There's this hot curvy Asian influencer who lives in Toronto who used to date trust fund Taiwanese-American fitness influencer Frank Yang in like ~2016-2018 or something. Frank Yang would fly over to Toronto to hang out with her. Or fly her to where he was at in America or Taiwan to hang out with him. And he had girlfriends like this all over the world and he would change girlfriends frequently. Why on earth would she ever look in my direction as a brokie white gymcel here in Toronto when she's been wined and dined and fucked by Frank Yang? Women would rather have their cats and reminisce about the time they were with a wealthy Chad (Chang in this case) than feel like they are settling for a man.

Tinder in 2012 (it started to become popular in late 2013 I believe) didn't help either. But I think Instagram is way worse than Tinder. Tinder has like what? A 2:1 male:female ratio? 3:1? 4:1? So lots of women aren't even on Tinder. But they are on Instagram. However back in 2010-2012 I started posting a lot of misogynist shit on the internet and was awared by the 80/20 rule before I ever started posting on PUAhate. And during this time I don't think Instagram blew up yet, let alone Tinder. So culturally things were already starting to shift in the direction of hypergamy and soft harems in 2010-2012. I specifically remember someone saying back in January/February 2012 that my talking points were very reminiscent of Chateau Heartiste. And I never read Chateau Heartiste in my life before that moment. I just picked up on Chateau Heartiste's talking points second hand from other misogynists on the internet (I only ever browsed PUAhate like once by this point. Fuck Ladder Theory. Who remembers this?) My earliest memory of exposure to misogynistic content on the internet was in summer 2007 with all the anti-western women, SEAmaxxing, Eastern European bride stuff. And Tom Leykis in 2008, maybe 2007.

Do I think the early to late 00s were better than the early 2010s? Yes I think so. But it's not as dramatic of a difference as Pre-iPhone 4 and Instagram (2010) with 2024. Online dating was not that big in the early and late 00s even though we did have POF, OkCupid, Match. In 2003, this girl I dated lied about how her and I met to her room mates and friends. I met her cousin through a Yahoo! chatroom in 2000 and then she introduced me to her. I can't really comment on the early to late 00s much. I was a technical virgin. A girl in 2003 wanted to have sex with me when I was 18. But I couldn't get it up. And I didn't seriously try dating again for over 8 years after that. I was too shy to talk to girls in high school and college. A couple girls in college talked to me. But I was shy. And fat. I now mog the hell out of myself back then. I let a lot of my potential go to waste because I wasn't motivated then.

I'm almost 39 btw

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Chadeep and Mealworm
I'm going to start with the early 2010s first because that was the pivotal movement where things started to really change.

The iPhone 4 in 2010 and Instagram in 2010 (it didn't become popular until later though I believe) changed everything. High status, wealthy men can just slide into a woman's DMs now. You're not just competing with men locally. You're competing with men GLOBALLY. There's this hot curvy Asian influencer who lives in Toronto who used to date trust fund Taiwanese-American fitness influencer Frank Yang in like ~2016-2018 or something. Frank Yang would fly over to Toronto to hang out with her. Or fly her to where he was at in America or Taiwan to hang out with him. And he had girlfriends like this all over the world and he would change girlfriends frequently. Why on earth would she ever look in my direction as a brokie white gymcel here in Toronto when she's been wined and dined and fucked by Frank Yang? Women would rather have their cats and reminisce about the time they were with a wealthy Chad (Chang in this case) than feel like they are settling for a man.

Tinder in 2012 (it started to become popular in late 2013 I believe) didn't help either. But I think Instagram is way worse than Tinder. Tinder has like what? A 2:1 male:female ratio? 3:1? 4:1? So lots of women aren't even on Tinder. But they are on Instagram. However back in 2010-2012 I started posting a lot of misogynist shit on the internet and was awared by the 80/20 rule before I ever started posting on PUAhate. And during this time I don't think Instagram blew up yet, let alone Tinder. So culturally things were already starting to shift in the direction of hypergamy and soft harems in 2010-2012. I specifically remember someone saying back in January/February 2012 that my talking points were very reminiscent of Chateau Heartiste. And I never read Chateau Heartiste in my life before that moment. I just picked up on Chateau Heartiste's talking points second hand from other misogynists on the internet (I only ever browsed PUAhate like once by this point. Fuck Ladder Theory. Who remembers this?) My earliest memory of exposure to misogynistic content on the internet was in summer 2007 with all the anti-western women, SEAmaxxing, Eastern European bride stuff. And Tom Leykis in 2008, maybe 2007.

