PEEK implants vs Maxilla surgery?

JohnRea

JohnRea

Iron
Once and for All, let's make it clear can one get the same results with PEEK implants than why even bother getting your maxilla cut?

Let's discuss what's the advantages and disadvantages

peek implants for the midface? Then i guess u can get relatively good results(cheekbones, infraorbitals, paranasal area etc) other than nose movement, nothing would get fixed if ur mouth area is recessed tho then u would need lefort.

@reptiles

IMO implants too risky ngl, leforts always look better

Last edited:
So getting ones maxilla cut is less risky? Srs.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4044
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 4671
midfacial implants dont bring your teeth forwards.

you need lefort 1 and then upper midfacial implants to replicate MLF3 results

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne, PubertyMaxxer, Greeicy and 2 others
Why get a bunch of different surgeries to put fake foreign material in your face in the attempt to mimic a lefort when you can just get a lefort? In the long run I think you’d absolutely regret it regardless of how the final price stacks up.

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and Deleted member 3043
Why get a bunch of different surgeries to put fake foreign material in your face in the attempt to mimic a lefort when you can just get a lefort? In the long run I think you’d absolutely regret it regardless of how the final price stacks up.
definitively. implants shouldn't be the priority

definitively. implants shouldn't be the priority
Ideally I want no implants or any kind of foreign material whatsoever in my face. So I'll do LF1/bimax/genio first. But then I don't see how I fix my eye area without breaking that rule so I might just have to accept it in that case.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
Ideally I want no implants or any kind of foreign material whatsoever in my face. So I'll do LF1/bimax/genio first. But then I don't see how I fix my eye area without breaking that rule so I might just have to accept it in that case.
the only things implants are good in the lower third are to give sharpness/angularity/squareness.
i believe IMDO Can mimic it a bit.
but if you have the Money, well done fillers mogs hard

Once and for All, let's make it clear can one get the same results with PEEK implants than why even bother getting your maxilla cut?

Let's discuss what's the advantages and disadvantages

Osteotomies for the lower third.

Implants for the rest of the face.

Get the implants and move on with your life tbh. Getting your maxilla cut open is a pipe dream for most here. The custom midface implants I have seen looked decent @SurgerySoon had a great result IMO.

• +1
Reactions: Oxygen

Implants for the rest of the face.
Most retarded advice JFL. It’s the opposite. And even then it’s best to get osteotomies for lower third as well (genioplasty, BSSO) then tweaking it with fillers. Implants are not only expensive as fuck but the results can be super underwhelming as well.

Most retarded advice JFL. It’s the opposite. And even then it’s best to get osteotomies for lower third as well (genioplasty, BSSO) then tweaking it with fillers. Implants are not only expensive as fuck but the results can be super underwhelming as well.

Wait but you agreed with my point that osteotomies are superior for the lower third.

I know implants are shit and cash cows for surgeons. There are a few exceptions where they are superior in terms of risk reward , i.e. infraorbital or cheeks.

PEEK is a meme, show me one good PEEK result online

chin wing results doesnt seem good tbh, most of them are looking soft with lack of angularity.

chin wing results doesnt seem good tbh, most of them are looking soft with lack of angularity.

My knowledge in this field has improved alot since then.

In general any forms of recession on the lower third should be dealt with by osteotomies to bring the jaws in good alignment/occlusion

Implants can then be used after/or even the same time to fine tune and give angularity and mass.

fringe surgeries such as chin wings, chin shields ect should be reserved for isolated cases most of the time i feel its a meme but dont want to discredit it fully yet.

Last edited:
My knowledge in this field has improved alot since then.

In general any forms of recession on the lower third should be dealt with by osteotomies to bring the jaws in good alignment/occlusion

Implants can then be used after/or even the same time to fine tune and give angularity and mass.

fringe surgeries such as chin wings, chin shields ect should be reserved for isolated cases most of the time i feel its a meme but dont want to discredit it fully yet.
yeah bro you need mass if you want that chiseled jawline look.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262