Palate expander for forward growth?

Sokarexo

Sokarexo

Ltn coper with a shitty maxilla
I may sound retarded asking this, but why isn't there a palate expander that pushes the palate forward? Since there's a ridge between the soft and the hard palate, shouldn't it be possible to make some sort of contraption that pushes against that ridge to push the maxilla forward, to promote forward growth? I'm such a genius jfl :feelshah:

• +1
Reactions: aber, Its_over_gooner and Funnyunenjoyer1

there is

• +1
Reactions: aber
I mean the whole point of the thread was like "an automatic thumbpulling device"
im pretty sure theres one where its like a palate expander hooked onto a helmet and it pulls forward no fkn idea what its called tho

• +1
Reactions: Its_over_gooner
im pretty sure theres one where its like a palate expander hooked onto a helmet and it pulls forward no fkn idea what its called tho
Yeah I know about that but you look like a fucking alien doing it. Something as compact as a palate expander would be way more convenient

• +1
Reactions: Kelly Oubre Jr
I may sound retarded asking this, but why isn't there a palate expander that pushes the palate forward? Since there's a ridge between the soft and the hard palate, shouldn't it be possible to make some sort of contraption that pushes against that ridge to push the maxilla forward, to promote forward growth? I'm such a genius jfl :feelshah:
it only expands laterally, you have to wear facemask or something to get it to move forward

• +1
Reactions: aber and xantrooper
it only expands laterally, you have to wear facemask or something to get it to move forward
Palatal expander 02

Something like this, just separated from the front too like with the sides so that it pushes forward, while the sides expand the palate

Yeah I know about that but you look like a fucking alien doing it. Something as compact as a palate expander would be way more convenient
yeah i dont think its possible to have it fully concealed inside the mouth

I'm gonna be a black pilled orthodontist when I'm older:feelsgood:

• +1
Reactions: xantrooper
It should hook onto your teeth, but that'll fuck em up, so get braces :feelshah:
using the teeth like that is risky in general and just not enough force for effective bone movement it will only cause gum erosion and other issues

that isnt good expansion bro :lul: for adults the only viable options are marpe / mse
i didnt say it was good for cosmetics its just a orthodontic device used for forward growth which op asked for.

Pallete expander only works horizontally bro

You need to wear a special forces mask all the time if you want forward growth :lul: