Once you realize there is no free will, you will find internal peace

vanillaicecream

vanillaicecream

🦊
Nothing is your fault or decision, you were put in this position by the universe. Even making this thread wasn't my own free will choice, because I was lead to it by external factors that put this idea in my head.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: InSplit, Deleted member 27635, bigchunguslover and 11 others
@_MVP_ there is no free will to even do crime, because you need to be in the right circumstances to be able to choose crime, it's determined by prior causes

• +1
Reactions: _MVP_
Real but shouldn't dictate anything from this point forward. You are still your own man, when you acknowledge you are the result of your circumstances you can begin to change, that too is a result of the circumstances, but doesn't mean it's isn't your decision to move forward.

This is completely true, but means nothing.

• +1
Reactions: InSplit, Deleted member 27635, Danish_Retard and 2 others
berserk type shit

was it predetermined for me to come to india?

• JFL
Reactions: InSplit, Deleted member 27635 and Ranjeet Dipshit
I always believed in fate, everything i make has no meaning because even if i can choose between 2 different ways to go, either one i decide to take it will take me to the same place (that is ultimately dictated by destiny/fate)

Real but shouldn't dictate anything from this point forward. You are still your own man, when you acknowledge you are the result of your circumstances you can begin to change, that too is a result of the circumstances, but doesn't mean it's isn't your decision to move forward.

This is completely true, but means nothing.
Man can sometimes do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants. Your amount of options will always be limited to your own circumstances and environment so your will isn't entirely free.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27635 and Pikabro
berserk type shit

was it predetermined for me to come to india?
Of course, it's a chain of events that led up to it of things outside your full control, it wasn't just a standalone free will decision at the moment

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27635
How can the realization that there is no free will bring internal peace to someone

The realization that there is no free will can bring internal peace to someone by relieving them of the burden of personal responsibility for every action and decision. It can lead to a sense of acceptance and understanding that our choices are influenced by numerous external factors, genetics, and past experiences. This understanding may reduce self-blame, guilt, and anxiety, promoting a more compassionate and forgiving attitude towards oneself and others. However, it's important to note that this perspective may not resonate with everyone, and beliefs about free will vary widely.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27635 and Jungcuck
Man can sometimes do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants. Your amount of options will always be limited to your own circumstances and environment so your will isn't entirely free.

• +1
Reactions: Ranjeet Dipshit
How can the realization that there is no free will bring internal peace to someone

The realization that there is no free will can bring internal peace to someone by relieving them of the burden of personal responsibility for every action and decision. It can lead to a sense of acceptance and understanding that our choices are influenced by numerous external factors, genetics, and past experiences. This understanding may reduce self-blame, guilt, and anxiety, promoting a more compassionate and forgiving attitude towards oneself and others. However, it's important to note that this perspective may not resonate with everyone, and beliefs about free will vary widely.
Because it doesn't change anything

You're not understanding, your brain came to the conclusion that free will doesn't exist, and the result of that is a result of this, the way you'll see the world following it, is still a result of your circumstances and upbringing, but even the most advanced systems must be programmed, consciousness is what separates us from animals and robots, the ability to question our own nature allows us a degree of freedom, despite it not being of our own choice, of course it was determined by your past, but what happens next is still up to you.

- The Poet

we do have free will we can either choose to do good or follow evil path

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: JohnDoe and Deleted member 23359
Because it doesn't change anything

You're not understanding, your brain came to the conclusion that free will doesn't exist, and the result of that is a result of this, the way you'll see the world following it, is still a result of your circumstances and upbringing, but even the most advanced systems must be programmed, consciousness is what separates us from animals and robots, the ability to question our own nature allows us a degree of freedom, despite it not being of our own choice, of course it was determined by your past, but what happens next is still up to you.

- The Poet
Animals also have counciousness, what separates us from them is a higher degree of intelligence that allows us to manipulate our environment and decisions in a way that may create the illusion of free will, but at the end of the day we cannot want what we want and we're a product of genetics, instincts and brain processes we aren't in control of. What happens next isn't up to me, influence by prior causes never stops, even what I did 5 minutes ago (going to the bathroom due to physical forces that push me to made it so I'd be here right now saying this as opposed to at some other time, which might've meant the idea could've not come to mind because I would've been exposed to other things determined by external stimuli, so nothing is ultimately up to me)

We have free will but we can choose the right hand path ( righteousness to god ) or the left hand path ( evil and darkness )
Fuck u and your magic imaginary friend. Hahahahaha.

