People with actual autism, what does it feel like

House Lannister

House Lannister

Eva I loved you
idk why but I imagined it’s like flashing lights and loud sounds in your head 24/7

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: SLA and Salieri
it feels blank with moments of extreme overstimulation from the smallest sensory activation which make u wanna crawl out of ur skin

with social interactions i just dont know what to say, like imagine trying to play chess without knowing the rules, its like that, theres no nerves or fear or whatever, its just completely blank mind with no idea what could possibly be happening

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: FeelingUgly, Deleted member 17791, Hero of the Imperium and 5 others
it feels blank with moments of extreme overstimulation from the smallest sensory activation which make u wanna crawl out of ur skin

with social interactions i just dont know what to say, like imagine trying to play chess without knowing the rules, its like that, theres no nerves or fear or whatever, its just completely blank mind with no idea what could possibly be happening

Do you ever get those moments where it "hits you"? You realize your life is real, you're no longer on autopilot and the weight of being alive comes crashing down on you?
It's almost like I have a defense mechanism to not think the world is real but in those moments my defense breaks :feelsohgod:. I genuinely believe this is a simulation

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Deleted member 21058
Do you ever get those moments where it "hits you"? You realize your life is real, you're no longer on autopilot and the weight of being alive comes crashing down on you?
It's almost like I have a defense mechanism to not think the world is real but in those moments my defense breaks :feelsohgod:. I genuinely believe this is a simulation
tbh i feel like im almost never on autopilot

im also almost convinced this is a simulation i swear ive come close to coming out of it in dreams it was the scariest most undescribable feeling, it was an emotion that i could just tell had no reason to exist in the natural world, it was a very manufactured and mechanical feeling. happened a few times, very strange, feels like my heart is getting ripped out of my chest and my soul is ascending but very painfully and frightening

or i just have schizophrenia

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, House Lannister and fauxfox
tbh i feel like im almost never on autopilot

im also almost convinced this is a simulation i swear ive come close to coming out of it in dreams it was the scariest most undescribable feeling, it was an emotion that i could just tell had no reason to exist in the natural world, it was a very manufactured and mechanical feeling. happened a few times, very strange, feels like my heart is getting ripped out of my chest and my soul is ascending but very painfully and frightening

or i just have schizophrenia
I need to break the autopilot, I'm stuck in autopilot most of the time. I'm like a video game NPC that sometimes wakes up and gets scared by the reality of their situations and uses stimulation to cope with how scary this reality is. To be born into this world is such a frightening prospect, but somehow I'm still glad I exist.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Salieri
Do
I need to break the autopilot, I'm stuck in autopilot most of the time. I'm like a video game NPC that sometimes wakes up and gets scared by the reality of their situations and uses stimulation to cope with how scary this reality is. To be born into this world is such a frightening prospect, but somehow I'm still glad I exist.
Do you never get sad thinking we only have one life and our lives are spent being autistic? I wish I was born NT. I don’t even have a bad face but I have so many mental issues it makes it hard to even live. Thinking about the fact we only got one life makes me tear up. I wish stuff was different for me

• So Sad
Reactions: ChristianChad and House Lannister
Do

Do you never get sad thinking we only have one life and our lives are spent being autistic? I wish I was born NT. I don’t even have a bad face but I have so many mental issues it makes it hard to even live. Thinking about the fact we only got one life makes me tear up. I wish stuff was different for me
That’s genuinely saddening bro don’t give up yet. Do they have medications that successfully improve your state?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21058
That’s genuinely saddening bro don’t give up yet. Do they have medications that successfully improve your state?
I’m trying I’m also bipolar,ocd, adhd, and have other issues. If you want you can pm me and I’ll show my face

• +1
Reactions: House Lannister
I’m trying I’m also bipolar,ocd, adhd, and have other issues. If you want you can pm me and I’ll show my face
Keep trying bro. Yeah u can pm but I’m not a good rater at all

Do

Sometimes I do but on the flip side many NT people are walking zombies. At least we're capable of deeper retrospection even if it comes with downsides like these. If you were NT what would you live for? NT life seems so meaningless at least in this state I can search for a greater purpose

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 21058
Sometimes I do but on the flip side many NT people are walking zombies. At least we're capable of deeper retrospection even if it comes with downsides like these. If you were NT what would you live for? NT life seems so meaningless at least in this state I can search for a greater purpose
Look at Chris Chan bro. That’s what autism is like. It’s a disability that stunts your mental age to a kid like development for the rest of your life

Look at Chris Chan bro. That’s what autism is like. It’s a disability that stunts your mental age to a kid like development for the rest of your life
Well I'm not like that. Autism is a bastarzied term online, generally means being non-NT, that's what I was referring to.

So not
Well I'm not like that. Autism is a bastarzied term online, generally means being non-NT, that's what I was referring to.
legit autism then

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox
Do you have autism?

Attachments

• 1659499533761.png
    1659499533761.png
    401 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad
The stereotypes are correct. I get annoyed by small sounds like people eating or breathing. It's painful to me.

I can easily get obsessed with certain interests, I learn about a certain thing and I spend hours, every day watching videos on it, reading up on it etc. I usually want to buy soft toys of the show I'm currently watching.

It's also hard to figure out social cues. It doesn't come naturally to me at all.

It's hard to explain, all I can say is that it annoys the fuck out of me in any social situation
@Xangsane how does it feel to you?

idk why but I imagined it’s like flashing lights and loud sounds in your head 24/7
My looks are 7/10 smv so I get mixed treatment. Typical reactions are (in someones mind) this guys body and brain are 2 different people, or they assume i'm completely disabled. If you want to truly know what its like pretend you are being chased in an alley way every living second of your life, someone in this situation can easily make mistakes and is extremely anxious, perhaps critical about everything. You are being chased until you die.

• +1
Reactions: House Lannister