Do I think the early to late 00s were better than the early 2010s? Yes I think so. But it's not as dramatic of a difference as Pre-iPhone 4 and Instagram (2010) with 2024. Online dating was not that big in the early and late 00s even though we did have POF, OkCupid, Match. In 2003, this girl I dated lied about how her and I met to her room mates and friends. I met her cousin through a Yahoo! chatroom in 2000 and then she introduced me to her. I can't really comment on the early to late 00s much. I was a technical virgin. A girl in 2003 wanted to have sex with me when I was 18. But I couldn't get it up. And I didn't seriously try dating again for over 8 years after that. I was too shy to talk to girls in high school and college. A couple girls in college talked to me. But I was shy. And fat. I now mog the hell out of myself back then. I let a lot of my potential go to waste because I wasn't motivated then.

I'm almost 39 btw
Interesting

also early 2010s
It was so much better back then

Everyone here talks about being a chad to get a hot girl, that wasn't the case. Yes chad's still slayed then, thats always been true, but back then if you were just a lean guy that was like 6ft and facially a 6/10 at least if white, and 8/10 if ethnic or latino , the amount of opportunities you would get were enormous

And if you were a gymcel, you really stood out.

I remember being a gym cel and entering the room and the bitches were mirin. And I didn't even take gear. When I ran a few cycles it was a holy shit effect. I got more attention then a hot foid at times in the club or bars because thats how rare it was. I ended up stopping after 2 years on and off as I noticed my hair line was receding. Perhaps it was a wise choice as now I still have a full head of hair

You could also niche max

You could join a stoner group fuck stoner foids. Hippie group fuck hippie foids . Rock group fuck rock bitches. Surfing group and fuck surfer foids.

Their was a lot of opportunities even if you weren't all that good looking.

Now its all fucking gone... You guys are never going to experience real dating. This swiping is cope. Hypergamy was their but a lot less

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep
@OldRooster Give your insights on dating back in 80's 90's or even 2000's

@OldRooster Give your insights on dating back in 80's 90's or even 2000's
I think OldRooster would have a lot of great insights on this topic. As he is a baby boomer. He has experienced cultural shifts.

The iPhone 4 and Instagram really changed the game and I was there to witness it while some of you are too young to remember a life before the iPhone and Instagram. But there was a cultural shift in the making for decades. Watch Sex and the City (1998) season 1 and you'll see that the signs were already there. It's just that technology wasn't as far along as it is now. Women in the 90s have already long entered the workforce.

TL;DR: Women entering the workforce was the single biggest contributor to the incel epidemic.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep
I think OldRooster would have a lot of great insights on this topic. As he is a baby boomer. He has experienced cultural shifts.

The iPhone 4 and Instagram really changed the game and I was there to witness it while some of you are too young to remember a life before the iPhone and Instagram. But there was a cultural shift in the making for decades. Watch Sex and the City (1998) season 1 and you'll see that the signs were already there. It's just that technology wasn't as far along as it is now. Women in the 90s have already long entered the workforce.

TL;DR: Women entering the workforce was the single biggest contributor to the incel epidemic.
How was life in Myspace Orkut era? I think after 2010's women just gained access to men at a tap the increase in their SMV tenfolded. As before that a Normal looking guy can pull a woman above his looks by just being in Vicinity.

It blowed tbh. You were bored a lot. The internet basically didnt exist. You watched the same 20 movies you had on DvD over and over. Dating was limited to a small social circle unless chad. The only good thing is that guys were not looksmaxxed back then. Gym was a legit advantage. Now it's barely anything. Would not go back, though.

late 2000s internet was GOATed, you could find basically anything pirated online

around 2011 piracy control became much stricter, specially because of DPI (deep package inspection) technologies, which amongst other things also brought up the whole 'net neutrality' debate because now ISPs could discriminate the package routing with way more control

How was life in Myspace Orkut era? I think after 2010's women just gained access to men at a tap the increase in their SMV tenfolded. As before that a Normal looking guy can pull a woman above his looks by just being in Vicinity.
The Myspace era obviously wasn't as bad as the Instagram era for sure. 100%. The thing that I like about MySpace is that you can find local profiles much easier than Instagram. Because you can search by city I believe. You have to rely on Instagram's algorithm to show you local profiles on the other hand. I hate the fact that you can't search people by city or GPS location on Instagram. I am surprised that Instagram and Tik Tok emerged as the top social media platforms.

Orkut is some Pajeet/favela thing. This is my first time hearing about it. I can't comment on that.

I don't know if it's because I'm a 38 year old senior citizen. But I have always felt that MySpace was superior to Facebook and Instagram for meeting new people. Instagram and Tik Tok are better for consuming content and doomscrolling. Facebook is better for finding people you already know IRL. I created my MySpace account back when I was 19 years old in 2005. It was great. I miss MySpace. I wonder if my MySpace account is still up or if I deleted it or they deleted the servers.

Last edited: