Overlooked in development - Running & Throwing

Soulrack

Soulrack

Shitposter banterist
It is widely known that modern sedentary lifestyle is negatively affecting the growth of the human body. We spend too much time slouched and sitting. This is a far cry from our ancestors who did many things differently. Today I would like to discuss two of these things, which have a potential effect on your frame.

BIPEDAL LOCOMOTION
The average human nowadays rarely walks more than a kilometer, whereas our ancestors walked and ran potentially many km in a single day. The effects of this lack of movement is very negative, especially when we are young. By not moving enough, our skeletal and muscular structures do not develop properly. Humans lack muscle mass in the glutes, calves, lower body in general that would be found in our ancestors or parts of the world such as Africa where small populations of people still live a rudimentary lifestyle. We also develop poor foot structure, which can manifest in flat feet. The bones and muscles of the foot do not get to develop properly from this lack of activity. Humans are chronically unfit too from this lack of cardio. Everyone should be able to run at least 15km without having to apply a strenuous amount of energy. We are the only species that has the ability to efficiently walk upright but we neglect this very ability. Our whole body has been built around the need to walk or run large distances.

What can you do about this?
Unless you ran barefoot as a child, it's mostly over. We all did not get to develop our skeletal system properly. But you can strengthen the muscles involved in running now. Do not run with cushioned runners, as these negatively effect your gait. Invest in minimalist shoes with little to no cushioning under the foot. Or simply go barefoot. This may look autistic though, so if you have a treadmill, use it. Go barefoot and run on it. Keep in mind though that if you decide to run outside, concrete/asphalt can be too hard for the joints, so build it up easily. Or just find a paddock or something near you and run on the grass. You may develop callouses on your feet which will actually be beneficial for you, just as how callouses on your hands when working out are good.

THROWING
This one is even more overlooked than running and is more important for males than females. Along with our elongated stance as a species, we were made to run AND throw. This was so that we could keep a good distance and kill animals with long weapons such as spears. Literally no one ever throws nowadays. This is actually a bad thing. Our clavicles are meant to be wide so that we can throw. People with longer clavicles are going to naturally be able to throw further. Throwing helps develop your clavicles properly. Wide clavicles are extremely important for frame. If you have narrow clavicles like me, it's over. Wide clavicles give you more of a V shape, broad shoulders and bigger pec development potential. Gymaxxing isn't as effective with narrow clavicles. The only downside to longer clavicles is less room for upper trap size, but it's a minimal difference.

You could look into ribcage expansion and throwing workouts though it may be too late. Surgery is probably your best bet.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: jake_okok, Kingkellz, thickdickdaddy27 and 5 others
Barret walks everywhere barefoot. Theory is solid

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 4645, diggbicc and Deleted member 2846
Good thread OP. Basically humans need to go back to being more primal. Hunter gatherer lifestyle is ideal, but nobody can do that nowadays unless they wanna go live with a tribe in Africa

• +1
Reactions: Soulrack, Deleted member 2846 and Dicklet.4.3
Also swimming for clavicles, and maybe manual labor for hands/wrists?

• +1
Reactions: Soulrack and Deleted member 2846
15km is a fuckton for not having to apply a lot of energy
15km is probably what some people walked in an entire day back in caveman

Also swimming for clavicles, and maybe manual labor for hands/wrists?
pullups made my wrists pretty thicc as a short dude, so climbing and stuff maybe? monki bars idk

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and OOGABOOGA
15km is a fuckton for not having to apply a lot of energy
15km is probably what some people walked in an entire day back in caveman

pullups made my wrists pretty thicc as a short dude, so climbing and stuff maybe? monki bars idk
I cant do a single pullup or pushup how over is it? :feelskek:

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
I cant do a single pullup or pushup how over is it? :feelskek:
bruh hundredpushups.com .so easy if you just follow the routine, also just do pullup progression, those things will probably increase wrist size even now. if youre worried about that

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Ethnicope and Maxillacel
glad I played soccer & (ice)hockey throughout my childhood from like 6 to 12 years old

• +1
Reactions: athnico
Throwing is a core and leg reliant movement. if clavicle width mattered that much to throwing, gorillas would be breaking the sound barrier when they throw shit.
You're right it is a core and leg reliant movement. Wider clavicles do help though. If gorillas had our body structure they could throw much longer distances than us, they can only 'lob' things though.

Legit thread