Palate expander with inward gonions

liffyman10

liffyman10

Iron
Hey, may sound like a stupid post but is it still perfectly fine to get a palate expander to achieve a more wider aesthetic on my face, or will it make my face look bad because I have inward gonions?

If its bone borne it could indeed look bad. I looked fairly good before but unfortunately experienced significant alar base widening and facial width increase (with an already wide face to begin with). It also makes your face asymmetrical and has a good chance of giving you a canted maxilla.
Also have inward gonions and the lower jaw looks clearly worse relatively. You get a bit of a moon face, where your cheekbones protrude significantly more laterally than your gonions.
I breath better but regarding my post treatment aesthetics, I have become a ghost towards women, which was not the case prior to treatment.

If its bone borne it could indeed look bad. I looked fairly good before but unfortunately experienced significant alar base widening and facial width increase (with an already wide face to begin with). It also makes your face asymmetrical and has a good chance of giving you a canted maxilla.
Also have inward gonions and the lower jaw looks clearly worse relatively. You get a bit of a moon face, where your cheekbones protrude significantly more laterally than your gonions.
I breath better but regarding my post treatment aesthetics, I have become a ghost towards women, which was not the case prior to treatment.
i thought your jaw also expands when you wear a palate expander?