Orthotropic Doctor Review & Questions to Ask

D

Deleted member 9919

Bronze
Hello, new here. Wanted to ask if anyone has heard of Dr. James Redd (Calgary, Canada)? I'm seeing him next week, but I haven't had much luck finding reviews about him and whether he's blackpilled or not. His profile: https://www.lwdental.ca/meet-the-team/ . He's the only one I could find near me. I've called dentists and guys listed as "orthotropists" in three provinces now and I haven't had any luck except for this guy. But I'm a bit unsure. Hoping someone might know him or maybe see some red flags that I didn't catch.

I was also wondering if anyone has any tips on questions I absolutely *must* ask him before deciding on treatment. I've done a bunch of reading, but there's still a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that says I might miss something.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
How old r u bro?

just mew harder

Orthotropic treatment is just about correcting your habits. Mike Mew said if he could reprogram your brain to correct your habits he wouldn't need any appliances. So in essence it's all a waste of time, you need something like MSE if you want timely results

• +1
Reactions: Salience
"orthotropists"? are you sure you didn't mean orthodontists?

How old r u bro?

I'm 36. I know, I know. I do believe it can be done without surgery at the get go. Did my research and it seems there are 30+ guys who have had success. My hope is that I can push my maxilla out as much as possible before taking the surgical route because I might actually be happy with the change. I'm not doing this for women btw. I've already given up on that dream. Doing this for my career. And I've struggled to move higher up because I don't look the part of the roles I want. If it's for women, I'd need to look better, but if it's just work & career, I don't have to worry if I don't hit 8 PSL or something. That's part of why I don't want surgery first.

just mew harder

I'm having trouble fitting my tongue on my palate as it's very narrow (I have a recessed chin and everything). I thought this might help me get past the first hurdle. You know, sorta like having training wheels. And once I can fit my tongue on the palate a bit better, then I can hard mew my way to ascension. ;) But in Canuckistan, it's hard to get the stuff I need to get there. Plus with the border lockdown, getting stuff from the US takes much longer now. And it's harder, with all sorts of surprise customs fees and taxes. Can't really get anything from China either because of all the political wrangling with that woman from Huawei. No orthodontist is going to help me and only orthrotropists would understand anything related to mewing.

Orthotropic treatment is just about correcting your habits. Mike Mew said if he could reprogram your brain to correct your habits he wouldn't need any appliances. So in essence it's all a waste of time, you need something like MSE if you want timely results

But it's the correction of the habits that lead to the results. Or in the case of people like me, a really hard correction. Mike Mew even hinted, though he didn't outright say it probably due to liability, that hard mewing works. Why not with an appliance to get things going?

But it's the correction of the habits that lead to the results. Or in the case of people like me, a really hard correction. Mike Mew even hinted, though he didn't outright say it probably due to liability, that hard mewing works. Why not with an appliance to get things going?
I'm 36. I know, I know. I do believe it can be done without surgery at the get go. Did my research and it seems there are 30+ guys who have had success. My hope is that I can push my maxilla out as much as possible before taking the surgical route because I might actually be happy with the change. I'm not doing this for women btw. I've already given up on that dream. Doing this for my career. And I've struggled to move higher up because I don't look the part of the roles I want. If it's for women, I'd need to look better, but if it's just work & career, I don't have to worry if I don't hit 8 PSL or something. That's part of why I don't want surgery first.

I'm having trouble fitting my tongue on my palate as it's very narrow (I have a recessed chin and everything). I thought this might help me get past the first hurdle. You know, sorta like having training wheels. And once I can fit my tongue on the palate a bit better, then I can hard mew my way to ascension. ;) But in Canuckistan, it's hard to get the stuff I need to get there. Plus with the border lockdown, getting stuff from the US takes much longer now. And it's harder, with all sorts of surprise customs fees and taxes. Can't really get anything from China either because of all the political wrangling with that woman from Huawei. No orthodontist is going to help me and only orthrotropists would understand anything related to mewing.
if u r a teen, i would def recommend orthotropics. but at ur age there is no evidence of "mewing" working, even if u change ur habits.
Thinks like palatal expansion r possible with some devices like biobloc and then changing habits, but changes to ur jaw, chin? forget it bro.
get surgery

• +1
Reactions: Salience
We don't know if hard mewing works because more force != more movement. It's possible that hard mewing is too much force such that the bone will instead remodel to oppose it following Wolff's law. Personally I doubt it but the fact is Mew can't recommend it because he isn't certain.

We don't know if hard mewing works because more force != more movement. It's possible that hard mewing is too much force such that the bone will instead remodel to oppose it following Wolff's law. Personally I doubt it but the fact is Mew can't recommend it because he isn't certain.

I wish the Mews had a larger impact on the world when I was a kid. Would've had a chance back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back