Palate expander - is the wideness noticeable?

K

kotchfed

Iron
I'm getting a palate expander. I know that some people will say there is no point of it as a young adult and I know the reasons they say this but it's something I've been thinking about for a while and I might aswell just do it.

For context, I have a very narrow palate which results in a narrow face. Compared to my parents it is extremely noticeable how wide their faces are compared to mine. Putting in a palate expander, I understand that if bone expansion occurs through the splitting and expansion of the palate will it result in a much wider midface.

I also have another question. My palate is assymetrical, so one part is more curved, lower and wider than the other. This asymmetry is then seen in the rest of my face. The weaker side has a crooked nose, narrow cheekbones and much poor definition. Is this a result of the palate being uneven that the maxilla is uneven in the rest of the face?

@fauxfox
I saw you mention in someone else's post that a palate expansion would result in a wider midface and I was wondering if you could share anything on the above two points I have made.

yes and even if it just change your smile people will notice when u talik