One side of jaw is stronger

liffyman10

liffyman10

Iron
Hey, was just wondering how to fix one side of the jaw being weaker and less visible than the other side of my jaw. Thanks,

If its muscle imbalance, you can fix via exercises/stretches, chewing evenly and maybe sleeping on back (search on youtube for this stuff).

If its skeletal (prob higher chance), only fixable with surgery.

If its not that noticable (probably isn't), don't bother with it.

• +1
Reactions: jezebel
Just chew food on the weaker side

Almost everyone has this, I have this extremely. But yeah most people have it to some degree. My ramus is a lot shorter on one sid e

I have the same issue. Not worth fixing unless you're also recessed. It's barely noticiable irl. But in pictures you'll be better only showing your ''strong'' side.

If its muscle imbalance, you can fix via exercises/stretches, chewing evenly and maybe sleeping on back (search on youtube for this stuff).

If its skeletal (prob higher chance), only fixable with surgery.

If its not that noticable (probably isn't), don't bother with it.
Above is correct,
but this should also be noted: this is EXTREMELY common, as 100% symmetry is very uncanny; the biggest male models in the world have asymmetry, especially when it comes to the jaw, and cheekbones (since chewing also affects the zygos), as chewing is something we all do when we grow in our first pair of teeth, so ~100% of people have some form of it.

If it is a muscle imbalance, chewing on the opposite side more could help*

*It should be noted that if the stronger side is too big in relation to the rest of the face, then botox would be your best solution; trying to atrophy the masseters by not chewing on that side would take an incredibly long time.

In general, if it's not noticeable, then just don't bother worrying about it as the quoted poaster said.
For it to be noticeable, it has to be dramatic. Think about people who have 1 eye about 1 - 2 inches higher than their other eye-- that is very noticeable.

Above is correct,
but this should also be noted: this is EXTREMELY common, as 100% symmetry is very uncanny; the biggest male models in the world have asymmetry, especially when it comes to the jaw, and cheekbones (since chewing also affects the zygos), as chewing is something we all do when we grow in our first pair of teeth, so ~100% of people have some form of it.

*It should be noted that if the stronger side is too big in relation to the rest of the face, then botox would be your best solution; trying to atrophy the masseters by not chewing on that side would take an incredibly long time.

In general, if it's not noticeable, then just don't bother worrying about it as the quoted poaster said.
For it to be noticeable, it has to be dramatic. Think about people who have 1 eye about 1 - 2 inches higher than their other eye-- that is very noticeable.

Yea. Ive come to learn eye asymmetry is way more noticable than jaw. Way more important for facial harmony/general looks.

• +1
Yea. Ive come to learn eye asymmetry is way more noticable than jaw. Way more important for facial harmony/general looks.
oh my bad, I forgot to quote OP, so don't take it as me trying to inform you! 100% agree with you on both posts

• +1
Reactions: keepcopingboyo
Above is correct,

Thanks for your reply, but was wondering if this is noticable as this is my actual jaw. Worth fixing or nah? (Ik my overall jaw is a bit cooked)

Attachments

• IMG_8105.jpeg
    IMG_8105.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8104.jpeg
    IMG_8104.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for your reply, but was wondering if this is noticable as this is my actual jaw. Worth fixing or nah? (Ik my overall jaw is a bit cooked)
I cannot perceive much of a difference between the two, which leads me to believe it could just be fat deposits (as they will also be asymmetrical), so really, I would recommend you lose weight first.

again though, I don't notice much of a difference at all.

I cannot perceive much of a difference between the two, which leads me to believe it could just be fat deposits (as they will also be asymmetrical), so really, I would recommend you lose weight first.

again though, I don't notice much of a difference at all.
Alright thank u so much 🙏🙏

• +1
Not visible and asymmetry wouldn't be ur issue.