Ortho doesnt want to do MSE

I

idkeither

Iron
Even though my maxilla is so obviously narrow, ortho doesnt wanna do mse he says that my maxilla already matches the mandible.

Should I ditch him?

Get mse for mandible as well

• JFL
Reactions: coolguy1
Brootal Ortho told you to stay a subhuman and LDAR

How old are you? If you are too old you have to have performed SARPE surgery.
Consult it with diffrent ortho

Im not sure if mse is worth insisting on. I will be getting bimax anyways.

19. good age for mse i think.
It depends, you may be too old. You have to check if your palate is fully grown. If so, the expander would give effect, but after removing it your teeth would go back to place. At least that's what my ortho told me.

That's why i had SARPE surgery (i was 21 back then). Then i wore expander for some time

It depends, you may be too old. You have to check if your palate is fully grown. If so, the expander would give effect, but after removing it your teeth would go back to place. At least that's what my ortho told me.

That's why i had SARPE surgery (i was 21 back then). Then i wore expander for some time
Idk man. Cant know without trying. The problem is my fucking ortho just doesnt wanna do it. I had crowding on my upper incisors. He fixed that with braces by expanding the arch but it looks so fucking weird and narrow lmao why cant he just install the mse, saying that i dont need it.

Tell him you have sleep apnea and your tongue doesnt fucking fit in your upper palate

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab and Spierdolony
I have the exact same problem! Orthos and surgeons all tell me its stupid to do mse without a crossbite.
You will get a crossbite with mse and need msdo which nobody knows how to perform.
Msdo is a totally unknown expansion with a huge infection risk and barbaric pain level.

Do you think sarpe did anything to your face or psl? I would guess the effects are to small to notice and not worth the surgery pain and recovery stress.

Do you think sarpe did anything to your face or psl? I would guess the effects are to small to notice and not worth the surgery pain and recovery stress.
Yes, it did.
First, wearing bracelet had no sense with narrow palate. My teeth were healthy, but crooked - there was no enough space for my fangs. So now i can smile like a normal human being.
Second, i couldnt push my tongue to palate, it was too narrow. Now i can and my jaw looks much better (attachment for visualisation).

About surgery. It wasnt painful, at least for me. I stopped taking painkillers after 2 days. They cut my nerves, for 5 months i didnt felt my upper teeth. This was fucked up.
Also for some time (about 2 months?) I had diastemy because of expander. It dissapeared without any help.

Attachments

• what-is-mewing-and-what-is-orthotropics.jpg
    what-is-mewing-and-what-is-orthotropics.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 26

what did sarpe cost? dm maybe

Even though my maxilla is so obviously narrow, ortho doesnt wanna do mse he says that my maxilla already matches the mandible.

Should I ditch him?
If maxilla is wider than mandible he is right

Ditch him and go to another orthodontist.Preferably an airway focused one, because they are more open minded to give mse