• JFL
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
Okay, so we all live within an objective reality through our own subjective lens viewing said objective reality. We have free will within the bounds of this objective reality by the simple idea that we project ourselves onto that reality. To say we don't have free-will is, in a way, showing your use of free-will by the objection of it.

We got both fate and freewill

Real but it's difficult to accept that loosers/disable people were just born to suffer and die, nothing more.

Not cool bro
Even if I grant this it isn't a free will decision because you need to have been put in the right circumstances to even hear about these options and know the concept of "righteousness"... it's free will but only if you were born in a culture that propagates this. Hahahahaha.

Animals also have counciousness, what separates us from them is a higher degree of intelligence that allows us to manipulate our environment and decisions in a way that may create the illusion of free will, but at the end of the day we cannot want what we want and we're a product of genetics, instincts and brain processes we aren't in control of. What happens next isn't up to me, influence by prior causes never stops, even what I did 5 minutes ago (going to the bathroom due to physical forces that push me to made it so I'd be here right now saying this as opposed to at some other time, which might've meant the idea could've not come to mind because I would've been exposed to other things determined by external stimuli, so nothing is ultimately up to me)
These natural processes don't deny the freedom of will though. If we had to consciously make every decision down to when were going to shit then we would not be where we are as a species. You misconstrue free-will and making your own decisions with sub-conscious processes that are essential to survival.

You really should ask yourself what even is free-will before asking if we have it or not.

At every moment, with the state of the world and your body you can choose only one action, but 1 sec before you had only one choice too, we can regress to your birth like this.
Schopenhauer on the subject: "
If free will is accepted, then every human action
is an inexplicable miracle, an effect without a cause.
And if we try to imagine this freedom of indifference
we will soon be convinced that in the
that in the presence of such a notion reason is absolutely paralysed.
the very forms of the understanding
repugnant to it. For the principle of sufficient reason
of universal determination and the mutual dependence of
phenomena, is the most general
form of our understanding, which,
according to the diversity of the objects it considers
itself very different aspects

Last edited:
Even if I grant this it isn't a free will decision because you need to have been put in the right circumstances to even hear about these options and know the concept of "righteousness"... it's free will but only if you were born in a culture that propagates this. Hahahahaha.
That’s why I think the elites believe in astrology and all that they use it to guide their decision making. The stars above

But here we need that we imagine something that determines
without being determined, which depends on nothing, but
on which other things depend, which, without necessity
and therefore without reason, actually
produces A,
whereas it could just as easily produce B, or C, or D
, and this in identical circumstances.
i.e. without there now being anything in A that could make it give preference to B (because there is nothing in A that could make it give preference to B).
preference over B (for that would be a motive, and therefore a cause).
a motive, and therefore a cause), any more than on C or on D.
We are brought back here to the notion
indicated at the beginning of this work, that of absolute
chance. I repeat: such a notion paralyses the mind
completely paralyses the mind, even supposing that we
succeed in making it conceive"

These natural processes don't deny the freedom of will though. If we had to consciously make every decision down to when were going to shit then we would not be where we are as a species. You misconstrue free-will and making your own decisions with sub-conscious processes that are essential to survival.

You really should ask yourself what even is free-will before asking if we have it or not.
Free will is the ability to decide to do things with no basis or influence on prior causes and experiences (outside of your control and decisions) that allowed you to be able to make that decision in the first place.

Can you think of any decision or choice at all that would fit this criteria? Look up the definition of free. How can it be free will if you will always be limited to a specific set of options determined by the universe? It's really simple to understand this with this quote: you can do what you will (within a limited amount of options, so not "free" will) but you can't will what you will

Nothing is your fault or decision, you were put in this position by the universe. Even making this thread wasn't my own free will choice, because I was lead to it by external factors that put this idea in my head.
god equipped every human being with the capacity for free will stop coping

god equipped every human being with the capacity for free will stop coping
No, your empty assertions involving invisible undetectable entities bring nothing of substance to the discussion and free will becomes even more problematic when you appeal to an omniscient deity that's in control of everything and knows everything that is going to happen, so everything is even more predetermined than it would be by a universe of determinism by natural prior causes because now you have an intentional script written by an all knowing conscious entity that chose for everything to pan out a certain way and follow a certain course.

