Orthodontics decompensation for Class II before bimax

H

hassan12

Iron
First of all I saw this french orthodontist last week who works with Dr Davrou and he instantly told me I had braces as a kid which camouflaged my skeletal Class II situation and that I need a year of braces to undo the damage from braces before the surgery. Have any of y'all had orthodontics decompensation before? How much worse did it make you look? I'm already super conscious about my mouth area and "worsening" my bite for a year makes me sort of anxious but I suppose it's necessary. My other question is is there such a thing as over decompensation? I was wondering if I could ask to get maximum advancement through bite angle manipulation. I would appreciate any feedback and I attached my xray.

Attachments

• xra.jpeg
    xra.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 0
@NZb6Air this nigga might know

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
How much worse did it make you look?
Not much worse.

I'm already super conscious about my mouth area and "worsening" my bite for a year makes me sort of anxious but I suppose it's necessary
They tell it because they have to tell it, not because it's a big problem.
I was wondering if I could ask to get maximum advancement through bite angle manipulation
You mean without surgery? You probably won't get good result without surgery

My other question is is there such a thing as over decompensation?
I mean sometimes they push too far, surgeon says to push it back before surgery. This is rare and minor problem.

Not much worse.

They tell it because they have to tell it, not because it's a big problem.

You mean without surgery? You probably won't get good result without surgery
Noo I mean with surgery but doing more decompensation before surgery than needed to make more advancement and rotation. Is that possible usually. Cuz I wanna get like the best result possible