Perma Jutting cause me TMJ Jaw Displacement

Devilla

Devilla

In midst of darkness, I'll be the beacon of hope.
I have an overbite so i perma jut everytime that way my overbite is not obvious then after a year of Jutting i got TMJ Disk Displacement

This is what TMJ Disk Displacement is
CF3C3434 516F 4A0B A44F 5148689CDD8C

It makes clicking noises when jaw is opened and closed
3A49D475 7BD3 49DA 9A21 A196B5ED4358

If any of you have this, What would happen if this is left untreated?

I don’t want to go back to my Doctor because im saving for jaw surgeries

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: exo, Sexually Disabled and PointOfNoReturn
Bump i hear clicking in my jaw

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn
I have an overbite so i perma jut everytime that way my overbite is not obvious after a year of Jutting i got TMJ Disk Displacement

This is what TMJ Disk Displacement is
View attachment 3032793
If any of you have this, What would happen if this is left untreated?

I don’t want to go back to my Doctor because im saving for jaw surgeries
i jut but don’t have any malocclusions, gonna get myself checked out today after seeing this

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn
it depends if its with or without reduction, do you know what are ?
I don’t know what type do i currently have, I only got it in right side and not on the other

• +1
Reactions: Eiei
So the thing if you perma jut your tmj gets accustomed to that position but when you chew the tmj has to return to its original since the joint should not have 2 diff position it accelerates tmj degeneration possibility leading to tmd. Also it depends if you already had tmd or not since overbite in general causes tmj issues.

Last edited:
So the thing if you perma jut your tmj gets accustomed to that position but when you chew you chew the tmj has to return to its original since the joint should not have 2 diff position it accelerates tmj degeneration leading to tmd. Also it depends if you already had tmd or not since overbite in general causes tmj issue

So the thing if you perma jut your tmj gets accustomed to that position but when you chew you chew the tmj has to return to its original since the joint should not have 2 diff position it accelerates tmj. Also it depends if you already had tmj or not since overbite in general causes tmj issues.
Jutting or mewing, which involve different jaw postures or exercises aimed at improving jaw alignment and function, can have various effects on the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). However, their relationship with TMJ disk displacement is complex and not entirely straightforward.

1. Jutting (Protruding the Jaw): Prolonged or excessive jutting of the jaw could potentially strain the TMJ and surrounding structures, which might contribute to issues like disk displacement if it alters the natural mechanics of the joint. However, occasional or mild jaw jutting is unlikely to cause significant problems on its own.
  2. Mewing (Orthotropic Exercises): Mewing aims to promote proper tongue posture and jaw alignment. While these exercises are intended to improve dental and skeletal alignment, if done incorrectly or excessively, they could theoretically contribute to TMJ discomfort or disk displacement. Proper technique and moderation are essential for preventing potential issues.
Overall, both practices could impact the TMJ, but they are not commonly identified as direct causes of TMJ disk displacement. If you experience TMJ symptoms or discomfort, it's important to consult with a healthcare professional, such as a dentist or an orthodontist, who can provide personalized advice and treatment options.