Man doesn't choose anything if there's an omniscient deity kickstarting the whole thing and choosing a specific universe with specific events. I'm sorry if your iq is too low and you can't help saying dumb things but your belief is monumentally stupid, you should really strive for what the facts are and what we can reasonably argue and show to be true rather than making empty and lazy assertions of magic that don't hold up to scrutiny.

thought it said no free wifi lol

No, your empty assertions involving invisible undetectable entities bring nothing of substance to the discussion and free will becomes even more problematic when you appeal to an omniscient deity that's in control of everything and knows everything that is going to happen, so everything is even more predetermined than it would be by a universe of determinism by natural prior causes because now you have an intentional script written by an all knowing conscious entity that chose for everything to pan out a certain way and follow a certain course.

Man doesn't choose anything if there's an omniscient deity kickstarting the whole thing and choosing a specific universe with specific events. I'm sorry if your iq is too low and you can't help saying dumb things but your belief is monumentally stupid, you should really strive for what the facts are and what we can reasonably argue and show to be true rather than making empty and lazy assertions of magic that don't hold up to scrutiny.
Lol so much text to say almost nothing. God is God, whether you can detect him or not means nothing.

There’s nothing problematic about free will. Everybody within their own mind has a choice on how they choose to present themselves.

You choose whether you get out of bed or not. Whether tie your shoes or not Etc. god knowing everything and creating everything doesn’t negate free will that’s an asinine argument. It’s pseudo-intellectual garble gook.

Your behavior is childish. You shouldn’t have this strong of a reaction to someone asserting the existence of an almighty being. You talk about facts yet you can’t even prove my belief wrong other than crying “spaghetti monster” and whatever Other generic argument you can think of.

Also I guarantee my belief in god is more rational than your beliefs of how existence came about.

Legit everything is against you

Lol so much text to say almost nothing. God is God, whether you can detect him or not means nothing.

There’s nothing problematic about free will. Everybody within their own mind has a choice on how they choose to present themselves.

You choose whether you get out of bed or not. Whether tie your shoes or not Etc. god knowing everything and creating everything doesn’t negate free will that’s an asinine argument. It’s pseudo-intellectual garble gook.

Your behavior is childish. You shouldn’t have this strong of a reaction to someone asserting the existence of an almighty being. You talk about facts yet you can’t even prove my belief wrong other than crying “spaghetti monster” and whatever Other generic argument you can think of.

Also I guarantee my belief in god is more rational than your beliefs of how existence came about.
The decision to get out of bed is based on prior events and causes that allowed you to be in a bed in the first place, you didn't actually choose to be in a bed, your situation and circumstances determined by external factors put you there and led you to to be able to make a decision to get out of a bed or not, so you were constrained by a predetermined circumstance outside of your control. There is also the fact that you need to have LEGS and be able to walk, not be bedbound which is all not up to you. It's all a chain of events, external stimuli and physical factors that give you the possibility of your decisions. You think free will is something as simplistic and simply solved as just having the ability to be able to decide or choose by our own thoughts, that is just having consciousness and sentience and it certainly doesn't say anything about your will being free because your options will always be limited by the situation you were put into with no choice on your part.

Again, your lazy unsubstantiated assertions of impossible nonsense like some disembodied mind that creates everything in a incantation and is concerned with the state of affairs of fallible apes of a tiny dot in the universe brings nothing of value and substance to the discussion and you did nothing to refute the notion that having no free will is inescapable in a world that is ultimately controlled by a conscious being that is omniscient and orchestrated everything with a plan in mind. I'm sorry that you're too dumb to understand that an omniscient deity who has a plan and chooses a certain universe and already knows everything by virtue of his omniscient nature is logically incompatible with the characters and participants of this deity's script having free will. Don't call my behavior childish when you believe in some supreme being watching over you and can do nothing other than whine and run in circles when your stupidity is exposed.

I also didn't say anything about spaghetti monster or say anything about any version that I stand for, you should really study basic logic and learn the difference between rejecting X and affirming Y. So don't strawman me. And no, your belief in an invisible, intangible, silent and undetectable entity couldn't possibly be more rational than my NEUTRAL position as to what primarily caused the universe into being, I don't make positive statements of truth regarding this because there's no way to investigate it and assess the truth of the matter, it's called intellectual honesty, which you don't have as someone who pretends to know it with stuff you can't demonstrate. Your position is irrational by definition because it's indistinguishable from imaginary as something that has the traits I mentioned, makes no novel testable predictions and doesn't offer a mechanism that would allow the existence of such a thing.

Last edited:
Everything is caused by an chemical reaction, we're no more than atoms.

Free will exists as God willed it so.