Palate expander at 17

H

handsomeman

Iron
My ortho is finally giving me palate expander at 16 almost 17. I’m kinda scared tho that my teeth might flare instead of my actual palate getting wider, does anyone know anything about this ??

• +1
Reactions: PeakIncels and thesaudimogger
in the same situation, hoping my palate isn't fused, if it is then i hope it will atleast give me a broader smile.

i asked the dentist about it and told him what i knew about fusion and what not, he told me palate expanders still work on adults so i don't know what to believe

• +1
Reactions: handsomeman
My ortho is finally giving me palate expander at 16 almost 17. I’m kinda scared tho that my teeth might flare instead of my actual palate getting wider, does anyone know anything about this ??
Ask your dentist they know more then we do

• +1
Reactions: SydoxD
in the same situation, hoping my palate isn't fused, if it is then i hope it will atleast give me a broader smile.

i asked the dentist about it and told him what i knew about fusion and what not, he told me palate expanders still work on adults so i don't know what to believe
Me too bruh my mouth is way to narrow I have cross bite on both sides and it’s severe I really hope it fixes it instead of giving me more problems

probally gonna need surgery cause sutures are fused. depends on type of pallete expander ur ortho uses, if they use a tooth-brone it's not doing anything at that age and is just going to cause teeth to flare out and not expand the actual pallete. otherwise, other options may actually expand the pallete but it could return to its previous size without surgery