PC is subhuman for gaming (or not?)

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
Red Dead Redemption requires 12 gb of ram on PC to run on high, 30 fps while on a console 9 years old (PS4) it only requires 8. Same for Elden Ring.

Why is that?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
Because everything is better on pc.I still get far cry 4 dreams one of the best games I’ve ever played

console peasant cope
red dead runs at 60+ fps and doesnt take more than 8gb of my ram

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksOrDeath, Deleted member 23558 and .*my*.
Because everything is better on pc.I still get far cry 4 dreams one of the best games I’ve ever played
I played on both PC and PS4 and the difference is barely noticeable in terms of image quality

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
Games that are being made on PS4 get optimized so that it can be run on the said console. Since all PS4s come with the exact same specs, devs properly optimize their game so it works on the console.

Since there are so many variables when it comes to PC specs, devs just do optimization based on however they want. While this results in games requiring more processing power to run, it also makes them look far better. RDR2 and Elden Ring on PS4 look utterly horrible compared to what it looks like on PC.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22253 and .*my*.
console peasant cope
red dead runs at 60+ fps and doesnt take more than 8gb of my ram
You forgot to mention how much video memory your graphics card has, which I bet is at least 6gb. Also if your PC doesn't cost 300 dollars or less which is how much a PS4 costs then you are the peasant

You forgot to mention how much video memory your graphics card has, which I bet is at least 6gb. Also if your PC doesn't cost 300 dollars or less which is how much a PS4 costs then you are the peasant
thats cause you spend 300 on a machine designed solely for gaming

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.

Yes when you can afford a 5000 dollar PC jfl. It's like comparing a Lamborghini to a Nissan Altima. Is Nissan Altima a good car? Yes. Can you compare it to Lamborghini? No

thats cause you spend 300 on a machine designed solely for gaming
But to be honest it's not solely for gaming. Netflix, twitch, youtube, apple TV, and Disney are also available. Streaming is also available

But to be honest it's not solely for gaming. Netflix, twitch, youtube, apple TV, and Disney are also available. Streaming is also available
you have that shit on your tv aswell
you cant do any work on a ps4