'Oneitis' defined

OldRooster

OldRooster

Get off my lawn!
-itis: a suffix used in pathological terms that denote inflammation of an organ ( bronchitis; gastritis; neuritis ) and hence, in extended senses, nouns denoting abnormal states or conditions, excesses, tendencies, obsessions, etc. ( telephonitis; baseballitis ).

Therefore Oneitis is a pathology where you have an obsession with one specific girl. It is a pathology because she does not reciprocate your feelings. Your girl friend can not be your oneitis, a girl you are dating can not be your oneitis.

Personally I think you have to interact or at least see a girl IRL on a fairly regular basis for her to be a oneitis, but I recognize that some people credibly claim that a particular celebrity is their oneitis.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: manletmachinestream, twojei, Alt Number 3 and 1 other person
Therefore Oneitis is a pathology where you have an obsession with one specific girl. It is a pathology because she does not reciprocate your feelings. Your girl friend can not be your oneitis, a girl you are dating can not be your oneitis.

Personally I think you have to interact or at least see a girl IRL on a fairly regular basis for her to be a oneitis, but I recognize that some people credibly claim that a particular celebrity is their oneitis.
And you know what's funny? That by developing an oneitis your chances with her are further decreased.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: manletmachinestream and OldRooster
always knew these goofy oneitis having faggots were mentally ill

• +1
Reactions: OldRooster