People with social anxiety tend to engage in restrictive “safety behaviors” that make them less likable, study finds

klip11

klip11

Narcy pirate Guardian of squirtle

These safety behaviors include things such as rehearsing what to say and inhibiting/restricting behaviors (including speaking very little or avoiding eye contact to escape notice).

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: p0lishsubhuman, Gonthar, Deleted member 21044 and 3 others
Nok anxiety subjects there 18-22 while anxiety subjects there 30+

Shit study that tells nothing, the age difference is much too big a variable

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863
All my friends are dead push me to the edge
56ADF577 17CE 42B7 92B9 636E43BFC653
49369569 99B2 42A7 82B1 ADAD9F14AB61
7CAF7750 BDAC 44F8 BE2C A67E6D5BCA59

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
Audemar wrist, count it then spend it
Matted the coupe, and my windows tinted
Chop off the top, headed to Lennox
I got some cash, I wanna spend it
New paper tag, didn't wanna rent it
Too many fags, too many bitches
Roll with my slime, yeah that my lizard
Ready to slide, you will get slithered
Hey, we ain't got ties, you ain't gon' ride
You ain't my slime, you ain't my slime
Young Gunna Gunna, I'm in my prime
Hey, so I still can't tellin' you lies
When it comes to business I'm handling mine
Yeah, I'ma kingface Patek my time

• +1
Reactions: suicide3011
I used to do those things. Blackpill unironically made me more low inhib

• +1
Reactions: klip11 and sub5inchcel

Most important thing is the mindset if you don't want to become outgoing then you never will.

You need to truly desire yourself to be as outgoing as possible. You need to visualise yourself as an outgoing verbal mogger.

Then force yourself to get out. Talk to me. Spend time with other peoples.

It will take time. Slowly but surely you will become outgoing tho.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: p0lishsubhuman, sub5inchcel and klip11
Bluepill cringe. Kys.

Social anxiety is interesting. It's normal that you have a certain inhibition with regards to social interaction. For example when you go to a family dinner you wouldn't want to be completely low inhib and say things that will destroy your relationships with these people. Or in a job interview, almost everyone feels nervousness, because they're being harshly evaluated and the outcome means a lot to them. Having a higher inhibition in that situation can be very useful because you don't want to say something stupid or something that will prevent you from getting the job.

Social anxiety is if your inhibition is irrationally high, to the point where it's restricting you unnecessarily.

But having high inhibition can make a lot of sense in some cases. For example if you're fuck ugly or have an annoying voice, then you will be less likely to initiate conversations with strangers. You could call that social anxiety, but it's just a normal process in your brain that wants to protect you from embarrassing yourself. The brain seems to process these situations on the basis of past experiences, mostly subconsciously. You don't naturally approach social interactions with a very rational view, you just do things if they worked in the past. And if for example in the past you got rejected brutally, then you will have a higher inhibition to approach women the next time. That's not really social anxiety, your brain just learns from past experiences.

If you now just use drugs and alcohol to numb your inhibition, you will only walk into more embarrassing situations, it's not really going to make you more sociable. It could add even more bad experiences and you will be even less likely to socialize in the future.

But if you are decent looking, with no obvious failos and you determined that you have indeed a very irrational fear of certain social interactions, then it is social anxiety. And you can tackle it with exposure therapy and drugs (temporarily). You will most likely have way nicer experiences than what you were expecting. And because the brain operates based on these past memories, socializing will be easier in the future and your inhibition will naturally be lower (because of these good memories that you created with exposure therapy).

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, p0lishsubhuman and Deleted member 23558
This study is a big piece of crap like 99% of social studies out there that can't be replicated even if you try a million times.
Different ages, unmatched genders... When you are fucking ugly and retarded, you will have SAD and watch what you say.

These safety behaviors include things such as rehearsing what to say and inhibiting/restricting behaviors (including speaking very little or avoiding eye contact to escape notice).
They are usually just ugly, if they would act uninhibited they would simply be seen as annoying and obnoxious

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25667
Nok anxiety subjects there 18-22 while anxiety subjects there 30+

Shit study that tells nothing, the age difference is much too big a variable
Why would it be?

They also accounted for it on the study