Only the right side of my face breaks out

Charisma

Charisma

nword49’s mentor

After using retinol for a month the right side of my face had like 5 pimples so far, all left a red mark (RAGE)

I achieved glass skin on the left side of my face so I will just show my left profile while speaking to people

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff
apply armadillo semen to your right side

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff, asdvek and Charisma
what are you going to do regarding the retinol? get a product with less in it, spread out usuage or stop?

• +1
Reactions: Charisma
what are you going to do regarding the retinol? get a product with less in it, spread out usuage or stop?
Spread out usage, I’ll use it every second night and apply it topically on the places where I have the pimple redness every night

think it's caused by the retinol
I had the exact same pimples on the exact same sports
your skin on those areas is probably too sensitive for retinol

• +1
Change your pillowcase, make sure you're not picking subconsciously

• +1
think it's caused by the retinol
I had the exact same pimples on the exact same sports
your skin on those areas is probably too sensitive for retinol
Did the redness go away?
(please say yes)

After using retinol for a month the right side of my face had like 5 pimples so far, all left a red mark (RAGE)
Retinol makes your skin worse slightly before it causes imrpovements. ( Purging AKA increased breakouts and rashes )

The effect is more easily visible with something stronger like Tret

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: N1666, PsychoDsk and Charisma
I think you'd be better of putting less retinol on those spots rather than more

• +1
ye it does, takes a few days
Taking a full month for the one on my forehead

But ig it is recovering slowly after I started using kojic acid as @n9wiff suggested me

• +1
Reactions: PsychoDsk and leanmaxx74
Taking a full month for the one on my forehead

But ig it is recovering slowly after I started using kojic acid as @n9wiff suggested me

my PIE goes away pretty fast when just moisturizing
acne sucks balls bro

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: PsychoDsk
you probs sleep on your right side im guessing thats why?

• +1
Try cutting your nalis very short on the finger you usually pick. It lessens damage
Since nervous type I always bite my nails until I see the blood

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: silencio and PsychoDsk
oh 100 percent thats why then idk why it is but i can cause spots from like inflamation or something maybe switch sides see if it helps
Easier said than done, can only sleep on the right side

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: PsychoDsk and leanmaxx74
Since nervous type I always bite my nails until I see the blood
since nervous type I always bite off my finger until I can chew the bone :lul::lul:

• JFL
Reactions: Charisma and silencio
Thoughts? @n9wiff
Just apply retinol as usual and power through it.

You are supposed to have increased redness, breakouts and even dry skin. It is called the "Purging stage". You are only on OTC ret im assuming so it shouldn't be that bad, you might just be hyper fixating on the problem.

It will get better within 1-3 months. Ret is long term treatment. If you want switch to tret for better results but I understand if you don't want to...

Also when using tret, try not to use toners that have excessive AHA's or harsher stuff like SA or benzyl peroxide. They can make your skin even worse. Also use sunscreen wehn using retinol, it makes your skin more susceptible to UV damage.

Just treat your skin as if it is more fragile when on retinol until you adjust to it.

Weird though, OTC ret isn't ussually that strong, maybe you are sensitive. Just get used to it and be patient. You also don't have to apply it every night.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: sickdawgie and Charisma
Just apply retinol as usual and power through it.

You are supposed to have increased redness, breakouts and even dry skin. It is called the "Purging stage". You are only on OTC ret im assuming so it shouldn't be that bad, you might just be hyper fixating on the problem.

It will get better within 1-3 months. Ret is long term treatment. If you want switch to tret for better results but I understand if you don't want to...

Also when using tret, try not to use toners that have excessive AHA's or harsher stuff like SA or benzyl peroxide. They can make your skin even worse. Also use sunscreen wehn using retinol, it makes your skin more susceptible to UV damage.

Just treat your skin as if it is more fragile when on retinol until you adjust to it.

Weird though, OTC ret isn't ussually that strong, maybe you are sensitive. Just get used to it and be patient. You also don't have to apply it every night.
bet, I’ll stick to it but will apply wvery other night

My face feels so stiff even after applying moisturiser and sunscreen hopefully the purging ends

• +1
Reactions: sickdawgie and n9wiff