One side of face less developed than the other.

shahid khan

shahid khan

Skakz
Idk wtf is going in. My left side of the face has lesser bone mass than the right side of my face but the bone density is just limited to the gonion
IMG 20230921 221753
. Now idk if this was caused due to chewing because i had lost a molar on this side for over a gear in my puberty. But is this fixable as my right profile is not as sharp and good looking as the left amd i have a slight assymentry. Infact my less developed side looks more developed for some Weird reason.
Too much complications.

Summary: bone mass in one side is lesser than the other especially in mandiable due to lack of chewing. Causing assymentry like below. Is it reversible at age 18 with no surgery?

Elias de poot v0 l1ecb6hok4691 1

My assymentry is 99% like this.

Ps: i still can't figure out which side to chew on. The one that looks recessed or the one that is recessed.

Last edited:
Most people have asymmetry like this. if you are downgrown it increases the chance your skull will cant as you grow up

• +1
Reactions: itsbegincell and shahid khan
My 3/4s look very different, but when I got a full head CT I could see how the entire skull (midface, jaw, etc) was deviated slightly to the right. It's very subtle, and much of it can be fixed with trimax and implants, but even when its subtle you can notice it.

• +1
Reactions: itsbegincell
My 3/4s look very different, but when I got a full head CT I could see how the entire skull (midface, jaw, etc) was deviated slightly to the right. It's very subtle, and much of it can be fixed with trimax and implants, but even when its subtle you can notice it.
Okay damn. Ngl i am going to the orthodontist Tomorrow to discuss my facial bone falws even though the last i went to him with concerns he hushed me off with you look good and don't need it type of stuff even tho he's getting paid. Going to ask him for my under eye area support gonions etc.

Okay damn. Ngl i am going to the orthodontist Tomorrow to discuss my facial bone falws even though the last i went to him with concerns he hushed me off with you look good and don't need it type of stuff even tho he's getting paid. Going to ask him for my under eye area support gonions etc.
It's not an orthodontist's job to worry about your facial bone flaws if it's not teeth related. For that you need to see a maxillofacial /cosmetic surgeon

It's not an orthodontist's job to worry about your facial bone flaws if it's not teeth related. For that you need to see a maxillofacial /cosmetic surgeon
Yeah he is a orthodontist with maxillofacial surgeon. Btw which side am I supposed to chew on the one that feels recessed or the one that looks recessed? And will the maxillofacial surgeon help me with my maxilla facial growth especially lefort 3 without surgery?

everyone has it. Sometimes minor assymeteries make you more attractive according to a post i read somewhere

Attachments

• 7F325ED3-D232-42DE-AAF7-8BD08153CB35.jpeg
    7F325ED3-D232-42DE-AAF7-8BD08153CB35.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 0
Yeah he is a orthodontist with maxillofacial surgeon. Btw which side am I supposed to chew on the one that feels recessed or the one that looks recessed? And will the maxillofacial surgeon help me with my maxilla facial growth especially lefort 3 without surgery?
I personally don't think chewing matters so idk.

You can address midface asymmetries with implants. It does the job good enough. It's only worth doing in most cases if you want to add projection to your cheeks anyway in addition to addressing asymmetry.

• +1
Reactions: extremchange628181
I personally don't think chewing matters so idk.

You can address midface asymmetries with implants. It does the job good enough. It's only worth doing in most cases if you want to add projection to your cheeks anyway in addition to addressing asymmetry.
What if asymmetry is caused by uneven masseters?

What if asymmetry is caused by uneven masseters?
The masseturs are connected to your gonion as the obvious and 90 Percent of the time the bone mass and density is very different that causes the masseturs to cause assymentry.
Even the maxillofacial and orthodontist surgeons agreed here but unfortunately you can do nothing but chew on the undeveloped side more where you lack bone mass and ofcourse that works only if your 21 or below(way below). Developing your masseturs will cause nothing but more of a uncanny look and more assymentry. Surgical options provided by the doctors to me were fillers especially the desolving ones.

Idk wtf is going in. My left side of the face has lesser bone mass than the right side of my face but the bone density is just limited to the gonion View attachment 2443510. Now idk if this was caused due to chewing because i had lost a molar on this side for over a gear in my puberty. But is this fixable as my right profile is not as sharp and good looking as the left amd i have a slight assymentry. Infact my less developed side looks more developed for some Weird reason.
Too much complications.

Summary: bone mass in one side is lesser than the other especially in mandiable due to lack of chewing. Causing assymentry like below. Is it reversible at age 18 with no surgery?

View attachment 2443531

My assymentry is 99% like this.

Ps: i still can't figure out which side to chew on. The one that looks recessed or the one that is recessed.
everyone has asymmetry. if yours is overly bad first try to lean out to asses if its just uneven fat distribution or actual bone asymmetry and if its acc horrible its just that you have shit genetics. get surgery if you wanna

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32973
I’m pretty sure most asymmetries are due to masseters so just chew more on the weaker side.

everyone has asymmetry. if yours is overly bad first try to lean out to asses if its just uneven fat distribution or actual bone asymmetry and if its acc horrible its just that you have shit genetics. get surgery if you wanna
It's not even that noticeable unless one stares at me for an solid few minutes trying to figure out my flaws. But leaning out really helped tbvh.

I’m pretty sure most asymmetries are due to masseters so just chew more on the weaker side.
Actually. If you take a feel of both of your gonions and the where your masseters connect you would come to the conclusion that one side lacks the same bone mass as the other. That's where the masseturs starts to look different. Fixing it is nearly impossible but you can if you constantly make your dominant side the weaker side for atleast 5-8 years. The bone mass lacking one was even confirmed by a maxillofacial surgeon i discussed it with